Quitting DAoC

Khefru

One of Freddy's beloved
This has been slowly brewing up in my mind ever since the release of ToA and now the time has come for me to say goodbye. I will be stopping playing DAoC as of tonight.

Over the last few days, I’ve actually sat in front of my computer for hours before finally being able to face logging on. When I’ve finally logged on I have no idea what to do. I need to get and level artefacts, but can’t really be bothered to do it as it takes ages to get a group going and then the arti is not there or is permanently camped. It’s not like I have no determination to get things done as I’ve lvl’d 4 lvl 50’s, 3 of them solo, and 3 lgm crafters. So I decide to run to Drum Ligen and find a random RvR group, which is what I like best in the game and I can either stand there all night, or get a group, run to emain and die in seconds to ToA capped mage groups. This is not what I call fun at all. I’d say that for every hour of gaming, I actually only enjoy 5 minutes. I cannot see the point in paying my subs for that. I understand that mmorpg’s have to keep evolving but I just don’t like the way DAoC is doing it.

I levelled a buffbot to 50 with my hero so that I could offer groups red buffs and also farm easier and no sooner do I do it, TOA comes out and makes it impossible to run both accounts on 1 computer without stupid lag (and my comp may not be the most uber spec in the world, but it’s no slouch either). So no buffbot for RvR.

So what am I faced with now? I can stand at dl in my now gimped, capped si gear. I’ve only just completed ml 8 and still need 40% ml xp. That should be easily doable in an evening of RvR, but random groups just don’t cut it these days in RvR. Add to that that I’ve even been booted from random groups to be replaced with a bg hero, that is not the type of realm I want to play along side.

Many of the people I loved playing alongside have now left the game too and I often find I’m usually soloing or looking for random groups. I actually feel sorry for people who didn’t play beta and the first 6 months of the game, as these were the golden times for me. It has been a downward spiral ever since.

My health over the last 4 years has suffered immensely since I logged in to mmorpg’s (UO and DAoC). I used to be a very active person, riding my motorbike, going to the gym, mountain biking and walking the Snowdonia Mountains. Now I just sit on my arse playing this game.

There is another major reason for me quitting though and it’s the one that I hope will stop me coming back to this addictive game. I’m due to become a father in less than 3 weeks. I cannot wait and I’m really looking forward to helping my baby do some rl lvling ;).

I will not be selling my account as I would hate to think of Khefru becoming a realm bike. I never sold my UO account either.

I have met so many great people in CBH and the whole of hib in my time here and would consider many to be true friends. I will miss those people. I’m not going to mention names, as there are far too many to mention.

All the best to u all

Khef

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Bye then don't know you but, boring when ppl leaves the game.

tierk

Part of the furniture
congratulations on the soon to arrive addition to the familly and good luck with rl things dude.

:cheers:

Vulcan

Fledgling Freddie
Awww Khef me long time mate :(

I do know where you coming from tho fella, sort at that stage myself where I think what else is there, sorta mainly log on now for the peeps ive run with since beta.

NF will see the end of me im guessing too.

GL in whatever you do m8, HF with the kiddie they not small long :)

/salute to another old timer :cheers:

fetwelvezz

Loyal Freddie
My health over the last 4 years has suffered immensely since I logged in to mmorpg’s (UO and DAoC). I used to be a very active person, riding my motorbike...

It's funny that comes first, it seems the point is becoming a father to me.
I know I can never handle a real chick, nevertheless a son/daughter if I play a MMORPG, you have to pick one to focus on.

So you're doing the right thing, I mean I'd give the whole time in the world for my children, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I knew I prioritized DAoC over them hehe :b

Eiv

Fledgling Freddie
GL with ure addition to the family!! :D

Wish you all the best :)

Cigies

Fledgling Freddie
You will be missed Roo, but you are doing the right thing, and a child is a million time more important than anything else especially a game.

Tua

Fledgling Freddie
congratulations khef :)

im sure its gonna be a much more wholesome joy youll experience, all the best to you and your coming little elfie.

- Tuathra

Jayce

Fledgling Freddie
Take care Khefru, DAoC was great in those first 6 months, so much to explore and learn, now ... well. Goodluck and Congrats for the future.

Uppercut

Fledgling Freddie
Well... good luck Roo :)

You will be back... oh yes you will be back.

Aucard

Fledgling Freddie
Omg, thougt you joked with me when we ran to emain :( take care and good luck irl mate.

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
Sad to see you leave, but I understand you 100%, been frustrated at ToA too for a while now... :mad:

I guess your patience toward ToA remained buried in that pile of sand in Stygia for too long ;)

Good luck with MiniKhef when he pops! :cheers:

HaaiP

Fledgling Freddie
Sad to see you go khef, you will be mist for sure, always enjoyed running with you. Great player and good person, always willing to lend people a hand. Take care m8 :(

Event

Fledgling Freddie
Khefru - good luck with the future - rl really is the most important thing and when life goes out of balance its time to make a change.

Take care m8 :D

fetwelvezz

Loyal Freddie
Real life is a state of mind, it's what everyone makes of it.
We all have a different perception of real life, gaming is just as much real life to me as throwing the garbage or sticking my dick somewhere cosy.

Tokz

Fledgling Freddie
Khefru said:
I actually feel sorry for people who didn’t play beta and the first 6 months of the game, as these were the golden times for me. It has been a downward spiral ever since.

aye, what he said. beta and early days rawked.

anyways, didn't know you but take care

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
gratz on the kiddie :)

and cya, live the better life (better then daoc anyhow)

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
/salutes

Congratulations and good luck!

On the game/ToA topic nothing to add: if you dont like like the game as it is don't play it.... this is supposed to be a fun thing.

But on the "child" topic I want to tell you my experience.

When my doughter was born i quitted DAoC for more than 6-7 months.
..... erm.... and I quitted motorbike, gym, going out with friends and lot of other things.
And I didn't miss a single thing, nothing did compare to my little blue eyed treasure.

But after a while, life (for me anyway) tends to become regular again, a bit slower but regular.

I restarted DAoC, movies, gym, friends (only the motorbike is there standing in the dust)

On DAoC in the specific I must say I probably play it more now than before.
Yes becouse movies, gym, friends require more organization with a baby.
But even if slowing your social life a bit babies usually sleep a lot (and tired mommy too ;) ).
So you are often stuck home, with all the family sleeping.....

And that late time is really good for DAoC.

Just my little personal experience.
But I hope to see you back soon, and more relaxed :)

legar

Loyal Freddie
Good luck with the little one Khefru.
Thats way more important then a video game :cheers:

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Good luck mate, hopefully I will meet you again in the future, in a new daoc or maybe even another game.

Grats on the baby, get some rest while you can ;)

Vantros of the Delerium

Fledgling Freddie
gl khef m8, i hope you find alot of happiness with your new amily member, for both you and the baby :)

May u and your baby get all your wish for.... have fun and be safe my friend :)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Grats mate, may all come as you wish! I don't have a baby, so can't share any experiences on that area, but my motorcycle is shiny and I love riding it (which would also explain why I don't level arties, still rr4, etc :))

Point is, at least the way I see DAoC, it doesn't have to become life, just to fit in somewhere. I'm not a 24/7, nor will I ever become one (might during winter-time) as I do have to work, and life is so damn nice! That doesn't meen I'll quit playing though!

Still, the decision is for everyone to make. Balancing things is always tricky, so good luck on that! Needless to say that your kid should come first!

/salute

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom