Quick Scout SC Question

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Is there any point taking LB over an effective 50?

My Scout has 45 LB ATM. He is RR3. I was thinking about having:

45 LB + 2 from RR + 3 from SC = 50 effective.

That OK? Or should I have the full +11 to LB from SC?

TIA.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Wow! The amount of replies has left me feeling...underwhelmed :(

Joharran

Fledgling Freddie
I was wondering the same TBH...

But have seen a few templates with 50 LB still having + 11.... hope they know what they are doing :drink:

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
I have used 45 longbow +11 +rr for ages.
But I cannot give you 100% definite answer as to if it makes a difference (above 51 skill effective).
Just feels right :p
Regards, Glottis

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Yes it does make a difference.

However, the benefits from the extra melee are much better imo (unless you literally just sit in keeps).

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
the difference is your dmg cap.

a scout with 45+11 bow will have a lower dmg cap than a scout with 45+15 bow.

also increases your wpn skill which effects your ability to go through enemy defenses

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
not convinvced about the weaponskill - if it works like any other 2h weapon line (which I imagine it would) spec over 50 affects just the 2h bonus (and styles but it's bow so no styles)- this will increase your damage cap, as well as your average damage (by 0.5% per point)

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Would be nice to raise my weaponskill from 1350 to something respectable. Doubt I will hit many enemies still, evade capped at 50% my ass...
Impressive that enemies still evade my longbow, with weaponskill of 2100.
Regards, Glottis

Puppet

Part of the furniture
+11 Longbow does help, its not working as Wyrd in the same way as 1H weapons, as Bow is counted as a 2H weapon, so your caps (unstyled hits) go up with higher modified bow spec.

Galtazar

Loyal Freddie
LB skills

You have to train for your play style. If you plan to stand in tower you need as mutch LB skills as you can get. I myselfe have 50+17. When I am buffed (dex 407) my crits almost always reatch max dmg.

I have chosen a playstyle as a sniper. I stelth in position behind a tree, or stand in towers making my kills. Im alredy rr7.3.

With my playstyle I have found it more efficient to train stelth in stead of shield. I have 48+17 in stelth and mos 5. When I use camuflage they cant see me unles they stand on me, but that never hapends, caus I can see other stelthers from far away, and with high stelth I can move fast while stelthed.

I know that this is not the comon way for scouts to train, but it fits my playstyle.

I can take a buffed luri or warlock with 1 crit +1 or 2 normal shots. Unbuffed are usualy done with 1 shott

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
zeusmdk said:
thought stealth had and effective cap of 50 ?

It does. caps at 50 with +skill

so yes 48+17 is a waste of 15 better shield/weapon points, but hey...It fits his playstyle. :p

Galtazar

Loyal Freddie
Stelh is not caped at 50

I asked in RIGHTNOW about if stelth for albion Scouts were caped at 50. They said NO. But they said that the effect of eatch skill point of stelth over 50 is not as great as on skill points under 50. In other words, the radius around you when you can be seen will still be redused for eatch skill points, but les for those points over 50.

But when it comes to seeing other stelthers around you, you will have an advantage the more skill points you have, by seeing stelthers that cant see you, and thereby have the posability to avoid them or reveal them with an arrow, if you have friends around.:p

Galtazar

Loyal Freddie
Killing warlocks

Some warlocks are easy to kill. First you hit them with a longshott. Then they come running for you. Usualy befor they know that they are within your range, you have sendt 2 extra shots, and they are dead. Or if you are playing with other scouts warlocks are easy match. But look out for britle guards

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
galtazar,

so you have 48 st, 50 bow nice.

NM the fact that there isnt an Ability called Longshot but thats ok.

Galtazar

Loyal Freddie
I know

Its not called longshot anymore, Its an RvR skill maybe its called TS now, Im not shure (I will check out the name if you wana know). It can be user every 30 min. or so. Btw my scouts is named Baltazar

Galtazar

Loyal Freddie
Its called Trueshot now

Trueshot Active
lvl 1 use every 10 min
lvl 2 use every 3 min
lvl 3 use very 30 sec

Effect:
Grants a 50% range bonus to the next arrow fired. This arrow will penetrate and pop blade turn.

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Galtazar said:
Trueshot Active
lvl 1 use every 10 min
lvl 2 use every 3 min
lvl 3 use very 30 sec
lvl 4 use all the time? (im not shure of this one am only have lvl 1 atm

Effect:
Grants a 50% range bonus to the next arrow fired. This arrow will penetrate and pop blade turn.

There is no such thing as lvl 4.

Passive RAs have 5 levels usually and start with cost 1
Active RAs have 3 levels and start with cost 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom