Quickbar

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Is it somehow possible to flip through the quickbar pages, using your mousewheel? And if no - why, for God's sake??

Using shift+1, 2 etc. drives me up the walls.
Anyone using those fancy programmable devises (Nostromo, Strategic Commander)? If yes.. are those any good to play DAoC?

Edit for typo: Shift, I meant... not... well

O

old.Biffsmash

Aye, would be a very good idea.
I for one wish they had given us 10 spaces, 1-0 would help a lot also :)

G

Generic Poster

Personally, it's not something I'd use.

Fumbling key-strokes is one thing, but imagine spinning the mouse wheel in the heat off the moment to pull a style, only to be given the message:
You do not have enough wood to craft a doll.

:/

O

old.Biffsmash

Well I used to use the mouse roller to change weps in FPS games without too many problems, a lot of mice, including mine, are quite good and have little notches? which kind of click to each position (dont know how to word this hope u understand) so i can tell when i click once, twice etc.

But the 10 quickbar slots instead of 8 (what are 9 and 0 used for ?) would be exellent :)

C

Cerverloc

Indeed. I saw this mentioned on US boards also. Give us a 10-quicktab. I got combatstyles followups and Im getting sick and tired of switching tabs just because my enemy decides to turn his back. (phalanx-defenders aegis combo)

M

Myshra

problem with only 8 slots is cause doac is built from another game, which had 8 slots, and sayna said it would be a sorta big task to get it changed to 10.

unfortunatly you cant bind MS optical side buttons to Quickbars, otherwise that would be great.

P

Perplexed

10 button quickbars would be too difficult for Mythic, but I can't figure out why they don't let us have more than one qb on screen... now THAT would be useful.

O

old.Biffsmash

Still though you have the problem of selecting the Spell/Style on the second quickbar, I dont press the spell/style on the quickbar with my mouse, that would defeat the purpose of calling it a quickbar, i need to click on the player/mob, and the press the corresponding number on the quickbar.

Would Still have to do shift-2 to activate second quickbar then press the number of the spell, so having 2 on screen isn't much faster for me :/

I don;t know anything about programming games, but for them to add 2 extra quickbar slots surely cant be that hard for them? Maybe its just not enough of an issue for them to spend time on? :/

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Originally posted by old.Biffsmash
Would Still have to do shit-2 to activate second quickbar
How coincidental, a shit is often referred to as a 'number 2'.

O

old.Biffsmash

ROFL

Whoops :D

Ok I stopped laughing long enough to alter the post :clap: :clap:

C

Cerverloc

10 button quickbars would be too difficult for Mythic
What a bullshit. They said the same about the 4 character slot thing. Now they have 8 slots. If you put your mind to it nothing is difficult.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Cerverloc
What a bullshit. They said the same about the 4 character slot thing. Now they have 8 slots. If you put your mind to it nothing is difficult.

Easy here, Myshra was merely quoting a Mythic employee/stating facts.

Mistwolf noted in one of his rants, that the guy who did the engine is not working for Mythic anymore ie. Mythic is basically trying to find out how their own game-code works.
Ain't that funny?

D

Draylor

Originally posted by sickofit...

Easy here, Myshra was merely quoting a Mythic employee/stating facts.

Mistwolf noted in one of his rants, that the guy who did the engine is not working for Mythic anymore ie. Mythic is basically trying to find out how their own game-code works.
Ain't that funny?

Na, its the same in virtually every software company.

Documenting the code is all very well, but nothing replaces being able to have the person that originally wrote a piece of code work on it.

S

Sneo

yes yes yes.. believe me as a healer 8 slots is NOT enough =(

like 10 slots would be nice if you could have 2 lines, so that would make 20 slots on one quick bar !!

S

Spudgie

Simple answer - Map sprint to a key (give you an extra slot on most of your QB's) and allow you to bind macros to keys + key sequences.

Oh w8 DAoC can't handle keybinds because the game engine wasn't designed effectively.

E

Elvewen

Originally posted by sickofit...
Is it somehow possible to flip through the quickbar pages, using your mousewheel? And if no - why, for God's sake??

Using shift+1, 2 etc. drives me up the walls.
Anyone using those fancy programmable devises (Nostromo, Strategic Commander)? If yes.. are those any good to play DAoC?

Edit for typo: Shift, I meant... not... well

I (and my Wife) use the Strategic Commander to play DAoC and it rocks.

It has 2 rows of programable buttons, and three shift keys, allowing for 4 different setups, as well as a +/- button that I use for vertical camera angle. If you really need more space it can have up to 3 different setups loaded at once.

So I use the first shift button + the keys to access the quickbars. The only slight problem is 6 keys and 8 bars, but I find the 6 bars more than enough.

And because the programable buttons are in effect macro buttons the "/Sit", "/Face" etc.. commands can be entered in as well freeing up more space on the bar. Infact the macro has delay functions as well so if you wanted to you could make a single button cast all your buffs/shields for you.

It's not all roses, the rotation of the controler is a bit pants and takes time to get used to (I tried it for quake but it's just too fiddly) but once you get the hang of that it really pays off.

S

svartalf

Re: Re: Quickbar

Originally posted by Elvewen
Infact the macro has delay functions as well so if you wanted to you could make a single button cast all your buffs/shields for you.

It's not all roses, the rotation of the controler is a bit pants and takes time to get used to (I tried it for quake but it's just too fiddly) but once you get the hang of that it really pays off.

Ooooooooohh I do like the sound of this... :clap:

F

Flimgoblin

heh, if they catch you macroing it'll be a warning/suspension/banning...

Macroing is bad mkay?

Have a nostromo game pad... but I use too many keys on my keyboard for the 10 buttons to be any good...

E

Elvewen

Originally posted by Fingoniel
heh, if they catch you macroing it'll be a warning/suspension/banning...

Macroing is bad mkay?

Why !!!!!!

All this macro does it simulate key presses.. you set up the macros to send the relevant letters at intervals.

WTF is there to warn/suspend/ban about that ???

No dodgy software... just funkey hardware :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom