RA advice for healer types

A

accollon

Just a question to all healer classes out there, do you think it is better to go for battery heal to do some healing in a fight, or save up a bit more and get mastery of concentration to allow you to heal manually when being pummelled.

C

Cadire

I've thought hard about the Battery of Life too, and I've come to the conclusion it's not really worth it, mainly because the pool size is rather small. It might be better to save up another 4 points and go for Perfect Recovery... which will get a class up and ready to fight.

MoC is very nice for dmg dealing caster types, but in my opinion not so useful for healers. If you're getting pummeled, hopefully someone is banging away at your attacker, and you will likely have a couple of instaheals ready for yourself if it all goes pear shaped.

Of course things change radpidly in RvR, and the chance to cast a mezz while being attacked could be very useful in the right circumstance, particularly as Healers don't have Quickcast. I guess it depends on your primary role in the group.

A

Archeon

Agreed, PR should definatly be the 1st RA you aim to get. I used my free RA respec to get it (I had both so i was gonna respec out of it if it sucked) but bloody hell, i wonder why i didn't get it earlier :)

It is a major aggro drawer if you use it in a fight (used it on a dragon raid, Gjap few from across the other side of the lair and bit my head off :D) but then again its great for getting up support char's quickly (E.g. PBT runie, Shammy... maybe the pri-tank)

After that i'd got for MCL, Wild healing (i have that+ mastery of healing, but i'd say for most healers thats less of an issue). Also mastery of blocking, aug con/toughness, Long Wind 2 means you can perma sprint on all but the lowest two end regains

If you have a few spare points you might want to consider Aug dex (for cast time) and aug str (for soloing)... Aside from that i wouldn't say there are many RA's that a healer should have to make his life easier...

Again, MoC is supposed to be quite nice but its not essencial. I considered getting RP (Raging power) but i find it easier to use totems, mana pots and MCL... speaking of which i think they increased MCL2's effectivness, but i havn't tried it or know anyone willing to so i couldn't tell you if its worth it.

Ones to say away from are things like wild arcana, the only spell that effects is the attack speed debuff, and critting that only increases its duration.

Hope that helps anyway (Get PR!)

C

Carlos Bananos

PR Purge and MCL.

Any order, all will help lots

C

Cadire

MCL2 is a lot better since the last patch... well worth having.

O

old.Hendrick

And for a cleric, Bunker of Faith is kind of a must, isn't it?

A

Archeon

I don't think any RA should be considered a must... i will say that some RA's are definatly more powerful than others, maybe to the point where people deem it necessery to call them 'must haves' but in reality these RA's more than any tend to unbalance the game

<cough> IP </cough>

Sorry about that, got a little hay-fever :)

S

Sarnat

You've obviously never fought against Lourker and his fg or hibs when he has MoC up...

MoC is pretty damn uber when you have good group and purge (+group purge if druid). MoC is only useful if you have spreadheal tho. So if you're a pac healer, might be less useful.

T

taur

my (rvr) healer will get:
purge, moc, pr, aom2, raging power, and after that some small things like mastery of the art/toughness/mastery of healing/etc

A

accollon

Hmm, I play as a cleric, but it is good to know ideas from other realms. Obviously where other realms have group purge and perfect revovery, clerics have bunker of faith. I have 15 points, and have bought bunker, and not sure what to do next, from the advice you have given and i've asked around...

1. get purge so i can get back to healing... but clerics are usually hit pretty fast after a mez, and then i can insta mez my attackers back to buy some time.

2. MoC and keep spamming group heal... but presumably I would need to think about raging power as well to do this properly.

3. get lots of smaller ones like MCL, wild healing and mastery of healing etc... but I have had some of these, MCL is the same as buying power potions, which I ALWAYS stock up on, and you can use power potions in battle. Wild healing is nice granted, especially with a group heal :) but mastery of healing isn't really worth going to low levels on.

I'd have thought it better to buy expensive ones early, when the realm levels come flooding in, and thought that bunker of faith and battery heal would let me focus on stunning enemies at the start of a battle, knowing my comrades will be auto-healed. I guess I will flip between MoC and battery heal and let a nice de-mez type worry about de-mezzing me.

T

taur

accollon: be sure to get purge early after moc if not before, because often you will get a melee stun in (slam, annihilator, etc) directly after you started moc (esp vs enemies who know what theyre doing), and without purge it would be wasted
and spamming spreadheal should be several times better than group 8)

W

Whoodoo_RD

No one mentioned Augmented Acuity, or serenity, i take it no one plumps for them?

T

taur

aug acu 3 is prerequisite for moc
and serenity .. not worth it imo, in times of mana potions
(if you have time to sit down and regenerate mana in a fight something goes wrong ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom