Quick Armsman/Wizzy Question...

D

Danamyr

Have just rolled an Armsman, and cannot decide between 2H Slash, or Thrust Pole. The last time I played an Arms he was originally 2H Slash which was nice. Great damage, not to bad on end. We all got a single line respec, so I switched him to Slash Pole. The damage was insane, but so was the end use. I think I got 3 swings before my bar was empty.

I recall posting something here at the time about it, and a member mentioned that Mythic were looking at the end usage of Pole styles. Has that happened? Or is it still pretty much the same?

If I do decide to try 2H Slash again, would I still be welcome in an RvR group? Obviously I will have no defence whatsoever (Spec 50/50/28), so will be a pure damage dealer.

My other question regards Wizards. I've rolled two, an Ice and a Fire. Looking back through previous posts, most people seem to agree that although Briton is a good racial choice for RvR because of the visual similarity to a Friar, once you start casting your survival chances are virtually nil.

Now, if we accept that as a given, is there a case for rolling an Avalonian instead? I wonder if their (apparent) higher damage/faster casting speed is worthwhile having or not? A short character model doesn't look anywhere near as gangly and obvious as the normal tall Wizards you see running about, and if you're going to get spanked anyway, surely it'd be better to be able to inflict more damage in the time you have?

I'm really interested in reading current caster's opinions on this. I know some would view it entirely as a matter of personal preference, whereas others would agree/disagree with the suggestions above - just go easy on me if I've posted anything stoopid! :)

TIA for taking the time to reply.

F

-frostor-

my 50 briton wiz has 10 more con on 50 then an avalonian but he has 20 more int , ofco briton looks > ava looks ;D
ur choose whats best

about the armsman question , 2h styles get very nice next patch(?)
but i wont respec from thrust pole cause it r0x to do great dmg ;D
about end usage = who cares , theres always a paladin with end chant in ur group(although with ehh random groups eeehhh xD)

D

Danamyr

Originally posted by -frostor-
my 50 briton wiz has 10 more con on 50 then an avalonian but he has 20 more int , ofco briton looks > ava looks ;D
ur choose whats best

about the armsman question , 2h styles get very nice next patch(?)
but i wont respec from thrust pole cause it r0x to do great dmg ;D
about end usage = who cares , theres always a paladin with end chant in ur group(although with ehh random groups eeehhh xD)

Thanks for the reply :)

I've changed them both to the Avalonian short character models, and am happy with the way they look TBH :)

I already have a Briton Cleric, and a Briton Minstrel, so that's quite enough of those I think :)

I'll wait for a few more replies on the Armsman issue before doing anything. I suppose I could try Thrust Pole until Lvl 20, and if I am not happy, use the Lvl 20 respec to switch to 2H Thrust, then the Lvl 40 respec to switch to 2H Slash, but it's a bit of a carry on just to find out :)

Still I suppose it's a matter of personal preference, and at least that way I could try both styles to see which I liked.

F

-frostor-

you shoudnt make ur spec out of pve conclusions ;D
and styles of pole/2h get changed

D

Danamyr

Originally posted by -frostor-
you shoudnt make ur spec out of pve conclusions ;D
and styles of pole/2h get changed

I agree - you're right, I shouldn't.

The problem is that I have no other experiance to base a decision on (my last Arms was only Lvl 30). My only real issue with Thrust Pole is end useage, which was horrendous in solo PvE.

Can you explain in what way 2H/Pole styles get changed? Or point me to a resource where I can read up?

Thanks again ;)

Y

yurka_polearm

leave your arms, just roll a half orge when they are out, coz the dmg compared to most highlander/briton willl be ALOT bigger imo

K

Kagato.

If your pole styles we're taking up that much endurance then you must of been using the Poleaxe style, which is quite simply a waste of time.

Crippling Blow / Disabler chain uses only about the same amount of endurance as most other styles.

However read the 1.65 patch notes before making any decisions, 2 handed gets better and polearms get nerfed.

S

sigh

Originally posted by yurka_polearm
leave your arms, just roll a half orge when they are out, coz the dmg compared to most highlander/briton willl be ALOT bigger imo

imho.

and concerning the wizzard race thing, if your a avalonain caster standing next to a briton caster, your first on the hitlist, i like the fact that i can hide behide avalolians and pbae ;>

Y

yurka_polearm

from fg point of view, polearm changes r good. But look horrible for solo and pve

2hd loses the anytime stun, but has give you a free snare off double (from behind) followed by 7 sec stun, and i _think_ Sun and Moon dmg has been upped abit

I

Ialkarn

2h slash is prolly the most gimped choice you can do.
If you wanna be 2h atleast go crush
you have a more friendly damage table.

Slash is really really crap in albion,unless you play an hibrid class (minstrel,paladin,scout).

H

hercules-df

Id kill to beable to change race to teeny briton on my tall ava ice wiz. Still dead in 2 hits but at least i could run around looking like a friar, dmg is shit either way with all the resists these days, may as well stick fight.

D

Danamyr

Originally posted by Ialkarn
2h slash is prolly the most gimped choice you can do.
If you wanna be 2h atleast go crush
you have a more friendly damage table.

Slash is really really crap in albion,unless you play an hibrid class (minstrel,paladin,scout).

I don't understand what you mean by this? I thought Crush styles were crap?

What do you mean 'a more friendly damage table?' For PvE or RvR?

I never thought my 2H Slash Arms was gimped at all. In fact quite the opposite, the damage he did allowed him to take aggro off Paladins 3-4 levels higher. That's not gimped IMHO :)

Has anyone here played a 2H Crush Arms? What are your thoughts?

F

-frostor-

Originally posted by Danamyr
I don't understand what you mean by this? I thought Crush styles were crap?

What do you mean 'a more friendly damage table?' For PvE or RvR?

I never thought my 2H Slash Arms was gimped at all. In fact quite the opposite, the damage he did allowed him to take aggro off Paladins 3-4 levels higher. That's not gimped IMHO :)

Has anyone here played a 2H Crush Arms? What are your thoughts?

2h crush styles are the same as 2h slash styles and 2h thrust styles

more friendly dmg table is u got more neutral dmg on mids/hibs

in rvr u cant/dont wanna take agro

edit : damage table :http://www.camelot-seer.com/handler.cfm?app=resources/gameplay&method=WeaponEffectiveness

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom