Random crashing?

Litmus

Resident Freddy
This effecting many other people other then me and a couple in my guild? can be quite depressing to drop and meet a 400 que to get back in. :(

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
So far I've only had one CTD since head start launch this Sunday, which means about 10-12 hours of gaming or so.
So can't say I personally have felt much instability.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
ive had 3 CTD's in 10hours play time, all duing a scenario.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
On zoning in to Nordenwatch a few secs ago I got booted back to the Character selection screen and being prompted to accept GOA's CoC.

Still, queues are nice and small today :)

Scorba

Fledgling Freddie
Getting CTD from time to time. Reckon it may be the game and Vista 64 dont agree 100%. War certainly seems to block some stuff like Vent when not run as an admin.

Javlar

Fledgling Freddie
I've played a total of 15 hours or so and I've had about 10 CTD's. The CTD's I can live with, it's not that big a deal (at least not until end game rvr) but since CTD equals 30min-2hours waiting time it's making me fucking bitter.

Also running Vista 64.

Javlar

Fledgling Freddie
They could solve it by making characters stay logged in for a minute or two if the game didn't quit through the normal menus i guess. But fat luck on that.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Ouch, sad to see that this isn't sorted out prior to retail launch. Was a clear issue in beta and should have been top priority. Would be interesting to know how many actually ran (or if it was even possible) the client in a debugging environment to help trace down the crashes.

Toel

Loyal Freddie
Haven't had any crashes til just now - I died in the tier2 zone and poof, I'm at my desktop.

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
Getting CTD from time to time. Reckon it may be the game and Vista 64 dont agree 100%. War certainly seems to block some stuff like Vent when not run as an admin.
working 100% for me under Vists Ultimate X64 been playing since the start of open beta and have yet to have the game crash or any problems other than the odd bug in the game like the char sticking in a pose half way through a swing.

legar

Loyal Freddie
people on the closed beta board are bitching about todays patch and crashes also.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
crash about 25% when ever i take a flight then after than its a rollay ball ache to get back in if its not stopping at patching screen its nothing happen happening at char selection screen (ie no toons to select from)

rynnor

Rockhound
Ive had a few crashes to char select and one that took me from a scenario straight to desktop - would be ok if I didnt then have to re-queue :(

Xandax

Loyal Freddie

I run Vista x64 and as mentioned above, I've only had 1.
I think the reason might be something else.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Vista has a broken sound system, I wouldn't blame War for blocking voice comm software, I have to run TS2 and Ventrilo in admin mode too to be able to use it, with every game.

It looks like most of the crashes come from wrong pointer arithmetic (e.g. application trying to access memory it doesn't have allocated/rights to), the OS terminates Warhammer then.

No idea how the CTDs have passed beta, it's not hard to debug from a developer's point of view and with the amount of people having it, internal and public beta teams should have provided reports with stack traces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom