Quickcasting speed

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
I still haven't realised how Quickcasting a spell makes it's casting time slower then a normal spell. Surely if it was QUICKcasted, then it would be even quicker?

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
this is true.. quickcast just allows you to cast a spell with out being interupted but the spell is cast at the orignal spells.. speed

moik

Fledgling Freddie
UndyingAngel said:
this is true.. quickcast just allows you to cast a spell with out being interupted but the spell is cast at the orignal spells.. speed
Wrong, all spells casted with quick-cast have a 2second casttime. You can try this if u have a petclass. Pet will be cast "fast" and fast-cast spells like debuff, nukes etc become "slow" :)

Alaron

Fledgling Freddie
QC turns every non-insta spell into an uninterruptable *) fixed 2.0 seconds spell, which is why your sub 2.0s spells will cast slower when using QC.

*) Mez, stun, amnesia and people using run-through will screw it up.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
moik said:
Wrong, all spells casted with quick-cast have a 2second casttime. You can try this if u have a petclass. Pet will be cast "fast" and fast-cast spells like debuff, nukes etc become "slow" :)
Also makes the spell cost 100% more mana - so a 25% mana costing (pet) spell costs 50% mana.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Ame said:
Also makes the spell cost 100% more mana - so a 25% mana costing (pet) spell costs 50% mana.

i dont think that is true

on my chanter, i PB till i run out of mana to cast anymore. then by using Quickcast i can cast a last time.

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
if you have 1 powerpoint left, you can quickcast, it just lets your power go below 0 points..

so takes longer to regen, but yes, its double powcost

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
ye it costs more and if u use it on 1% pow then u go into "virtual negative power mode" ... so takes a good bit longer to regen pow than normal 0% power

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
when the game was released 2 sec casting time was fast ;) that is why it's called quickcast :p

Bag

Fledgling Freddie
A better suited name would be Focus Cast tbh.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Bag said:
A better suited name would be Focus Cast tbh.

No, a better suited name would be "Make-tank-beating-on-you-right-now-abuse-run-through" - or in short: MTBOYRNART (which is infact, not very short).

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Quickcast was superfast back then

and let say warlocks. they call theirs fixed cast. cost power and takes ages to cast. much better name :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom