Quickstart chars missing

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
ellos i got booted offline today and my comp froze......

the thing is when i got back. ALL my quickstart chars/acc's were gone.... so i have to log in the slow way .. by going the the char select screen etc . when i close doac after i have loaded my char inot game my char is still NOT in the quickstart...

anybody know wtf i gotta do to fix it? cos its annoying going to char select screen everytime i log in.

Kalid

Fledgling Freddie
Is the USER.dat in your directory? Are the entries there correct?

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
yup user.dat is there and yes as far as i can see the other stuff irs normal.

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:
yup user.dat is there and yes as far as i can see the other stuff irs normal.
copy your user.dat from SI to TOA (make a back up first) that should sort it if you have both loaded onto your pc

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
plomien said:
copy your user.dat from SI to TOA (make a back up first) that should sort it if you have both loaded onto your pc
aint got a user.dat in si or classic folder cos i aint used thoe clients since i got toa..

since i got toa i reformatted comp n reloaded doac etc and have only used toa client since,

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
p.s if i deleted the user.dat file and also deleted all the player files (ie: the .ini's) when i reload game they will come back right?

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
in theory yes it should work. if not just re-install client which should also sort it.
just means you will have to reset your quickbars best bet is move them to another folder rather than delete

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
yes it worked. i actualy tried it straight after posting.. it screwed up all my qb's etc etc and settings . but at least i only have to do it once . and not goto char select screen everytime i log on.

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:
yes it worked. i actualy tried it straight after posting.. it screwed up all my qb's etc etc and settings . but at least i only have to do it once . and not goto char select screen everytime i log on.

you make it sound as if it sooo hard to click 1 button>play. :D

ah well server too

Flippant Desires

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:

to help out in future :)

all the <character name>.ini files save your qb settings

the user.dat file saves your default key settings and screen resolution....amongst a few other bits.

in other words, if u must reinstall the game, 1st try deleting user.dat and ini files...if that fails, then re-install. But I can't think of any reason why ini files will screw-up the game...so save them so you don't have to fuss about with qb again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom