Questions from a thick Bard

O

old.job

OK this is pretty basic stuff ,but I can't get a clear answer.
At spec lvl 13 I'm supposed to get a new speed spell, but it says clear path2, not clear trail as all the guides quote it, is it the same thing? I've also just got my first AE mezz spell, but how does it work? Does it mezz only similair mobs if you target one?
I was told that if I heal a grey I'll pinch all his xp, is this true?
I get ten different answers to these questions from advisors and players, anyone help , thanks.

T

Tasans

I've never played a bard to high lvls but here we go.
Its the same thing, guides often mess up the naming.
If you cast an aoe mezz on a target it will mez every other target in the defined area with center the target.
And yes since you get xp from healing if you heal a grey con he wont get any xp since the game will decide what xp it will give to you both by what con is the mob to the highest player. Since the mob will propably be gray to you neither you nor he will get any xp (never tried it with a gray fighting a green con but i guess you would get xp then)

F

Flimgoblin

THe healing only applies if they're in combat...

if they're sitting there recovering after a very close fight then you'll not take any.

I'm not convinced about the stealing _all_ the xp thing from a grey when in combat... someone check it out :)

V

Vell

With your area effect mezz, it's worth bearing in mind a few things.

The target on the spell will be mezzed for the longest. The further away from the centre of the spell you go, the less time the mobs will be mezzed for.

If the target of your spell is un-mezzable (for instance, if the mob has already taken more than 10% damage), the area effect spell will NOT area effect. It just does nothing.

Finally, in RvR, you may find that your two mezzes (single target and area effect) are on different timers. But then again they may not be. They are for some classes and not for others, so you'll just have to experiment.

T

Tasans

I tried it with a 12 lvl healer healing some 1-2 lvl friends and they didnt get anything. I'm interested to try it with a gray con fighting a green mob though.

O

old.job

Cheers

Thanks for the help guys, I was confused by the mez ,cos I was expecting the animation of mezzing to appear around all the mobs not just the one I'd targeted. A lvl 40 Bard told me the bit about pinching all xp, haven't had any complaints yet , prob cos they just glad I saved their ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom