Radar for everyone!!

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Zerging is sooooooooo much simplified. Don't even need cgs or /send to learn where battle is going on. Just check that :eek6:

Although the keep teleportation systems seems nice :D

Corell

Fledgling Freddie
sounds exactly like a replica of the map system used in Planetside, although i hope we get the version without the bugs :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
It has promise, but it is going to take loads of balancing and play testing to get it right. It seems to me the kind of changes they are introducing with New Frontiers have the potential to make or break the game we all love(?), so I sincerely hope they don't screw it up.

tsaxpinoula

Fledgling Freddie
lol

come on m8s its nat big deal :flame:
you want rvr you have rvr in zergs :puke:
there is a lot of time when we r gonna see this patch.
tbh this is my opinion about this expansion

:kissit:

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Time to start recruiting me a crew of surly pirates! There are swashes to buckle!

Exioce

Part of the furniture
ahh such memories of being a tank at keep takes/defences for the 1st 6 months of the game :m00:

bult

Loyal Freddie
that sucks :/ exactly what i was afraid of, isnta add ability ala planetside.

Kenshee Himura

Fledgling Freddie
Did you read or just look @ the pic?
Battles will be shown
If grps get to close to keep (4000 units) there comes a icon near that keep (kinda logic imho now the guards actually have a purpose)
The teleport shit is worse by far imho :(

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
I think it's a good change. They're illustrating a point by officially making it a large scale pvp-game. The "radar" promotes adding/helping. Also it's an important step to minimize gains from third party radar programs. Can't 100% guarantee nobody's using it? Give it to everyone.

Twisted

Fledgling Freddie
stubbe said:
I think it's a good change. They're illustrating a point by officially making it a large scale pvp-game. The "radar" promotes adding/helping. Also it's an important step to minimize gains from third party radar programs. Can't 100% guarantee nobody's using it? Give it to everyone.

Hmm by that argument .. amy as well give people GM passes too .. as some hack that oO ... j/k

Gotta say i aggree with those who say this look like planetside ... and like planetside it gonna have the same problems .. UNLESS .. there is a zone cap put in place ... which there wont be i can guarantee.

BTW is planetside dead now .. ?? .. i left it after trial month ... had better things to do than what 5 FPS video :p

Aussie

Banned
if they can't fix it they just give it to everyone, same like they did with window mode

Shawr

Fledgling Freddie
I don't like the sound of this. It's going to make getting a nice clean 1fgv1fg fight even rarer than it is atm.

Negura

Fledgling Freddie
Shawr said:
I don't like the sound of this. It's going to make getting a nice clean 1fgv1fg fight even rarer than it is atm.

That's what I fear too.
But if you read the Grab Bag from the same day, you'll find out that the size of the fight anyone can see on radars is subject to testing.
If they make it 16ppl+, it would be great. So it will give us a chance to spot zergs instead of ruining fg fights.

Big Ugly

Fledgling Freddie
looks great imo ... hoping that all 3 frontiers, or rather the 3 different part of the 1 new frontier, will get to see the same sort of action now

not the way it works out now with emain being zerged or owned by the l33td00ds, Odins being zerged or camped to death by stealthers and HW left empty..apart from the odd soloer

the new keepstuff sounds excellent, including the towers surrounding the keeps

:clap:

but .... this IS mythic ... they can say to be planning one thing while actually doing the exact opposite. so i'll wait with the party after the americans have beta tested it for us ;)

XeffoInfil

Fledgling Freddie
ok so you cant log into a keep under siege, but now you can Teleport to it instantly if its under siege! wooT! stupid...stupid bad mythic :twak:

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
XeffoInfil said:
ok so you cant log into a keep under siege, but now you can Teleport to it instantly if its under siege! wooT! stupid...stupid bad mythic :twak:
not if the enemies take the towers first..

it's called strategy, something this game has been lacking for a LONG time

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Wake up please njubs, the radar also gives you the opportunity to avoid the zerg. You don't have to go there unless you want to zerg.

The teleportation does sound a bit crappy though... we'll see what it's like, I think Mythic are trying to clump all the zergy players together and get them involved in one big fight, and open up the rest of the frontier so that other players can avoid them. At least, that's certainly possible with this system, whether players will take the initiative or just whine like liddul babies is quite another matter.

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
not sure I like it, but it depends.
they say it will show battles above a certain size, but havnt stated what size yet, if it doesnt show smaller fights like fg vs fg, then great :)

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
I think the new system will givf more hectic rvr=fun rvr.

Just my thoughts tho.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
The mini-map: can be used to avoid zergs and find zergs, should make everyone happy.

The teleport system: /salute and /bow to Mythic for bringing some tactics and strategy into the game - this system coupled with the new siege rules has the potential to be truly great.

The more i hear about this expansion the more i believe daoc is gonna be a vital game for years to come. Seems Mythic is commited to breathing new life into it :) Only real drawback i see so far is that the new setup will require some awesome server capacity/architecture.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Fantastic changes.
no more waiting for ports. No more roaming for hours without finding anything.
No more running into a zerg and being slaughtered (unless you want to ofc)

More keep orientated warfare, yet the option to avoid the mainstream areas and sneak around a bit.

This should change the game from FOTM fg v fg and make it more tactical.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
teleport thing works a bit like corpse summoner?.
and the radar like guard patrolls spamming someones /gu but instead its shown on a map?

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Shawr said:

It will also mean that players who want to avoid pre-existing battles - where you're most likely to fing zergs - can do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom