Radar Users

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
It will be interesting to see who /quits.. in the next few weeks, what with NF round the corner. Its a FREE (ie u have nothing to lose) update that seriously overhauls what we know as DAOC, the game we all love and played for 2 years, and it looks like there is going to be ALOT of action.

Mebe we could start a petition to allow for radar use in Europe.

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
I dont get your post, probebly me tho.
But why make a petition to allow radar...u need it that bad :p ?

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
I dont think that many will quit radar doesnt give that much of a advantage as most people think. the ones that get a little help with it is mezzers, people leading the grp and soloers with some sort of speed.
The range radar make you see is 7000 if you lucky, if enemy+ you run in speed 5 radar will not give you any prewarning before they are in visual range anyway.
Soloers with no speed cant utilize it as they cant move fast enough or enemies with speed will catch them anyway. how many seconds does 7000 or well, 4000 (then you enter visual range) take to run? 1sec? 2 sec?

And no i havent used it, seen friend test it on account before he sold it.

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
youve got to ask yourself

seens as ive heard figures like 20% of all daoc peeps use some sort of radar

would mythic/goa really turn round and ban 20% of the gaming (paying) community?

When all there doing really is just upping their gameplay and stuff, ok albeit by cheating but there not actually pyhsically harming the server or anything like that

I think it would be cold day in hell when goa find all teh users and ban em, would be like changing BB's to not work either losing em half their income from a majority of peeps

Chronictank

FH is my second home
soon as they start banning people will stop using
so u prolly lose 10% max imo
personally instead of a ban i would hit them where it hurts, reduce their rp to 0 1st time then ban 2nd

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:
It will be interesting to see who /quits.. in the next few weeks, what with NF round the corner. Its a FREE (ie u have nothing to lose) update that seriously overhauls what we know as DAOC, the game we all love and played for 2 years, and it looks like there is going to be ALOT of action.

Why allow radar when this patch will nail the radar users? .. And they have to stop using it? .. I don't get it? ..

Either you quit the game or uninstall the radar now! :twak:

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
oblimov said:
I think it would be cold day in hell when goa find all teh users and ban em, would be like changing BB's to not work either losing em half their income from a majority of peeps

Do as you wish with radar users, but keep your hands off my BB :) It's only 39 lvl ffs

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
tbh think it will be near impossible for them to tell

all they might base it on is watching people in rvr and seeing that one grp basically does a complete u turn when a stealther pops miles away causing them to see it on their radar thingy?!

does it work with stealthers? not really seen it

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
oblimov said:
youve got to ask yourself

seens as ive heard figures like 20% of all daoc peeps use some sort of radar

would mythic/goa really turn round and ban 20% of the gaming (paying) community?

When all there doing really is just upping their gameplay and stuff, ok albeit by cheating but there not actually pyhsically harming the server or anything like that

I think they would. Yes, you lose some accounts, but most people would rather play a game devoid of cheats, than one with 20% of the people cheating. Honest players would quit and the reputation of the game would go down (no new sales..) if cheating got too widespread, it could kill the game dead.

But I dont think they will just kick out those 20% like they should, no they will give them all warning that they must remove radar programs cause it will be tested for... that way they hope they can stop cheating and retain the cheaters subsciptions.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
nobody senced any kind of sarcasm in Zoyster's post? is it just me? :| maybe Zoy was serious for this time

hahahaxD etc

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
oblimov said:

I don't think it works when you're stealthed. However it has happened to me to go to remote places just to rebuff dmg add, and 2 secs later I have some ppl coming over and pbaoe the place.

One very weird coinsidence was when me and a chanter were trying to get through a camped hmg at hw, where I went ahead stealthed while the chanter stayed back and out of sight waiting for me to give the green light. What I saw, was that a sorcerer and a mincer, went straight to the chanter, despite him being way out of visual range (but it was within that 7000 range, if that stands). Of course, how can you prove those things?! Well, you/we can't, but I'd love seeing the day when they ban those fuckers!

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
Aloca said:
And no i havent used it, seen friend test it on account before he sold it.

But u beat him up for using it + report him right?
=P

gravedigger

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:

yet again another useless radar whine :m00:

moderator close thread plz (always pointin and acusin bah) :twak:

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
It'd be interesting to see how many people do get banned, there was a lot of skeptisim in the US about the new 'Anti-Radar' shit supposedly in NF. Atleast until they started getting banned, I think they caught 500 people in the first wave :eek7:

Still, it wouldn't surprise me if GOA took the same stance as Mythic on this.

1st time = 3 day ban,
2nd time = perma,

Guess I never really think about radar though seeing as i'm not above putting the blame on myself if I screw up. ;)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
hey, there was no pointing and accusing, still radar thread.....then again, has been a few days since none of them appeared, the fotm is dead :/ get a new fotm post plz.

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
yea lets explain people quitting before NF with radar, not with stupid reasons like:
- silly realm balance favouring the alb zerg
- university/school/college restarting
- old and tiring game

good one as usuall clueless radar whine fucks

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Insta ban all cheaters in the first wave instead or as proposed.

If they get caught!

1. round strip em of all rp's

2. Perma ban

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
oblimov said:
tbh think it will be near impossible for them to tell

all they might base it on is watching people in rvr and seeing that one grp basically does a complete u turn when a stealther pops miles away causing them to see it on their radar thingy?!

They start monitoring what you have running on your computer, ALL that you running, if they see a radar program they ban you.
leagal? dont know but thats about what they do.
(it is in us eula that if you crash they can take a memory dump to prevent more crashes or similar. it also state that they can search thro your hd for same reason)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Novamir said:
Such a bitter old man!

As for the issue at hand, going on what Requiel has said in the past, I don't think radar user should count on getting a second chance before they are out on their asses, tbh.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Such a bitter old man!

As for the issue at hand, going on what Requiel has said in the past, I don't think radar user should count on getting a second chance before they are out on their asses, tbh.
They got the warning from US servers already

[e]

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh, I think more people use radar then you guys suspekt and they will continue doing it even after NF. Most probably it's all your leet "heroes" that abuse radar the most to upkeep their leetness.

I have read alot about this crap in the purpose to see what Im up against. Apperently it's impossible to detect radar even in NF, if person using it is atleast "not stupid" and know how/what to install. This cheating-lameass-bullshit is the reason I don't play Counter-Strike, one of my all-time favorite games.

Now, i read somebody saying something like "radar don't do that much" or similar. It's bullshit! Radar fucks up the game completely. You think to "only" know where your opponents are, to be able to land mezz first etc is "not that much"? Well drink a Redbull and think again.

Radar screws up games mostly for stealthers imo. Atleast a fg has a good chance to be able to put up some sort of fight vs a attacking fg, as radar gives advantage but not a 100% guarantee for win. As for a stealther, just bend over and try to find your "happy place". As far as I know, radar don't show your exact loc when you are stealthed, but it's enough that they know "about" there to TS, SL etc...and ofc everytime you unstealth, the random fg rapes you regardless of where you are.

It's lame, but it's game. You might cry for me saying this, but I think mythic should give radar to everybody as a build in function to the game similar to the map system. Since they can't really do anything to stop the ppl who really want/need to use it, they might as well make the game equal for all.

that's my opinion.

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Novamir said:
yea lets explain people quitting before NF with radar, not with stupid reasons like:
- silly realm balance favouring the alb zerg
- university/school/college restarting
- old and tiring game

Novamir. who has accused anyone of radaring ? personally it don't really bother me. We all know the "radar-users" were gonna post goodbye threads before they were busted, if they are clever they post their thread a few weeks in advance..... so I just bringing it to the forefront of discussion, where it belongs!! People speculate, accuse, etc, but given the stats previously of radar-users and the video footage, everyone knows there are a few hundred Radar users in Europe. fact.

If we plot a Graph of all goodbye threads in Europe, I bet there will be a HUGE peak in the 8 weaks b4 NF !!

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
So Clipse, you are saying that i could be one of those radar users who quits in advance?
And tyka? And Kagato? Just to name a few.

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Stip their RP's, stick a long sharp wooden pole through them and feed them to kobolds.

Oh yeah, kidnap their cats too.

Cheaters don't deserve anything less.

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Angara said:
So Clipse, you are saying that i could be one of those radar users who quits in advance?
And tyka? And Kagato? Just to name a few.

who knows ? I don't know, have no proof, so won't make silly accusations. But why r u quiting like 2 weeks before NF ? why not give NF a bash for a week, then Quit ?

I have seen the attitude of some gamers, I have seen the sheer arrogance of some IRC people, I have seen the constant whine about Alb zergs, I have seen people charge straight at me in the most unusual of places (okay 9 out of 10 times prolly good driving, but 1 out of 10 is radar). I have seen people who vehemently will go to ANY length to protect their RvR reps.

I have no doubt in my mind of all the 1000's of peeps on this server, ther are people who feel it is justified they are given a little advantage by using radar.

Who do I think uses radar ?
The people Who whine the hardest about alb zergs.

didyoufeelpac

Fledgling Freddie
hm i heard in us first day of nf and patch 1.70 around 1000 people got 3 day banned cause of radar . but anyway why to use radar ? nf has it own radar as have maps taht sow the keep patrols and the groups that passing from the eye of the patrol at least that i read am i wrong?

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:
who knows ? I don't know, have no proof, so won't make silly accusations. But why r u quiting like 2 weeks before NF ? why not give NF a bash for a week, then Quit ?

Maybe they have seen what NF have done to US servers and dont see any point in staying any longer to wait for the huge zerging that will happen? Maybe they are tired of the game and arent really looking for another reason to stay ingame? Maybe they are tired of spending 40-50 hours pr week stuck inside in a game instead of being outside or atleast hanging with RL friends instead of online ones?

The options can go on and on, but I am sure you will dismiss all of them and say they are purely radarers that dont wanna get caught before they can sell their accounts on eBay. Your choice I guess, I dont really think anyone care though.

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Mithryn said:
The options can go on and on, but I am sure you will dismiss all of them and say they are purely radarers that dont wanna get caught before they can sell their accounts on eBay.

Ass-u-mption.

but I didn't think of the ebay thing, there ya go, another reason to quit 2 weeks b4 NF.........

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:

I have seen the attitude of some gamers, I have seen the sheer arrogance of some IRC people, I have seen the constant whine about Alb zergs, I have seen people charge straight at me in the most unusual of places (okay 9 out of 10 times prolly good driving, but 1 out of 10 is radar). I have seen people who vehemently will go to ANY length to protect their RvR reps.

I have no doubt in my mind of all the 1000's of peeps on this server, ther are people who feel it is justified they are given a little advantage by using radar.

Who do I think uses radar ?
The people Who whine the hardest about alb zergs.

So, you actually think i quit cause i could get busted for radar?
Perhaps your little peanut up in your head cannot comprehend that after 3 years of daoc, some people get tired and dont want any more changes or dont wanna spend more time in game.
I didnt want to play TOA, but my last goal (rr10) was so close that i decided to finish that last goal. And now when most of my best friends left the game (tyka, fame to name a few) there is not much left for me that motivates me to keep playing. The last 9 months, i havent been mister-active at all, i just reached my last goal, and now i am happy with what i reached.

Stop telling stupid shit that people "might quit of radar being detectable" and "people who whine about zerg might use radar" is utter bullshit for me personally. You should think twice before you open your mouth and make accusations about something you have no idea about.

I dont need cheats to win from your group or your zerg, we proved that more then enough.
And i actually feel stupid that i responded to you at all, but i dislike it when people make false accusastions (sp?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom