Range ect.. grr bah

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
ok so i know wizzies got 1800 odd range to bolt at, but afaik, this is the max distance for all bolt casters, so why is it, every runemaster i seem to come across, or in fact every caster mid, seems to have like 3000 range on eveything they do ??? wtf !! i have actually noticed the distance i could fire on kobbie casters while on the keep walls, ""ure target is too far away"" , fine, cept there bolts can hit me from that distance, and ToA stuff doesnt affect u that low lvl. Yeah im a crap wizard :p never played caster much b4 but i do know a little about them and theres no way any realm can out bolt another i think. Also, does height affect bolts ? or only arrows, i couldnt really see a difference tbh ..

And as for that norse SB :p just wait ull get yours hehe <btw cant u wait till im lvl 24 b4 repeatedly killing me over and over and doing /cry, your not proving anything :p>

Kougar

Loyal Freddie
least its not /rude :p

dude u an't the only guy to say this.. im sure its the same in the other realms too, a few occasions of random over reach, happened to me a few times while playing against shammys or sm's for some reson theyd always manage to perform a life drain or bolt on me.. yet im a scout and i have a larger range ( supposedly) and i was out of range :) still.. i put it down to lag..or bugs.. if there is a real reson, im rolling a mid lol :D

koug

Treyguard

Fledgling Freddie
It might be lag?
With my 56k uber connection I've sometimes bolted someone from what looks like miles away with my RM. What actualy happened (I'm assuming) was they were just in range, I got spell off ok then they ran away and the bolt graphics looked like it flew miles and miles.

Same with shooting through walls and gates - get spell off ok, but by the time the lag sorts itself out the target has run through a gate, had tea and gone to have a chat with the keep lord. :worthy:

Kougar

Loyal Freddie
see ^ perfect example on how to not flame and be civil :) /respect

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
ok so i know wizzies got 1800 odd range to bolt at, but afaik, this is the max distance for all bolt casters, so why is it, every runemaster i seem to come across, or in fact every caster mid, seems to have like 3000 range on eveything they do ??? wtf !! i have actually noticed the distance i could fire on kobbie casters while on the keep walls, ""ure target is too far away"" , fine, cept there bolts can hit me from that distance, and ToA stuff doesnt affect u that low lvl. Yeah im a crap wizard :p never played caster much b4 but i do know a little about them and theres no way any realm can out bolt another i think. Also, does height affect bolts ? or only arrows, i couldnt really see a difference tbh ..

And as for that norse SB :p just wait ull get yours hehe <btw cant u wait till im lvl 24 b4 repeatedly killing me over and over and doing /cry, your not proving anything :p>

u might be lagging as some1 wrote. Me running 2 clients on the same comp, using /clientsleep background, still ppl unstealth me that i cant c, not meaning GT area dmg.

and btw, that SB, whats his/her name? :)

Balthus

Fledgling Freddie
I did think that the runies and shammy bolts had longer range than 1800 cant remember now tho.I do remember bolting alb wizzys with my cave shammy Boltfromtheblue b4 they could reach me,not sure if that was cause they didnt expect a shammy to run 4ward and attack or if they not got the range on their fireballs but i dont think id outrng a alb,mythic wouldnt allow a dirty mid to outrng 1 of their darlings would they ;) ???

Treyguard

Fledgling Freddie
All bolts have a range of 1875. DD's have a 1500 range and nearsight is 2300 (I think...over 2000 anyway).
Add to that any toa +% spell range :)

Balthus

Fledgling Freddie
As far as i was aware the only thing that ever out ranged my shammy bolts were nearsight and one of the alb classes has a crazy ranged mezz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom