Radar

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
Does it still exist within the game and if so when will they be able to stop it.

Hello by the way I have been on holiday and am back, thank you Martenz for looking after my girls while away.

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
still does exist but i think alot more ppl nowadays gets banned

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Pipppi said:
have any proof? :p

haha =))

yer, a few ppl got banned lately for using it, so I hope the feckers stop doing it.-

Ging

Part of the furniture
lol thread title like that is asking for a closed status :)

mods on lunch?

see if this degrades into radar whijn!!

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
haha =))

yer, a few ppl got banned lately for using it, so I hope the feckers stop doing it.-

People get banned for radar abuse, you just don't read about it. Some game "quitters" might actually be leaving due to an account ban. Anyone caught playing with radar is given no warning, and a perma ban is issued upon proof.

I would advise against it!

liloe

It's my birthday today!
eggy said:
People get banned for radar abuse, you just don't read about it. Some game "quitters" might actually be leaving due to an account ban. Anyone caught playing with radar is given no warning, and a perma ban is issued upon proof.

I would advise against it!

arg divide that "haha =)" and the rest, I didn't mean to joke about the process of banning =)

I know that GOA doesn't inform when an account was closed for radaring ( cause of obvious reasons ), was just laughing at the "have any proof? :p )

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
as long as noone starts accusing anyone the thread stays open.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Chronictank said:
i accuse you of going soft !
rawr :flame:

sorry, bored at work >_<

nah I fully expect it to be locked within the hour ;) but you never know I might get surprised :p

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
agree with flim
nice subject to talk about w/o accusing tho

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
Ok well something did happen to me and I wont name names. I was killed by an SB while playing Cryissa. This is nothing unusal accept I just didnt see him coming. Well no thats wrong I saw him not in stealth then go into stealth. I backed off thinking hmmm where Ill look around then I was PA'ed. This doesnt happen often to me and when I looked him up on Duskwave I was shocked to see he was rank 3. This would mean that it would be unlikely he would have MOS4 which is what I have so I felt it was strange to be found so quickly without my dectecting him. So I thought Radar? It might be unfair but it was just my thinking.

Maybe someone would know better than me here?

And yes VF I would like to duel you again sometime. Give me a few days to get back into the swing of things here.

majik

Banned
Alhanna said:
Ok well something did happen to me and I wont name names. I was killed by an SB while playing Cryissa. This is nothing unusal accept I just didnt see him coming. Well no thats wrong I saw him not in stealth then go into stealth. I backed off thinking hmmm where Ill look around then I was PA'ed. This doesnt happen often to me and when I looked him up on Duskwave I was shocked to see he was rank 3. This would mean that it would be unlikely he would have MOS4 which is what I have so I felt it was strange to be found so quickly without my dectecting him. So I thought Radar? It might be unfair but it was just my thinking.

And yes VF I would like to duel you again sometime. Give me a few days to get back into the swing of things here.

You can be banned for using Stealthlore?

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
it still exists and its fairly easy to find if u want to look. wether mythic/goa can detect the new ones i have no idea. lets hope so.

and no i've never used it or any other daoc hack. i just like to know what im up against.

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
Sure stealthlore but that would mean someone would have to have a reason to have it up and running? I know that when I need it, it is normally due to attacking another assassin who then uses vanish. I then stealth lore to look or other times I use it when someone was just killed and I arrived shortly after, I may use it then. For someone to use it on me I was thinking along the same lines as when I use it? Does that make sense? The timer is short I think for all stealth lore items isnt it?

majik

Banned
Alhanna said:
Sure stealthlore but that would mean someone would have to have a reason to have it up and running? I know that when I need it, it is normally due to attacking another assassin who then uses vanish. I then stealth lore to look or other times I use it when someone was just killed and I arrived shortly after, I may use it then. For someone to use it on me I was thinking along the same lines as when I use it? Does that make sense? The timer is short I think for all stealth lore items isnt it?

Stealthlore timer is 1minute and if a weaker sb sees a glimse of a infil which would be a hard fight they would get to a less visible place, use stealth lore and then go land pa chain on the infil.

It is called tactics, not radar.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
vintervargen said:
2week skii-trip¿

lucky for you they don't do those anymore or I'd consider that an accusation and ban you again...

AmeinoN

One of Freddy's beloved
Alhanna said:

You mean you dont use SL if you want to pass or get close to Brynja Bridje?
Or you dont use SL if you know that some stealher camping a certain place?
Or you didnt ever use SL @ Amg-Mmg w/o see someone ?
If you have 2-3 items with SL you dont really consider the timer :touch:

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2017.shtml

There has been some silliness on the message boards about an “unbreakable radar program” that “Mythic can’t detect.” Last week we demonstrated that this was pure fantasy on the part of the cheaters. We permanently banned the accounts of 107 radar users, and gave out 167 suspensions. Look for plenty of new “I, uh, I quit! Yeah!” posts on a message board near you!

ok, they cought some, but the once they banned have been running around and practicly braging about how they use radar for quite some time now. For some reason radar users are much more common and open with it on US server. Mythic are quite slow at reacting, will not be suprised if the most known radarers still be around next time I head out for rvr. Still nice to see they are actualy doing something about it, and not ignoring, as it have looked for quite some time

angrysquirrel

Fledgling Freddie
there have been times when its either impossible luck that you happen to be at a very random spot in a rarely travelled part of the world and a nasty stealther pa's me, i worry about it so much it gives me nightmares !!

i was wondering though, do the players still have a role to play here by reporting those paranoid moments or do our french friends actively deal with them ?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I would think that radar has been significantly reduced. I solo with a visual character lately, and I haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary in the places that I hunt.

On the other hand why would someone use radar know when Zergdar is available is beyond my understanding. You always know where to find people if you spend sometime going through the popular spots. You don't really need anything to let you know that there are 1728174517128950502 alb stalthers in Ocasus bridge! Nor do you need anything to suggest that nearby within range you'll have some hibs/mids waiting for an opening.

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
Alhanna said:

My dear friend , MOS does not work against other assasins i'm afraid.Only archers have the superior MOS that works against both assasins and archers.

Welcome back though :) Will be good to see you on the battlefield again :drink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom