Quick question

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Consider an n-dimensional hypercube, and connect each pair of vertices to obtain a complete graph on 2n vertices. Then colour each of the edges of this graph using only the colours red and black.

What is the smallest value of n for which every possible such colouring must necessarily contain a single-coloured complete sub-graph with 4 vertices which lie in a plane?

Vladamir

FH is my second home
gtotem_hippopotamus.jpg

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm after reading your question again, I think I might have found the solution to it. Forget what I said earlier.

mdma_3d.jpg

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
you need to visualise it maaaaaaaaaan

lsd.jpg

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Wait, what?

What subject is this? lol

Its related to Graham's number. The largest finite number that has ever been used in mathematics.

It is too large to be written in scientific notation because even the digits in the exponent would exceed the number of atoms in the observable universe so it needs its own special notation to write down.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Its related to Graham's number. The largest finite number that has ever been used in mathematics.

It is too large to be written in scientific notation because even the digits in the exponent would exceed the number of atoms in the observable universe so it needs its own special notation to write down.

ha thats what you think!

i got it tattood on my arse

I Like digits in the exponent would exceed the number of atoms and i cannot lie...to me they are so fine when a gal walks in with a Graham's number on her arse and comes top of her class I get sprung!

i also got einstein on my bicep and he does a little dance when i flex my muscle!

(wont mention the topless madame curie and what she does when i flex though Oo)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom