quotes from PC Zone mags

R

RSO:Gray

ok dude
i have a nice quote to add form july 2002 issue of PC zone that applys to most new players of JK2 dont know if any one here plays cs but i must say quote this part it can be found on the last page BTW

OMG CAMPING FAG!!!
it is a game that relies on teamwork, yet there is never any teamwork on piblic servers. The gameplay isunvaried, repetitive and frustrating, and far too reliant on 'camping' key areas of the map. And i can't think of anouther FPS where chance plays such a huge part in your success - scores are oftern a reflection of nothing more than how lucky you got. While it explains the title's popularity (killing an opponent in Counter-Strike is not the most demanding or tasks0, gamers who enjoy flexing their
co-ordination and skill quickly move on. Those who stick around would be - and indeed are - cannon fodder in any outher game. Now, i do realise that it's the world's favourite online shooter by the hugest of huge matgins, (due to OGC nodoubt) and that is dwarfs the headcount if its nine closest rivals put together. But to somwone who hates beer, loathes football and hasn't seen a full episode of Eastenders in his life, sort of talk holds no sway. over the years i've got used to people doing all the things that I think are crazy, and while i can understand why they do it - married friends have made me see the attraction of hiding upstairs with a copy of championship manager or forging an alternative existence in The Sims - success is bi substitute for quality. Pop Idol has made that abundantly clear. PCZ

Users who are viewing this thread