random numbers in 1.51

K

knockout

just a reminder that 1.51 has the ability to produce random numbers so lottery will be easier by then.

no more unfair systems

H

Herbal Remedy

Originally posted by knockout
just a reminder that 1.51 has the ability to produce random numbers so lottery will be easier by then.

no more unfair systems

um how is it unfair now? full group lvl 50s all get same xp and xp is random so what was your point?:eek:

Y

-yoda-

the random number thing sorts all drops out good n proper imo . in usa "albion" after a big raid they get everybody who wants drops "ussually state only lvl45 or 47+ can try for the items "due them being mostly uber lvl 50 stuff" to goto the tower near suavage if class specific they ask all of that class to do a /ran 100 closest to 100 wins the loot . it isnt split betweens guilds but just the people who try for the item . only rule they have is one person cant have two drops ,
lots easier and more fun when doin the lotto this way .

K

knockout

herbal, think LEGION DROPS lottery system.

O

old.Wildfire

I'm happy with the lotto system as it is. Plus how can you expect the exact people that want the exact items to be able to be in exactly the right place at exactly the right time that's convenient for the people doing the lotto? (referring to the post above about the people turning up for the items that they want)

B

belth

The lotto system is fair enough for what it's used, /random will just make it easier, no need to travel anywhere to kill mobs.

P

[PS]Venom

Possibly the distributor gets a random number, and the people who want the drop make a random number and the nearest one wins?

Not that I've ever gotten a drop offa these thing, but that's mainly because I never get chance to take part :p

O

old.Wildfire

Are the random numbers broadcast? If not then how do you know who's being honest and who's cheating?

K

knockout

well we will find out next patch , and i assume all GM can be in a party and read the number if its not broadcast. 7 at least + the one doing the lotto.

newhienrich i was thinking all ppl give a number and the random that gets closer gets the drop.

B

belth

As far as I know, it prints out the number in the info-box or chat-box. Funkadelic.

P

[PS]Venom

newhienrich i was thinking all ppl give a number and the random that gets closer gets the drop.

Ah yeah, that's an easier way of doing it I guess :p I always overcomplicate things :p

H

Herbal Remedy

um thats how legion drops are done xp gives random xp = random number and closest number wins so ill ask again what was your point?

Y

-yoda-

yes the random numbers are posted in chat so EVERYBODY can see the numbers."go try it on gorre" :)

as for calling people to lotto . and they might not be able to attend . on usa they do lotto IMEDIATLY after raid . its not done a few hrs later or days . soon as raids finished they lotto the items . that way a high % of the people who atteded raid can participate in the tiems they want.

S

Sibanac

Re: Re: random numbers in 1.51

Originally posted by Herbal Remedy

um how is it unfair now? full group lvl 50s all get same xp and xp is random so what was your point?:eek:

Yeah sure and all raids have atleast i FG lvl 50's
And xp random ????? ya got to be joking

O

old.Odysseus

current lottery system is fine.
no cheating as of yet, everyone happy with it.
'If its not broken, dont fix it'.

O

old.FIN

Well "team" what we have doing those legion lotto is good and fair, and we all think albs best, so we dont need any extra poop.

Every1 is happy at lotto stuff at LB, and its fun also.

And if u know something about respecting and trust, u wont posted those kind of things in here, u can use the random number maker or what ever it when u wanna lotto things but we dont, imo.

we aint loot whores like some might be, we only sell the items at Ebay and we go to pub have a beer with those moneys =)

damn shame we have to kill it about 100000 times more to get the plane tickets also.

K

knockout

with that xp random numbers can you get a number close to 100 ? whats the range on those kill numbers?

isnt it possible that the mob you kill always gives the so callled xp numbers in a small range and then 1 person can always ask for a number close to it thus increasing their chances of getting the drop ? how random is that then ?

O

old.Odysseus

a mob has an xpvalue.
this value is divided by the number of players in group, modified by some rules depending on levelrange etc, that we do not know fully.

so far, I have experienced no tendency towards one or the other end of the scale.

'If its not broken, dont fix it'.

T

Tiarta

Hi Knockout

i have thought of that, that the same number might pop again and again and ppl could take a number near that one, the mobs we kill vary from orange to purple con, and when we kill them we have atleast 1 man outside main group to hit the mob too, to make the xp varie (we call it leeching in Albion ;) )

it should make the lotto number totally random.

hope it answers ur question

Tiarta - lvl 50 Cleric
Teleri - lvl 50 Sorcerer
Gobo - lvl 39 Mercenary

Dragon Knights

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom