Quick inner tube (tyre - bicycle) query

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Needed a new one for my back wheel as something has mashed mine up and even after finding one of the punctures, it's still deflating.

I looked at the old inner tube and wrote down: 26 x 1.75-1.90. I went to a nearby bike shop and basically gave him that and said "Can I have two inner tubes that will fit that."

He gave me 26 x 2.125-2.35 and insisted it'll fit all 26's. Will it?

I'm really puzzled as I saw on their website they did 1.75 - 2.35 so curious why he didn't give me one of those instead.

Cheers.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The size of the wheel is the only real important part, the width doesn't matter that much just as usual be careful not to snag it as you blow it up.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yes it will fit fine, the walls of the tube will probably be slightly thicker leading to a minuscule weight increase.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks guys.

Just fitted it this morning and had no problems. Although if I ever buy another bike, I will for sure be buying one with quick release.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Depending on your wheel and dropouts you might be able to change the axles to QR skewers. Local bike shop will tell you if its possible. Shouldn't cost more than a tenner per wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom