RA: Armor of Faith

Ensceptificamuralya

One of Freddy's beloved
Thinking of getting this:

60 second 50 AF boost per level of this ability.

First level costs 3 points. 15 minute timer. Thinking this might be nice if the assist train hits me, but since I've never heard anyone using this, I dunno if it's uber gimped or just never been tested?

Comments please.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
It's nice for when you've got everything else you need ^^
But cos the prereq is the same as AP it's not too bad. Alternativly you could get some level 1 MP hammers and put AF charges on em.

Ensceptificamuralya

One of Freddy's beloved
Warden can't get AP though :) And I can't buy hammers :p But that AF charges idea does sound nice.

Herjulf

Banned
If u could get AP get that instead, i honetly cant see any good coming from AoF and i have AoF2 and AP3 atm.
It seems to stack with baseline Af buff, dunno about focus af buff though.

I didnt see damage drop or anything like that when activating AoF2 only.

AP3 does a helluvalot though.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
AoF stacks with AF charges afaik. At least it does with the AF proc on my hammer.
Even though it says 50 AF it adds 63 in my case, since the abs on chain is 27%. 50*1.27=63.5
If you can afford aug con 3 and AoF2, it may be worth it. Spending lots of points just for getting AoF1 probably isn't.
I think higher AF will make your opponent miss more as well as you take a little less damage.

Here's a test done on AP and AoF a while back.

http://pub36.ezboard.com/fteamskaldfrm1.showMessage?topicID=416.topic

I have AP2 and AoF1 now and AoF2 will be the next thing i get. Should have time to get it right before the RA changes go live in EU :p

Event

Fledgling Freddie
there was a test done on vgn naturalists forum also - cba finding link but it wasnt long ago - test was on a bard and they recommended it as a good RA for bard.

*Ialkarn

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:
If u could get AP get that instead, i honetly cant see any good coming from AoF and i have AoF2 and AP3 atm.
It seems to stack with baseline Af buff, dunno about focus af buff though.

I didnt see damage drop or anything like that when activating AoF2 only.

AP3 does a helluvalot though.

Well I have meet you sometimes and beleave me I noticed the "weight" of the double Ra use aloot,and more AF mean more chances to miss on you.
Also..since you need augment con 3 aniway for both Ra I would get lv 2 instead to go for ap 3 (10 points are way too much for 10% more absorbation,aloot better for a 100 af boost on a different timer too).
For wardens..well dunno..
Clerics for example have AP access,but you can't get it whitout gimp yourself,cause you have only 100 points and way too many things to get: (Bof,Purge,Moc,Ranging Power,hight moart),I guess it's the same for all supports classes.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
I dunno. Hitting the warden seems quite noobish to me. I mean; when are they hitting wardens? When everyone else is dead. Whats the point to prolong the inevitable then ?

Only thing it is good for is for solo'ing.

You do not state your spec; but if you're a regrowth warden:

TWF
Purge
MCL2
Raging Power
Serenity 2
Wild Healing 3
Mastery of Healing 2

seem to be the key for a regrowth warden. For a fighter/solo warden I dunno; but then passives like Mastery of Parrying/Blocking is nice, so is IP then.

Armour of Faith is very low on my list for a warden; but thats just me.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
i've tryed it and didn't see that much benefits of 9rplevels spent too aof2 when i was the solo healer.... hmm hard to actually say how much dmg reduction it was because I never did any tests but for 9 levels mcl 2 is more worth it and wildhealing... more hp ras or whatever is basicly better.
Just my 2/100c.

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
Z^^ said:
i've tryed it and didn't see that much benefits of 9rplevels spent too aof2 when i was the solo healer.... hmm hard to actually say how much dmg reduction it was because I never did any tests but for 9 levels mcl 2 is more worth it and wildhealing... more hp ras or whatever is basicly better.
Just my 2/100c.

your sigs boned btw :p

Ensceptificamuralya

One of Freddy's beloved
My spec is 45 nurt, 33 reg, 34 blades, 8 parry.

My RA's are MoParry 3, MoBlock 2, MoPain 2, Serenity 2, MCL 1, Lifter 1, Tireless 1, Long wind 1, Wild Healing 1, and some aug stats stuff. My healing capacity is fine; most enemies go for me as soon as I start healing (unless I find a good position that isn't too auspicuous), which means it would be good to have some more defense to keep my buffs/resists/pbt running. I had AoM3 but as that was gimped, I have quite a few points to spend now. Might get MCL 2 or serenity 3, but that still leaves me with enough points for Armor of Faith. 15 minutes timer in practise means it will always be up when I need it.

I found TWF utterly useless, so not spending 14 points on that. Can't get AP or I would. I had IP, but that is an even worse waste of points than TWF. 23 points for a full combat heal not usable if mezzed/stunned, no thnx.

bjorne

Fledgling Freddie
i have ap2 and aof 1 and usually use both at the same time, and when af procc goes off ppl rarely hit me for more than 100´, did it once vs a fully buffed ´polearmsman, and he kept hitting for 100-140 =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom