RA Review

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Could be good,could be shit..let's whine when we know more imo ;o

Soulbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Fadeh said:
All healer classes with bof gp and pr.. How nice

redesigned versions yea.. dont know how nerfed or changed they will be untill it hits the servers

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Rebalance of Power and Timers. No RA will have a timer longer then 20 minutes, and in most cases, timers will be in the 5-15 minute range. With the reduction in reuse time will come a commensurate reduction in power.

They took my advice xDDDDDD

Additionally, keeps will be constructed so that point-blank area affect spells (PBAEs) will not work through keep walls and closed doors. Ground-target area affect spells (GTAEs) will still work as they do currently in the game. However, all area affect spells will not affect anyone that is under a roof

and again xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

sounds good but it comes too late, it wont heal the scars!

Happlo

Fledgling Freddie
They will have to tread very very carefully with this, as it will be easy to mess the whole thing up. Sounds like they want to change RAs to more "augment" a fight than create ones that can almost win a fight when you press them, like in some instance's now ;)

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
With the changes ToA MLs and artifacts will worth even more I think.

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Homogenization of Class RAs. The RAs previously known as "Class Special RAs" will now be available to classes in other Realms that share the same archetype. For example, Druids, Healers, and Clerics (all sharing the healer archetype) will each be able to purchase redesigned Bunker of Faith.

hoho, albs getting teh bat me thinks :p

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Appendix said:
Wonder what it will be like to play on god mode(bof) with a savage :)

You'll never know since it's redesigned ^^

Kahland

One of Freddy's beloved
remi said:
Homogenization of Class RAs. The RAs previously known as "Class Special RAs" will now be available to classes in other Realms that share the same archetype. For example, Druids, Healers, and Clerics (all sharing the healer archetype) will each be able to purchase redesigned Bunker of Faith.

hoho, albs getting teh bat me thinks :p

GP is alot better than sos

and sometimes i wish we had pr instead of bof 8]

But..... getting GP mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :clap:

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
I cant see why anyone would whine over that, sounds great IMO, would equal terms even more, lets just see what impact artis and MLs have frst tho, maybe then RAs wont even be as important who knows

fungus

Fledgling Freddie
can some1 copy pasta the review got a damn web blokker here at work.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
fungus said:
can some1 copy pasta the review got a damn web blokker here at work.

sure

Here is a list of basic information about our design direction with the revamp of the RA system. We will be publishing specific information about these changes over the next few weeks and months, including a complete list of all abilities, point costs, and allowable classes.
Standardization of RP Costs. Each RA will fall into one of two categories: RAs with five levels and RAs with three levels. We'll publish the list of abilities and costs in the near future.

Each RA is being analyzed for usefulness. Some that are deemed not useful will be cut entirely.

"Free" Class Special RAs. Instead of the very powerful ten and fourteen point class specific RAs of the old system, the new system will grant each class a free RA at Realm Rank 5. Most of these will be on a ten or fifteen minute timer based on power.

"Free" Abilities based on player level or spec level. Additionally, some classes will receive what were former RAs that are deemed to be essential to their nature automatically as they reach certain levels and spec levels. We will publish a full list of these along with the other specific Realm Ability changes in a few weeks.

Rebalance of Power and Timers. No RA will have a timer longer then 20 minutes, and in most cases, timers will be in the 5-15 minute range. With the reduction in reuse time will come a commensurate reduction in power. Additionally, RAs that were far too potent will be toned down while RAs that are unused will be eliminated or made more effective.

Scaling Return. The new system will have a much better scaling of return for the purchase of higher tier RAs. There will still be a very pronounced scale, where purchasing level one of an RA will provide a better return on investment than purchasing level two but the scaling is designed to encourage players to spec higher in specific RAs, allowing for more diversity in RA templates.

Because this is an entirely new Realm Ability system, all characters will start Frontiers with all their RA points refunded and unspent.

Aldrick

Fledgling Freddie
Finally, with all alb/hib whining to make all chars equal we finally get whats really needed to make rvr equal if all classes are equal. This is a big nerf on alb melee and i think we will hear alot of whining and /quit from some ppl :)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
can i get dragonfang then ? :p or maybe thats in the style review :eek:

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
can i get dragonfang then ? :p or maybe thats in the style review :eek:
yay cos thats going to be fun.

Toa = all realms have same equipment

RA review = all realms have same ra's

If style review = all realms have same styles ....

mmorpg CS tbh :m00:

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Kahland said:
GP is alot better than sos

and sometimes i wish we had pr instead of bof 8]

But..... getting GP mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :clap:
rofl mmmmmk

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:
yay cos thats going to be fun.

Toa = all realms have same equipment

RA review = all realms have same ra's

If style review = all realms have same styles ....

mmorpg CS tbh :m00:

quad hiting mercs and bms for the win tbh : )

snoz

Loyal Freddie
I worry about eclipse/np with BOF :) How can u beat that ?

Well we will need baod so then how can they beat that ? .. is going to change rvr ALOT. I hope they just nerf the shit outta BOF and baod and other over powered defenceive RA's.

Zede

Part of the furniture
hibs will benefit most

Hib pboae box groups with BoF ?

guess alot of alb caster classes will become fotm...which aint a bad thing :)

Ayana

Fledgling Freddie
What's nice is Mids gain access to all the group-wide RA's that we've never had any of. BoF, GP, SoS, BAoD - gifv!

You can have PR!

Pio

One of Freddy's beloved
Just to point out baod has been nerfed to fuck so.

Arlone

Fledgling Freddie
mMMmM, AP and viper for infils/SBs .... if it makes it through the redesign-thingie :p (and mebby vanish for ns/sbs then?)

sounds like fun .. but if they put the "new" RAs on 10-20 min timers I really hope they tone them down a bit. Using vanish, AP and viper every fight would make fights last ~5 seconds ;)

Happlo

Fledgling Freddie
"Each RA will fall into one of two categories: RAs with five levels and RAs with three levels. We'll publish the list of abilities and costs in the near future."

Think this could mean we'll see something like this?

GP1 Purge Mezz - 4pts
GP2 Purge Mezz and Stun - 6pts
GP3 Purge All Effects Etc- 10pts

Maybe Det will only go upto lvl 3 now? And the Mastery abilities like Pain, Blocking etc upto lvl 5?

If it works along these lines you wont see any healers (for example) running about with GP3, SoS3, PR3 and BoF3 would you ;) I recon it will be a case of having to chose between some of the more usefull RAs and maybe not getting them to their best/highest lvl :)

Aldrick

Fledgling Freddie
well, to fight np/ec that has bof shouldnt be so hard with baod on savages and sos.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Sounds good TBH

Hopefully give alot of the 'rvr unviable' class's something to use etc

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
It sounds a nice idea but if all melee classes get det 5 even the hybrids i think it could make cc kind of useless in rvr but that can lead to more fun fights just the people who play the cc classes feel like quitting :/ oh well see how it goes.

FRIARS WITH DETERMINATION 5 BUBBLE xD (as if, heh determination will probably get nerfed :p )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom