RA3MAP9

O

old.Swelt

Hi

This is my post to SAVE RA3MAP9

Please sign below if you agree with me that map9 should be included in the next season of the BWRA3L.

RA3MAP9 is, to my mind, ideal for 5v5 competitive play. There is a high level of connectivity, but defined and defendable areas, meaning that either defensive or offensive tactics can be used. It's a nice size for fast paced play.

Please do not be put off by the 8v8 ffa's you may have played on public servers. This map is just right for 5v5.

Cheers

Swelt

O

old.Swelt

This is map9 btw :D

map9-1.jpg

O

old.corran

I agree on the above that Map9 should be included :)

Wooo my 1st post :)

O

old.Luck

Picmip 0

Looks luverly on picmip 0 =)

I vote yay too =)

O

old.cheef

I'm in agreement, map9 should stay for sure. It's different, very well laid out, and great to play on when 5v5.

My tips for removal: map2, map10, map13.

W

Wazzerphuk

Save our map 9! :)

On another note, I still haven't received confirmation of our clan signup. Hurry up, slax0rs! :D

O

old.Tha^Ersatz

Yeah Map9 is funky, but don't replace Map2 with it cos I love map2:) [even if I am in the minority there:p].

T

Teaser

Map 9 is okay.

Map 12 needs to be deleted from existance.

O

old.Swelt

Right - now that the schedules are up, I can make my point fully.

The current schedule has all the standard RA3 maps apart from MAP9 and MAP2. Now map2 is totally unsuited to competitive play and I can't see anyone (apart from Ersatz?) missing it. However map9 is a great map for 5v5 play and shouldn't be left out... particularly when maps 10 and 13 are so so so much worse. Please not that when I say worse, I don't mean that I don't like them per se... I rather enjoy map10 on a public server. My point is that they are not suited to competitive play. Both are too big and lack sufficient connectivity for 5v5 clan ra3.

So please. Post your votes here. My personal preference is that map9 should replace map13 (as I think of the 2, 13 has the worse layout), but others may hate map10 even more?

btw, if you don't know your map10 from your map11 or 12, check out http://www.maps.clanx.org.uk - an idea blatantly stolen from the old RGS map piccies page (even if it has been implemented in an alltogether nicer way :D)

Cheers
_________
Swelt

O

old.Kapiter

ra3map6 suxx

I like map9. In fact I like more or less every maps EXCEPT map6... and I don't know anyone who likes map6. It is over-huge, it is boring, I dont see any interest in this map.

OMG 1vs1 on map6... take your seats, have a drink, it will take ages.

ra3map6 shall die :)

O

old.NightStrike

KEEP 13 :)
I've been known to get 5% rail accuracy on it have some pity on the monkehs :(

O

old.akiki

Map9

Oh my god, I can't believed you fired map9 and kept map6 or map10 :/

Well, nothing can be done about map6 I suppose (omg this map sucks so much to me, I can't even find the words to tell exactly how much, I liked it a lot better in its previous version, although it was badly bugged), because we're only a few days before the season starts and it is the first map. But please, please, take back map9.

I couldn't agree more when Svelt says you mustn't judge this map on 8vs8 FFAs on public servers. This map is just right for a 5vs5 clanwar, my BunK mates and myself experienced it against X3, SxR, and some other clans in the clanbase ladder (KRoNoX's DrM for example), and it was each time a good match/training to me.

On the other hand, map10 and map13 are much too big, too many rooms, not enough connectivity (I like this word, it is really important on RA3 maps indeed), these maps are good for boring games that are gonna last 2 hours and more.

Ok I hope we will be heard, my last word will be GL to all teams as the season begins

*BunK*AkirA`

O

old.FireFoXx

All maps are good

Yes, ra3map9 is fine...

Although, I don't see what the problem is with large maps like ra3map13... It has clearly defined locations, and a layout which does require you to think a bit more.

People on this thread are saying that smaller maps are better for clan play, cos of a thing called "connectivity"... Well, please bear in mind that this has the potential to translate into:

"A small enough map that we can bunch up together as a clan, and use Lightning Gun to rape anything which doesn't have a yellow triangle over its head."

Larger maps favour more open play, prediction (no, not necessarily spam), and some nice railing at long range... If this kind of play offends the Lightning-Gun-Only Brigade, then get a grip... The whole point of having a wide variety of maps is to test the full range and depth of your skills.

With this in mind, I have to say that I really don't mind *any* map in RA3... Thankfully, I haven't seen requests to make the league ra3map1-only.

RA2 had 28 maps in total, only a few of which were unsuited to clan play... And there were about 5 or 6 custom maps added to that list as well... Please let's not dumb down Q3 anymore... Otherwise we really *will* end up playing ra3map1-only in this league one day.

>> FireFoXx >>

O

old.akiki

FireFoxx, I do understand what you mean, and I swear I'm not from the Lightning Gun Only Brigade :D
And I do like most of RA3 maps, including map13. But I'm just trying to imagine how long rounds are going to be on ra3map13, there are so many rooms, it is so vast !
I do like to play map13, but I don't like 20 minutes rounds :p. Now, map9 is quite an open map, which permits nice railing skills (as far as I've been able to see in my preview clanwars on it), and is not only a rox 'n' shaft showtime.
Then again, If I had to choose between map13 and map10, I'd probably choose map13 because it's really a good map ; the only problem is that, I'm sure a match will take ages on this map, because it is really really vast, and if the 2 teams decided to camp on it, I don't even want to imagine what that match would look like.

O

old.Swelt

Firefoxx - glad to see that someone has voiced a different opinion on map13... it was beginning to look like I had bribed all these peeps to back me up :D

My objection to map13 is not that it works against the "LG Brigade"... in fact it's quite the reverse. Map13 has spawns dotted all over it's rather large layout. Say that you spawn in one of the main areas. The 5 enemy get lucky and spawn near this main area, but 3 of your team mates spawn in one of the far corners or in the underground labyrinth. What happens? The 2 players that spawned in the main area most likely get LG raped by the team of 5 that spawned nearby. There is no possible way for your team mates to get to you in time, or you to reach them, due to the lack of connectivity. After that, it's 5 v 3 through no real fault of the players that died.

I don't object to map10 particularly - I just figured that it wasn't popular. I feel it has much better connectivity than map13 - for a map of it's size it's got alot of interconnecting routes.

As for map6 - we have played alot of games on this lately against all levels of opposition and I have to say that it IS now a much better map than it used to be. It's very open to strong teamwork and (how many times can I get this word in) it's connectivity is much improved. A clan that learns this map and had the teamwork to back it up should win 9 times out of 10. As such, I reckon it's ideal for clan play.

Cheers

Swelt

O

old.UncleSteve

mmmmmmmmmmm well im not as keen as every1 else it seems on map9. Mebbe in time that'll change tho :) Although im still not keen on it i suppose if nuff ppl r then it should prolly b put back in. As for the map for it to replace looks like 13, map6 being one of my favourite maps due to it being quite different from the others and due to laughin at ppl (babs) throwing themselves in the lava whenever possible ;)

o well gl to every1 this time round :)

unc

O

old.NightStrike

lmao.gif
that is soooo not a minus score on purpose btw :) just his monkeyness 0wning him :(

O

old.Yhamm

keep ra3map13 !
include ra3map9 and kick ra3map10 :D

O

old.UncleSteve

rofl i always remembered it a few worse than that, screenies prolly all been destroyed now tho :)

O

old.NightStrike

Yeah it was worse that that but i had just reconnected :/

O

old.xBaboon

/me takes a lovely warm bath in the lava.

pfff non lava drowning muppets ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom