Quote from 1.70 alb RvR TL

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Something I found on catacombs:

With the introduction of New Frontiers, RvR has shifted the focus of battles from smaller, open-field skirmishes to prolonged siege warfare and large stand-offs. The changes to the Frontiers provide a number of benefits, especially to more casual players. However, there are also several major concerns that have arisen in terms of population problems, viability of certain class segments and realm balance. Albion’s problem with small group encounters remains the same due to a greater dilution of core abilities across several classes. However, Albion is performing much better overall than the other realms since RvR has shifted to more large-scale battles. Large scale battles have allowed Albion to compensate for inherent weaknesses in group design through the use of stronger ranged abilities (AkA the Scout) and generally outnumbering the opposition on most servers.

ome on Albzerg FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Tiki

Fledgling Freddie
so to summarise, albs win because in general theres more of them?

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
Well albs have been at the bottom of the food-chain all this time, it will make a nice change to go to the top instead ;)

Zorewin

Fledgling Freddie
owwww NF will be so funky for me my scout 50 and rdy for NF and my mincer complete woooi pwning i will!! :p

parfait

Fledgling Freddie
yeah, but until we get instant mezz, or get rid of insta mezz from the game then will still get owned. insta mezz 4 gimps with no skill. i want, i want, i want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
The one thing the US experience with 1.70 really does show, is that now sieges are more readily accessible without 15 minute runs between them, people actually do want to take part in them, instead of the endless, pointless, aimless 8v8 roaming in emain (and contrary to popular belief, 1.70 supports that playstyle just fine, only difference is the non-gank groups no longer take part to provide free rps).

Thank heavens for that.

As for realm balance - it was always going to change with 1.70. I suspect a lot of the mid-> alb shift is caused by savage based melee groups having less advantage in keep sieges.

These things will shift when people level up new fotms. They always do.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
duact said:
Ok Ppl Time To Reroll Albiono!

If everyone took that action, the other 2 realms wouldn't beable to compete, would have thought rerolling alb to the smaller populated realm would have been more of a challenge then zerging around. ;o

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Arindra said:
The one thing the US experience with 1.70 really does show, is that now sieges are more readily accessible without 15 minute runs between them, people actually do want to take part in them, instead of the endless, pointless, aimless 8v8 roaming in emain (and contrary to popular belief, 1.70 supports that playstyle just fine, only difference is the non-gank groups no longer take part to provide free rps).

Thank heavens for that.

As for realm balance - it was always going to change with 1.70. I suspect a lot of the mid-> alb shift is caused by savage based melee groups having less advantage in keep sieges.

These things will shift when people level up new fotms. They always do.

:clap:

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
with the state of excalibur population wise its blatantly obvious hibs are going to suffer out of all 3 realms, our strengths have always been in roaming rvr we lack anysort of teamspirit unless its deemed absolutely neccessary ie relic raid or lost too many keeps.

in a stand off albs will ALWAYS have more numbers even though hib may be the more powerful realm it doesnt matter if you get zerged i think you will see alot of whine a few weeks into NF because hibs will not be able to take or defend keeps maybe same for mid i dont know, however albs will have the advantage for a long long time.

dont get me wrong im not saying NF will be bad its long overdue and i am looking forward to it the layout etc looks awesome and as for the sieges its a return to beta times :) but in the end the population imbalances will just kill the other 2 realms.

ts been said alot on american servers its now merely a numbers game he who zergs wins etc i believe one realm has even gone on strike because it cant compete

solution ? i dont think there is one not after toa anyway before toa would have just been a case of rerolling another 50 and gettin him kitted up with some decent items and alot of the good stuff in SI was quest stuff so you talking a month max to be rvr viable however too many ppl have been pveing now for so long to get just 1 char toaed up and rdy for rvr wtf could be assed rerolling and doin all that again i know i couldnt

the population imbalances is whats going to ruin NF for alot of ppl i hope ppl dont turn round and say its NF that sucks cos im sure it wont most ppl say its awesome just that cos of realm pop imbalances its spoiled. im sure if we had summat like 30% 35% 35% realm pops NF would be awesome however on excal thats just not gonna be the case and mythic dont seem to interested in doing anything about it atm however its still a fair way off maybe there will be a solution by then i hope so.

any albs that wanna come to hib nows the time to do it ;)

flex

Fledgling Freddie
class balance makes the game not fun for albs atm

realm balance will make it no fun for hibs in nf

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
if I chose not to participate in siege warfare, numbers will only affect me when clashing together with the people that have chosen to participate. And when thinking about Excal's players attitude atleast 50% of the RvR'ers will choose "normal" rvr (ie. roam in various numbers) after trying out the new stuff for a while,
so the ones who will suffer is the people who wanna participate but are in a underpopulated realm and therefor fail blatantly in every try to do resistance(?), and the people who face 0 resistance after a while..

am prolly not right.. I got no idea about how it will turn out, we will see.

Aussie

Banned
so instead of forcing albs to move to hib they just join us for even more imbalance ^^

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
What he basically sais, is that 99% of the albs are clueless in rvr, and need to zerg to win. And they zerg even harder in NF.
What's new?
:m00:

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
I cant wait to skullfuck all the cunting savages from the safety of a keep :)
NOW THE FOOT IS ON THE OTHER HAND YOU FUCKING MID *****!

tierk

Part of the furniture
HerculesPluto said:

so much hate in this one :)

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
tierk said:
so much hate in this one :)

:D played this game since beta, i just want to be OVERPOWERED for a change :) 100% alb too, altho i do prefer the GLORY of the mids gods and all that, almost went mid from the start to enjoy the norse mythology, imagine my horror when i relaise the paladin had to train in a fucking church, I spent many hour standing on the alter shouting abuse at monotheism to make up for it tho

Dukat

Resident Freddy
having been a scout for a year and a half, i can say that the changes are welcomed, although the overall "diluting of key albion abilitys" e.g. the gimping of alb is annoying.

i've noticed alot of ppl rerolling and coming back to alb from mid and imo its a tad sad if u change realms every time a nerf swings.

Kaireem

Fledgling Freddie
Nalistah said:
What he basically sais, is that 99% of the albs are clueless in rvr, and need to zerg to win. And they zerg even harder in NF.
What's new?

what he said :clap:

Jaond

Fledgling Freddie
Im sure it will be fun, can't wait to farm all the ex fotm infils now rolling fotm scouts ;)

Aussie

Banned
Jaond said:
Im sure it will be fun, can't wait to farm all the ex fotm infils now rolling fotm scouts ;)
atleast they'll play better then those fotm savages rerolling casters trying to figure out what interrupt is :m00:

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
HerculesPluto said:

amagad...

Negura

Fledgling Freddie
Want to be overpowered as Alb?
Doable now too. Roll a stealther. :)

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Nalistah said:
What's new?

Or, it could simply be the class setup/abilities of albion that does it. /shock So many ways to interpret it! :eek6:

But ofcourse, among the blissfully ignorant the interpretation is always the one that makes themselves look the best. :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom