Quick entry to game via char name

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
hmm after last patch, months ago, names havent been stored up to quick entry (when you start game and use quick entry to log fast to char)

if remember correct there was some post from goa where they say this gona work after this patch.
still not working.

there was somekind fix for this? happy if get help :)
tryed search from net but didnt find anything usefull.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
hmm after last patch, months ago, names havent been stored up to quick entry (when you start game and use quick entry to log fast to char)

if remember correct there was some post from goa where they say this gona work after this patch.
still not working.

there was somekind fix for this? happy if get help :)
tryed search from net but didnt find anything usefull.

Ok, Open user.dat with notepad.. and change the above lines :>

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
oh well, didnt get any help from that :) but when in end understand what mythic ment whit this, kinda, got it fixed.
I have been trying to use the quick entry feature to login to the game, but it keeps dumping me back to Windows. What can I do? .: Dark Age of Camelot Knowledgebase

just copied user.dat char names to empty spots in
(copy from herald)
"""C:\Documents and Settings\<windows login name>\Application Data\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\<LotM or TOA or etc.>\""""
from old user.dat whats in place where installed game in start.

and now have them up.
guess new user.dat under documents/setting folder dont copy/take use, even now, chars names to quickentry.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
:D no worry, personally whit my uber english :worthy: have sometimes hard understand what have write even self.......

using winxp

in this patch update.dat, new one, can be found from C:\Documents and Settings\WINLOGINNAME\Application Data\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot
or nearby samekind name (mean that dark age of camelot part), depends addons i guess?

opened user.dat whit notepad.
notice user.dat here miss char names between these 2 lines, there was something but dont remember what.
[quick]
setentry=0
[keyboard]

where originally installed game is old user.dat.
copy from there lines, whats down, to documents/setting folders user.dat replacing lines whats missing names.
[quick]
entry9=charname, Prydwen, 193.252.123.33, 10622, 2, 6
entry8=charname, Prydwen, 193.252.123.33, 10622, 2, 6
entry7=charname, Prydwen, 193.252.123.33, 10622, 2, 6
entry6=charname, Prydwen, 193.252.123.33, 10622, 2, 6
entry5=charname, Prydwen, 193.252.123.33, 10622, 2, 6
entry4=charname, Prydwen, 193.252.123.33, 10622, 2, 6
entry3=charname, Prydwen, 193.252.123.33, 10622, 2, 6
entry2=charname, Excalibur, 193.252.123.33, 10622, 2, 1
entry1=charname, Prydwen, 193.252.123.33, 10622, 2, 6
entry0=charname, Prydwen, 193.252.123.33, 10622, 2, 6
setentry=0
[keyboard]

dont wonder that one excal server, have chars in mid both servers and logged there allso sometime ago.

hopefully understand, hard to explain whit mine english :/
hmm you can open notepad new update.dat and second notepad old one, easy to compare what lines missing.
dunno if you just can copy old update.dat to new place?
if you try? make 1st backup, backup allways good to have if modify something.
just copy to new folder.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Is the source-code available somewhere?

Im a bit hesitant to enter my login information in a 3'rd party program :)

I been using it for some weeks now, and its fucking great. Takes half the time to login, and you bypass patcher so you can make some funny weapons :p
my Blademaster runs around with 2h Pala sword in 1h slot, looks evil :)

As for safety i dunno, i scaned it with what i have and never any problems there

Jess

Loyal Freddie
I been using it for some weeks now, and its fucking great. Takes half the time to login, and you bypass patcher so you can make some funny weapons :p
my Blademaster runs around with 2h Pala sword in 1h slot, looks evil :)

As for safety i dunno, i scaned it with what i have and never any problems there

It's just that the *.zip file apparently contain Grawen's login information ... Which I think is a wee bit suspicious :)

EDIT: Aha so it would enable you to replace e.g. a luri skin with a big fat troll skin for better targetting - since the patcher is disabled? ... Now that would be handy :)

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
It's just that the *.zip file apparently contain Grawen's login information ... Which I think is a wee bit suspicious :)

EDIT: Aha so it would enable you to replace e.g. a luri skin with a big fat troll skin for better targetting - since the patcher is disabled? ... Now that would be handy :)

not login information, just the names for the accounts i have saved innit.
tried to wipe them all and save, but then the program crashes upon starting, so left the names there but edited out the login+passwords, just charnames thats still there, tho you can type anything instead of charnames there, was just my way :p

and for editing it does´nt quite work like that, if you replace luriskin with a troll you will have a troll skin minimized to fit a luri, looks fkd up just :p
weapon models, styles, animation, cast animation etc works under toa client still tho
chk here: http://bajs.mine.nu/madi/daoc/ani.txt

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I'm still unable to make quickentry work :(

WTB a clue

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Gear - I had the same problem then i played around as it seems there's actually 3 diff user.dat files but the one that gets accessed when you load into the game IS NOT the same one you update to get the quicklogins to work strangely.

The one in THIS folder was the one I updated:

C:\Documents and Settings\<WINDOWS USER NAME>\Application Data\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\

With notepad, open user.dat and just add one of your chars in there that you know IS NOT in your existing char list from your quick login list then save file and go to load up daoc and look at the quicklogin char list and you should see the char name you jsut entered.

Even tho there's another user.dat in the "LotM" sub folder of above (where all your new charname.ini files are now btw) it seems the game doesnt read the quicklogin chars from it.

Weird stuff but it works fine for me tho so give it a try :)

*EDIT* I'm on windows xp pro so don't know if its the same on vista.

Jess

Loyal Freddie
So ... Anybody knows a pointer to the source code?

I'll have to check it before I use the program ... Feel free to call me paranoid :)

Mephz

Banned
http://bajs.mine.nu/madi/daoc/mods/ar_login_working.zip
this is a nifty tool ive been using for long, you need .net 1.0 i think installed for it to work, awesome to save your chars, servers and passwords, it bypasses update etc, r0x
Is that the app Gimmly made that allows you to quick char login from desktop?

Edit - no it isn't, his was not using .net framework and you couldn’t change models/skins, neat tool :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom