Quotes

Clown

Part of the furniture
Here's an idea. An appreciation type thing for each quote, a-la-bash.org

Also, does the numbers skip if you delete an old one? Doesn't look as good when you view all quotes and it goes from 1 to 4 (or whatever).

Bye.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Clown said:
Here's an idea. An appreciation type thing for each quote, a-la-bash.org

I don't know what the hell you mean, please tell. :)

Also, does the numbers skip if you delete an old one? Doesn't look as good when you view all quotes and it goes from 1 to 4 (or whatever).

They get moderated, so i don't think they get deleted, merely censored.

Clown

Part of the furniture
You know like the user reputation? We used to be able to give good and bad. It's sort of like that but with the quotes. The you could maybe rank them in order of how good people think they are. I dunno how well it would work here, some people are... hmm. But at least I trust you lot more than I do the random 12 year old CS kid who rates the bash.org ones.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Clown said:
But at least I trust you lot more than I do the random 12 year old CS kid who rates the bash.org ones.

That's the thing, it would probably be abused by people. Even then, it's down to deebs and his trust of the pre-pubescent crowd of these boards.

I suppose it's down to whether it's worth having really, i mean, what's the point?
Not that i mind, i like funky little additions like that. :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I like it Clown, I like it a lot. Even though we wouldn't get the sort of comedic genius you often see on bash.org (irc tends to be a lot funnier and more spontaneous than a forum), it'd still be a way of remembering and paying homage to the funniest things people said around these parts. :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Can't see the point tbh, the whole quotes thing is utterly pointless for the boards unless the only quotes put in are classics taken from the boards...

And lets be fair, these boards have hardly been classic recently. There's barely even been any posts at all today. :/

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's shite when I come back from work. Back in the day BW used to be a hive of activity 24/7, but now... well... it's quiet at night... :(

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This quote hack is still in its infancy but we do record the person who entered the quote and there are plans to incorporate quote rating and a top 5 quotes based on that.

It is not solely for what people say on these forums or indeed irc but for any quote.

That's the thing, it would probably be abused by people. Even then, it's down to deebs and his trust of the pre-pubescent crowd of these boards.

Um, that is so far from the truth, only Ted, myself and the moderators (I think) can authorise a quote, and yes, we have had some real shit ones which I have removed immediatly (you never get to see them).

It's shite when I come back from work. Back in the day BW used to be a hive of activity 24/7, but now... well... it's quiet at night...

So what can we do to make it better? Now that vBulletin is gold I am happier to add hacks which help you, the user, have a better experience.

Clown

Part of the furniture
No, no, no. I don't think the lack of usage is down to the forum software. It's just... I dunno. All we seem to get now is penguin games and "here's one for throddy" things ;)

I think we've just run out of thigs to say ;)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Deebs said:
(you never get to see them).

Can we have a thread somewhere where all the shit entries are put in? Could prove to have some amusing results...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Don't forget the plethora of threads saying happy birthday to people... It's just become so... *shrug*

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Swift^ said:
Can we have a thread somewhere where all the shit entries are put in? Could prove to have some amusing results...
hehe, seconded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom