Question Radiant Heat Panels

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Anyone got any wall hung radiant heat panels or know anyone who's used them?

Looking at the herschel stuff but there's a few out there. Just want to know if anyone's got any real-world experience?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Anyone got any wall hung radiant heat panels or know anyone who's used them?

Looking at the herschel stuff but there's a few out there. Just want to know if anyone's got any real-world experience?
Interesting, never seen that before, my brother works in the building trade doing massive commercial shite so I will ask him later today.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Interesting, never seen that before, my brother works in the building trade doing massive commercial shite so I will ask him later today.
Yeah. I don't reckon there's a lot of people who are aware of it. I'm thinking of heating a 'barn' I'm building with 'em (we may end up living in it over winter - building it to mostly liveable standards in terms of insulation (although the barn doors will present a challenge).

What I like about them is that they're really easy install and very efficient and I can stick 'em up high and angle them so they'd effectively take up no space that I care about.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yeah. I don't reckon there's a lot of people who are aware of it. I'm thinking of heating a 'barn' I'm building with 'em (we may end up living in it over winter - building it to mostly liveable standards in terms of insulation (although the barn doors will present a challenge).

What I like about them is that they're really easy install and very efficient and I can stick 'em up high and angle them so they'd effectively take up no space that I care about.
Yeh I have to be honest I am intrigued by them now, though I would do more investigation due to high electric costs, bet the solar panel industry is having a field day, I was out on a walk with bro yesterday and we saw a few houses with new panels on the roof. Not sure what the return life is like now as I remember way back when it was around 25 years but again electric costs must have brought that down.

Also you mention a barn, we walked past a house which could have been a farm dwelling as they had like a brick outbuilding with massive double wide doors and it looks like a work area inside along with tons of wood for a fire. Was a lovely walk.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That is not a barn!! That IS a man cave, I want fibre everywhere, beer fridge, big flatscreen tv (along with a bucket and tons of tissues for those special viewing moments).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That is not a barn!! That IS a man cave, I want fibre everywhere, beer fridge, big flatscreen tv (along with a bucket and tons of tissues for those special viewing moments).
Long term it'll be kayak and bike storage and then whatever we want with it. Yeah, I'll wang a sofa in there. No TV tho - might stretch to a pool table. Got to stick a big freezer in there for the animals (about ten geese and 30 guinea fowl are for the chop in September). Anywayz - I've got a 200+ year old barn that I put a tin roof on that I use for barbecues and fires when it's shitting it down - wang a few barrels of ale in there and we're good.

This new monstrosity might get moved into when we lift the roof off our house over winter (if I don't pull the trigger on a shepherd's hut)...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
View attachment 47950
Goin' up, slowly but surely. (But slowly :eek: )
ammo GIF

Embattle

FH is my second home

Are the tissues for when you look down and see the size of your manhood?

Nice looking frame.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Are the tissues for when you look down and see the size of your manhood?

Nice looking frame.
That would involve him being able to see past his nose ... :sneaky:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That would involve him being able to see past his nose ... :sneaky:
Cheeky cunt, when it rains I never stop you from walking in front of me to keep yourself dry.

Embattle

FH is my second home
So many replies possible.....must resist.

Any way how goes the energy plans in the valleys of Wales?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Any way how goes the energy plans in the valleys of Wales?
Too much on my plate at the moment and I think solar will turn into a legal battle. So getting things sorted temporarily and will put the solar onto a fast follower.

Not to mention that I need a fucking second job :(

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Too much on my plate at the moment and I think solar will turn into a legal battle. So getting things sorted temporarily and will put the solar onto a fast follower.

Not to mention that I need a fucking second job :(
How goes the man cave build? Need more progression pics please!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
How goes the man cave build? Need more progression pics please!
Slooooooooooooowly:
1691523768404.png

They will be back Friday so the frame and cladding and windows should be done within a week of that. Just had 2500 slates delivered for the roofing too. Costing me a frickin' fortune.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Slooooooooooooowly:

They will be back Friday so the frame and cladding and windows should be done within a week of that. Just had 2500 slates delivered for the roofing too. Costing me a frickin' fortune.
That looks so good. Just noticed the full balcony bit along the front.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Update for ya @Deebs. I've got the roof on.

1694198728692.pngNow first fix electrics, insulation, boarding, plastering, painting, second fix electrics, flooring and fitting the fucking thing out :eek:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
How many bogs?
Zero. I like to piss in my stream.

It's a big shed really. It could technically be converted into living accomodation - the floor slab is insulated, the space will be insulated to modern standards etc etc. All you'd have to do is partition it up, knock a gable end out and put glass in it, it'd be fucking mint.

But I'm not allowed to do that - national park wouldn't have granted planning. And I've enough living space anyway. It'll be a big shed (bikes/kayaks/gear/farm shit) and probably one end will be my office, have a nice couch, desk, stereo etc etc...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oh, and goose storage, of course...

1694199534303.png

Embattle

FH is my second home

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah, I saw this one whilst browsing a few days ago on the same site.

I wondered about getting an old oak whiskey barrel.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Yeah, I saw this one whilst browsing a few days ago on the same site.

I wondered about getting an old oak whiskey barrel.

The only issue with that, like the tree trunk, is you can't use about 100 litres of the water if you use the tap.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The only issue with that, like the tree trunk, is you can't use about 100 litres of the water if you use the tap.
Yep. But really, it's for dunking my kayaking equipment in after I've used it in salt water. An expensive solution for that tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom