Quickcast

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
You know that spell that prevents your next spell from being interupted.

Could someone give me a list of things that will interupt it.

I'll start you off.

1: Every fuckin spell in the game.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Except it doesn't prevent your next spell from being interrupted, it just reduces the casting time.
So the list of things that will interrupt a quickcast spell is exactly the same as the list of things that will interrupt a normal spell. They just have less time to do it in...

TiwiS

Fledgling Freddie
have you ever played a caster tbh?

it makes the casting time longer ....

and yes it's non interruptable apart from stun and mezz

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
chretien said:
Except it doesn't prevent your next spell from being interrupted, it just reduces the casting time.
So the list of things that will interrupt a quickcast spell is exactly the same as the list of things that will interrupt a normal spell. They just have less time to do it in...
Im not 100% sure, but rember QC as 2.5 sec cast (no matter what spell) most spells are 2.5 or below in cast time, with BASE DEX... so 99% of the time its "slow cast" since as a lvl 50, with just a little dex, u cast a nuke in like 1.5 sec (unbuffed) and 1.1 sec (buffed)... but qc is 2.5 sec no matter ur dex/toa/whatsoever ml abilitys

z urf

Fledgling Freddie
stun and mezz if u dont have immunity timer and then lul :)
all other things shouldnt interrupt (first the caster after u have quickcasted)

and then u quickcast the dex modification aint counted in cast speed :)

Evul

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:

tbh it dont. it improves your next cast not to get interuppted but its not 100% afaik

Chilly

Balls of steel
All of the times iv had QCs interrupted its been my own fault cos iv tried to fire an ista debuff between pressing qc and spamming my lifetap/mez whatever and thus qc the debuff and normal cast the spell i wanted to cast, on no other occasion have I had it interrupted by anything other than stun/mez/zephyr

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
QC is uninterruptable(cept stun and mez :p)...and 2sec cast every time...MoC on the other hand is interruptable...if hit by enough ppl or a high lvl mob...At least this is my experience ;)

/Dracus

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
well i only use QC to stun and i have never been interupted in RvR or PvE.

i have allso heard that if a normal cast is 1.5 sec and u havent taken damage 1-2 sec before the cast u can cast it normaly if u take damage during the cast.

i have tested this on my void specced eld and cant say its exactly true, but usually i managed to cast.

i have casted bolts when i have taken damage and i didnt intrupt me but it interupted 2 spells later. thats little bugged.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
as many said, stun/mess stops ur qc, and so does amnesia, amnesia works vs moc to (that is if it does NOT get ressisted). Tho vs normal nuking u hope they ressist amnesia... so they get the 3...2...1.. interupt code :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
qc is a 2s hard casting time on the spell

nothing will "interrupt" it per se but you can be stopped from casting via:

stun, mezz, amnesia (not an interrupt - it's wacky) and death along with things like target moving out of range/los/whatever.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
If you don't actually cast a spell your QC timer isn't reset though, which means you can have another go right away. Also QC uses double power and you can cast even if you don't have enough power for the spell.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Thanks for replies, got a better idea why it keeps failing , guess trying to DOT 30 players who have targetted me is a bit hopeful.

QC is a good way to get a quick pet as well, save my ass many times.

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
And don't bother trying to:

1. Use quickcast.
2. Hit the spell you want to quickcast.
3. Use a insta-cast spell while your char is quickcasting.
4. Die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom