Race for Infiltrator

C

Chean

I cant figure out what race is best for a infil, But im thinking of makeing a Incunno infil so i just wanna know is it worth it?

Its going to 50

T

thegreatest

think saracen is still the best class for an infil (if its gonna be a thrust one that is)

V

vestax

slash infil = brit
thrust infil = saracen

Or Innconu for extra resists?!

T

thegreatest

Originally posted by Mugz
Going Mercfil spec

doesnt matter, the question is are you gonna be slash or thrust?

V

vestax

saracen then...............................................................................

T

thegreatest

roll a saracen and put in +10 dex +10 qui +10 con

^^ thats what i did anyway, some people will suggest you to put +10 stre instead of +10 con but thats just up to you...

N

-Nxs-

You could always forget about trying to aim for the Uber character - and just play the one that looks nice :)

G

Graknak

Small iconnu in stealth will be less noticed then a saracen or briton in stealth due to being allmost 50% shorter then the rest.
It's not the iconnu looks that do it but the size of the char, i mean even if trolls had stealth you'd notice a troll sooner then a kobold right? ^^
However the advantage of being spotted less comes with a price which is having high int which ya don't need and low qui.
Thrust Iconnu with +10 con/dex/qui (or Slash Iconnu with +10 str/dex/qui, but slash ain't that good for iconnu) would still be good enough tbh. altough you'll always have 10 wasted points compared to Briton and Saracen.

O

old.Morchaoron

briton has base 60 str 60 dex, which means a effective 60 stat for slash and 60 for thrust

saracen has a base 50 str 80 dex, which means a effective 50 stat for slash and 65 stat for thrust, but you will have -10 con aswell...

inconnu has base 50 str 70 dex, which means a effective 50 stat for slash and 60 for thrust, but you will have -10 quick aswell (not really THAT important)

however, the inconnu has +3% thrust resist insead of +3% slash resist the 4 other races have, the other magic resists arent that important although spirit is better then heat in the infils case...

inconnu is the worst race for infil (not much shades around anyway)

L

liste

personally, i think saracens are useless for anything but pallies or casters.

infil, i'd go briton if slash, and either briton of inconnu as thrust.

Reason?

Con > qui
inconnu thrust resist instead of slash, is probably for the best, if a slasher. reason; Slash infils have a harder time vs shades than SBs, and as such, the 3% will come in handy

slash infils are obviously better as britons, stat wise, but inconnu has both resists and size going for them. besides, they look different :)

However, difference at 50, is fairly small, so any look you want, will make a good choice

O

old.Morchaoron

they have a harder time vs shades yes, but generally you fight hordes of slash users and not hordes of thrust users :p

V

vivacelilp

Why thank you Sharma ...
Take thats me as im the only active one of the server thats 50 (female)

N

Naveh

Saracen - Thrust
Briton - Slash

I wouldn't make an inconnu tbh 10points to waste to int... not that it matter that much.. but rather have my points in useful stats :p

S

Sharma

Originally posted by Naveh

I wouldn't make an inconnu tbh 10points to waste to int... not that it matter that much.. but rather have my points in useful stats :p

15% resists. ^^

O

old.Stang

Shadowblades will be your hardest targets, a Briton slash Infiltrator have a bonus on Norse leather, it can be de difference between life and death.

O

old.Morchaoron

Originally posted by old.Stang
Shadowblades will be your hardest targets, a Briton slash Infiltrator have a bonus on Norse leather, it can be de difference between life and death.

so can be dragonfang (9 seconds of pure stunnage)

and inconnu has more resists but infils dont really need that much magic resists, you gotta focus on melee, how many times will you be heat-attacked? and inconnu has 3% thrust resist instead of slash...

W

witte-

btw mercfil aint good at low rr just a tip.
best is CS specc till rr5 / rr6 then respecc to mercfil

D

dokujin

Briton thrustfil> saracen thrustfil.

slash = 100% str
thrust = 50% str 50% dex

so britons have more WS and hp.

And they dont look gay.

D

dokujin

Originally posted by vivacelilp

Biggles L50 Paladin RR6