Range on Buffs?

M

Melodic

I saw in a thread somewhere on this board something about Mythic talking about implementing a range on buffs to get over the buff bot problem. I have just read the 1.60 patch notes and can see no sign of it in there, so could someone tell me where they saw this mentioned? I am thinking of levelling a druid on my second account to buff my shade but it wouldn't be worth the effort if they are going to have a range.

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Melodic
I saw in a thread somewhere on this board something about Mythic talking about implementing a range on buffs to get over the buff bot problem. I have just read the 1.60 patch notes and can see no sign of it in there, so could someone tell me where they saw this mentioned? I am thinking of levelling a druid on my second account to buff my shade but it wouldn't be worth the effort if they are going to have a range.

<Krypt gives Melodic a huge hug, and hints to join #daoc.prydwen and talk to Teh_Krypt>

M

Melodic

bah there was me thinking you would be answering my question...i am so dumb at times :rolleyes:

K

Kobold

How long range we talking about here? A whole sone? same range as chants (speed, mana, end etc)?

tbh don't think that will work very well :rolleyes:

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Melodic
bah there was me thinking you would be answering my question...i am so dumb at times :rolleyes:

it's Krypt come on... what did you expect?

as to the original question:

There is no patch with range on buffs - it's purely the figment of some VN posters imagination spreading as rumour and then being taken as fact.

It's never been seen or heard of anywhere near Pendragon nevermind the live servers.

A

Alrindel

This is something that always gets suggested when people start arguing about buffbots. It's not, as far as I know, anything a Mythic developer has ever said they were considering, or might be considering for a future patch.

That doesn't mean that it might or might not happen some day, but for now it's just a rumour.

W

Whoodoo_RD

I too am sure that a Mythis post somewhere did mention some limitation on buffs.

I cant see a problem with this, it will force groups to stay tighter in RvR, and help eliminate the amount of lowbie buffbot only chars around.

D

Damon_D

Well cant see it happen but dont realy care , use a bot mainly for lvl'ing

C

carnak

I also thought i saw it mentioned somewhere, range was going to be 8000 (same as RPs) but i think they didnt even test it on Pendragon due to the huge amount of resistance they got. Dont quote me on that though ;)

A

Aravis

I suspect at some point some kind of range will be put in.

AFK Buffbot for plevelling - fine
AFK Buffbot for prvring (I invented a new word ;)) - Annoys a lot of people

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom