random Crashes to Desktop

Sinned

Fledgling Freddie
I have these since I'm running the toa client, just random Crashes to Desktop( CTD) Sometimes Im already crashing just after logging in and other times I can play for hours without one crash but this is a rare thing

I tried everything from defrag, scandisk, changing gfx drivers from old to new and backwards, reinstalling dx9, using compatbility mode for camelot.exe...changing my mouse from usb to ps2...

I have no idea what to do now and it's frustrating to say the least

I can give my system spec for if it might be usefull..

windows xp pro
AMD xp 2000+
ECS K7S6a motherboard
512 333mhz ddr ram
hercules manufactured ati radeon 9500 pro 128 mb @ ati catalist 4.2
creative sb live player 1024 on latest creative driver
80 gig maxtor hd

Can someone help me out? :(

you wont want to hear this but its your motherboard combined with your chip
the K7S6A has MAJOR problems with AMD chipsets, why the hell i dont know, the good news is there is a Bios flash comming up soon that "allegedly fixes it" ive had the same probs since day 1 tbh it pissing me off.. so i sent error logs to both AMD and Elite (k7s6a makers) they both got back to me after looking over the logs and said that there was a conflict they were aware of, even though it wasnt as wide spread as id hoped, but they are working on a fix with AMD and that will be out soon.

http://www.tweakers.net/meuktracker/3330

im not sure if this is the flash they were referring to but im updating it prolly at weekend...... :clap: it reports to fix an async memory problem which is the main casue for your crashing and mine, lets hope it fixes

Sinned

Fledgling Freddie
damn that sounds like bad news

but does it only interfere with the toa client? cause no other game did that before and si still runs just fine ;o

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
try searching for free ram xp pro on google, I used to have this problem and it was because DaoC continually ate my ram until it became massively unstable, but freeram can be set to automatically free ram when it goes below a certain level = problem solved

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
Ensure that TOA has full access through your firewall this caused me problems when i was running SI and i was getting kicked off due to not having all levels of access for the game.

the free ram program is a good idea (you can get it from www.downloads.com ) i run it as well as these from

http://www.dachshundsoftware.com/index.html

i run anticrash, hare and zoom and it makes thing run nicely. the programs also sort out your registry and the drivers (so they run on a need only basis so you have more system resources).

there are plenty of places to find "copies of the full version" on the net as the trial only runs for 20 trys.

(btw don't bother with battery doubler (unless you have a laptop) and juggle mouse)

also a lil tip don't have anticrash enabled when running DAoC it keeps trying to fix it and fails. there is an option to disable it

remember serials 2000 are your friend http://www.serialz.to/s2kupdates.html

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Only crashed 2 times last week, during djinn porting on my bot comp. But since this lil patch we had this week. I cant even release without crashing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom