Radar

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
For those who missed this yesterday

Another Wave of Hacker Bannings
Posted By: Sanya Thomas 2004-08-30 14:00:05

It's another beautiful Monday. We're making it more beautiful by suspending over a hundred and fifty people busted for third party programs, and permanently terminating just under two dozen repeat offenders. The bright side to all this is that the number of people cheating has dropped dramatically.

Really cant wait for 1.70 here in Euro, ban the cheating #?@%'s

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
wonder if they only 'ban' people that didn't renew their accounts anyway

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
curious how they can tell tbh, most third party software runs on top of games and doesnt actually send any data back to the game servers

unless of course they just monitor peeps and those that beeline straight to hiding enemy are seen as radar users?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
oblimov said:
curious how they can tell tbh, most third party software runs on top of games and doesnt actually send any data back to the game servers

:clap: I get to quote this again :clap: just love the way its put into simple terms, this was copied from one of the radar application support forums

It doesn't have anything to do with the datastream or network traffic at all. To explain it in non-technical real world terms: Think of daoc (game.dll) like a car. When you start the game and load it into memory, you are "taking the car out for a spin". xxxxxx (the xxxxxxx server component actually, as well as xxxxxxx) are like kids on skateboards that grab onto the rear bumper and hitch a ride. Right now, you can think of the car as being driven by a monkey. He doesn't notice or care anything about what may or may not be attached to the car. If Mythic wanted to, they could put a concerned parent with a cell phone in the back seat to watch behind for naughty little kids on skateboards.

It also relates to Mythic and monkeys... yay

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Only difference between Mythic and GOA will be is they will instaban offenders they won't bother with suspensions etc ^^

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
Only difference between Mythic and GOA will be is they will instaban offenders they won't bother with suspensions etc ^^

I really hope so, Rather hoped they had a way to lift this fix to 1.69 but obviously not, still at least we'll get it soon

illu

Part of the furniture
Quote:
Another Wave of Hacker Bannings
Posted By: Sanya Thomas 2004-08-30 14:00:05

It's another beautiful Monday. We're making it more beautiful by suspending over a hundred and fifty people busted for third party programs, and permanently terminating just under two dozen repeat offenders. The bright side to all this is that the number of people cheating has dropped dramatically.

What amazes me is that basically 150 people have either been radaring or macroing crafting - so they get a slap on the wrists - then about 24 don't take that as a hint and get permabanned for a repeat offence. 24 stupid people.

I think people here should have accounts suspended for a first time offence on macro crafting and then all crafting reset to 0 and money put at 0 (saying that - I'm sure there would be ways around this - putting money on alts etc). I only say this as a friend got permabanned for crafting - which I thought was a bit harsh - but on the other hand, it sends out a very tough and good warning!

but I'm all for permabanning cheats found with radar. I've heard of some really "lucky" finds that some full groups do to find someone to kill, so it will be nice to cut down on these sort of incidents.

Are there any other kind of 3rd party software apart from radars and macroing that are used to get yourself banned?

Oli - Illu

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I'm surprised no idiots have popped out from under their rock yet bragging about how this is a hoax and that they will continue to use radar. :D

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
I'm surprised no idiots have popped out from under their rock yet bragging about how this is a hoax and that they will continue to use radar. :D

Maybe they are sat in their little abusing corners and are now shaking at the possibility that their world is about to come crashing down and they won't be leet anymore. Hope so..i would ban the chaeting mofos straight away. Screw the 3 day ban. Don't deserve any form of warning if they use something like this anyway. Might make the game better for all of us if they cut out the few peeps who we all know use it.

Or, will these be the people who suddenly post "Well, time to leave for pastures new" threads before they get caught and are made to look like the dicks they are. :clap: Sooner the better imo.

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
Albions told me it was a hoax and that they will continue to use radar.

Hehe only joking (If I never said that was a joke can you imagine all the people flaming me, would be fun to read though).

I'm glad to see Mythic are doing something to battle these cheaters. You never know maybe sometime in the far far future they may make online game cheating a crime and those found to be cheating are arrested and there computers taken away and not returned. That is if the game company where the cheater was caught wishes to press charges.

That reminds me of a very old video of a lan where someone yell "THERE IS A CHEATER IN HERE" Then the lights come on in the building and you just see this guy come running over to this guys computer where you see him proceed to remove the base unit, then another guy comes along gets hold of the guy throw him out of the building then the other guy throws the base unit into the car park which then smashes into a few hundred pieces.

And yes I know that video was staged incase someone thinks that I believed it's real.

I know this wouldn't happen and GOA would get sued, but they should name and shame the cheaters that are found. Give ingame names, real life names addresses, phone numbers. So we the Dark Age of Camelot community can harass the little s**ts.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
they're all taken already ;)

I knew it was you who took them before me all along...

Now I must plan revenge...

*Tries to think but it hurts to much, so runs away instead*

Chilly

Balls of steel
anyone who needs radar needs to get a crapper computer tbh, iv been using ghetto lag-dar for ages! I can tell when a single person is approaching, ofc i have no clue what direction but the little twitchings of my lovely hdd are ample warning to wake me up and look at the screen while i perma camp mmg in hw :p

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
think I had the best idea ever!

if you want to quit the game once and for all, just use radar and make it REAL obvious so even GOA won't miss it! :D

*cough* anyone got a link for me ? *cough*

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Tears said:

Been hearing that opted groups are near-extinct in NF. More frequent and faster paced action between rag-tag groups of odd numbers. Sounds alot more fun and can't wait for NF either :p

Cyfr

Banned
Actualy I just found a girl who likes hardcore GTA Vice City, which is good enough for me!

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Cylian said:
think I had the best idea ever!

if you want to quit the game once and for all, just use radar and make it REAL obvious so even GOA won't miss it! :D

*cough* anyone got a link for me ? *cough*

Thats not obvious enough,

Use a macro app to automaticaly make your paladin twist, then enter the frontier, using a speed hack to get better than mins speed, obviously use the wall hacks to simply run through the milegates and keeps, if you see an enemy zerg just simply :-

a) Lag strafe all over the place
b) zepher them into a zone wall if you have that ability
c) use the teleport hack to move you back to a safe spot

Urm... that should get you banned :)
Ohh and hellp is you have BOTH commonly used radars active too

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
For those who missed this yesterday

btw in 1.69 already the 'free' radar program were pwned, the only one that works right now on euro is not spoken on this forum!

yeah its not much but at least it gets rid of the free progs

mudguts

Fledgling Freddie
Moo said:
btw in 1.69 already the 'free' radar program were pwned, the only one that works right now on euro is xxxxxxxxxx.

yeah its not much but at least it gets rid of the free linux / win32 progs

wd :twak:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
funny thing is the software is already running so those that have used it since the last patch wont be playing NF :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Cylian said:
there's two ? :eek7:

In the old days there was prog.A which got the game data from computer memory, and prog.B which got the game data by sniffing the network.

In patch 1.68 if i recall they encrypted the network traffic better so prog.B failed to work, this was promptly changed by the author to scan the game data from memory just like prog.A did - so yeah there were two - just wish GoA could find a way to have included it with 1.69 and ban the #@$%'s

Roll on 1.70 !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom