old.RooT

Right peeps im "new game huntin" and thinking of UT but have questions :p
1.There a large amount of players +servers
2.Is there large leagues
3.Well me AMD k6 :( 500 128 meg V3 2000 be able 2 play it ? :(

T

Testin da Cable

for once i partially agree wiv defi.
tho I'd slowly start thinking about upgrading your pc, even though UT is nicely playable on the so called lighter processors thank goodness :)

buy the CD and be welcome RooT!

-tdc

W

Wazzerphuk

Hey, I get framerates of 50+ on a PII350, 160mb RAM and a TNT2. Your spec is fine. Although get a new gfx card, voodoo's sux0r! :)

O

old.RooT

Rgiht got ut 2 day installed patch went for a game....i look at the score board ping "76"which i know i cant do on a modem so i asked ppl in server they said press "f6" for ture ping...400+ wtf is up with this game me q3 ping hasnt gone 150+ in a while yet ut is sitting on 400 its like ice skating around lvl ffs :)

T

Testin da Cable

ah well there are servers and there are servers, ping and ping.
find a good server near you. play on it and keep an eye on your ping. if a server has a heavy load it's ping will rise etc.
when you've got UT started, open the multiplayer, click server list and wait. then wait some more. low ping servers aren't always the first to turn up.

-tdc

O

old.RooT

Im pinging servers at 120 on gamespy in game ping is shite frame rate is high so it isnt system lag :mad:

T

Testin da Cable

aha ok try this m8:

start up UT normally. don't start with gamespy or mPlayer or heat or whatever.
second pulldown menu from top-left. chose multiplayer then the tab serverlist. wait. you'll see some coloms ie servername, ping ,players etc. click on the ping colom so that it sorts the list lo to high. click the topmost server that still has free playerslots. enjoy!

what the above does is ask the UT master server to send you it's server-list. as the master server [theoreticly] contains all the UT servers in the world [it doesn't but no matter :)] you'll get a good list.

O

old.SUp3rFM

just a note... Quake network code is far more faster than the one of UT. (it's quite hard for me to accept this :))

T

Testin da Cable

true.
to bad i don't really like Q3, it's too 'flashy' if you catch my drift. loved Q2 tho.

on a different note: hows your Rune coming along SUp3rFM?

O

old.SUp3rFM

Rune is great. Very nice graphics, fluid gameplay. It's nice playing it, while taking a break from UT (dm, Ra and TO). U should see it... maybe buy.. or dload it :p

O

old.RooT

pfffffffffffffff bull 2 ut laggy as fuk..........ppl in servers r fuking nobs shhh newb go away how the fuk is that helping..........waste of a fukin cd.

O

old.SUp3rFM

not :)

Well, it's your opinion against the most fast growing (online) gaming community... Are they all wrong? :)

O

old.RooT

I did play other online games and ut is laggggggyyyyyyyyyyy its a bitch 2 fuking move in that game

T

Testin da Cable

RooT, I'm starting to think you have a configuration prob there m8. I've played UT on 33k6 modems up to, and beyond ADSL and it always ran nicely.
Perhaps it's wise to run thru your UT setup and check your settings, specially the 'network' ones. Also you can directly tweak the netspeed setting ingame by bringing up the console and typing >netspeed x
without the > and where x is a number.
I find that with my cable modem I have to shimmy the setting between 8000 and 14000 to optimize my gameplay.
On a 'busy' server I'd lower my setting in fractions of 500 and raise it back up when the load seemed to lighten up.

See if it helps m8.

-tdc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom