Random groups a thing of the past?

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Spent an hour yelling LFG earlier, after pming various people and getting totally ignored I gave up.
I haven't seen one person as I did before NF yelling LFG.. is it because now people just generally port to whever a fight is and get stuck in with no organisation etc? Or just more guild groups? The battle I had earlier (which was quite large and went on for about an hour) had no cg/bg. For me thats odd considering pretty much every time there was a full scale battle last patch there was at least one cg/bg floating about.

solls

Fledgling Freddie
I think you will find mate, that random groups are a thing of the present and the future since NF. Youl see a notable decrease in the amount of guild groups running around, at least for the next month or so.

From what ive seen, the only groups leaving DL are at least half random

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Seems to be far more albs running around solo than before.

Mainly like lost sheep looking for someone to follow - but with the map to play 'chase the flames' some folks cant be bothered waiting for a group forever.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
something to bear in mind is that /invite works across the entire frontiers now so you don't need to meet up to make a group.

gravedigger

Fledgling Freddie
Skaven said:
Spent an hour yelling LFG earlier, after pming various people and getting totally ignored I gave up.
I haven't seen one person as I did before NF yelling LFG.. is it because now people just generally port to whever a fight is and get stuck in with no organisation etc? Or just more guild groups? The battle I had earlier (which was quite large and went on for about an hour) had no cg/bg. For me thats odd considering pretty much every time there was a full scale battle last patch there was at least one cg/bg floating about.

<snif> the boy is whinin he couldnt find grp how rude of you all not 2 take him along in the zerg :clap:

shame on you albies :p

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Skaven said:

Try the albion section. You might get a more decent response there. Just an idea thou.

Grebneklaf

Fledgling Freddie
The big fight i think you are talking about had a chatgroup, silly thing was though that the CG leader was anon so nobody could find the Chatgroup.

And yes much more soloers

Rhirap

Fledgling Freddie
i assume tis because NF is just an archer-zerg, so most of them will only grp with other archers (after all, how many of those fotm archers actually solo? ie look for 1 v 1s, instead of adding on fights and zergs)...and ppl are now playing them instead of mains

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
depends what u mean as random grp .. we killed alb zerg yesterday with our RANDOM GRP :x

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
AB has been running guildgrp every night since NF release now, something that we definetly didnt do before NF - this is because we dont have to have an opted grp in NF, instead we can invite whoever wants to tag along, go to some siege hotspot, and do reasonbly well. Also, we dont have to bother about rebuilding grp after first wipe etc as is common with pickupgrps, since people are alot more forgiving of each others mistakes in our groups.

Wmv

Fledgling Freddie
You should see midgard frontier /BG then, consists of 20grps of 3-4ppl in each, rest is solo ppl

Miho

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, so what if we'd clear out the terminology a bit. ;)

Ungrouped: People that are not in group but stick to the zerg and don't wander far from it.

Soloers: People who wander alone, keep the distance to large bunches and try to find other lone/scattered people to fight.

So, based on this terminology the number of soloers hasn't noticeably changed IMO. However the amount of ungrouped people has risen dramatically.

Just my 2 cents :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom