Questions for GoA GM's plz

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
ok , could only the gamesmasters give me some info here plz as these questions have been bugging me and a few others for ages <though no doubt will get spammed with 50000 others giving thier ""OPPINIONS AND TESTS"> , since u guys have probably got access to the answers would be apreciated.

so here we go..

1.) What stats actually calculate EVADE and PARRY ?

2.) Has TIRELESS the Realm Ability been fixed yet ?

3.) BEHEMOTH in DF , not the old behemoth thats now beliathan if that was the case, but the Plated Fiend legion ports u too, Can he actually be killed or is he only there as a killing machine?.

4.) CONVENTINA the high lvl cleric mob that spawns at the templar spot in Hadrians, does she drop anything unique so i dont waste my time leading a raid against her ?.

5.) Can SKILLS actually exceed lvl 50 in power, i heard that anything over 50 in steath <ie 45+10> does not actually give u an effective lvl 55 stealth, so is this the same for Weapons, ie no extra dmg with say 50+12. ?

if u can provide me with the answers u guys get a nice piece of cake from me and a hug ^_^

hope to hear soon..

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
1) Dex n quick

2) a fair while ago it got fixed, think 1.67.

3) Behemoth has always been behemioth and belthain has always been belthain, Now belthain the worm can be killed and drops good stuff, Behmoth is immune to melee and magic, needs you to be fighting legion to even get a chance of seeing him, and is level 99 so chances of killing him are slim and none. i Know its never been done.

4) dunno tbh, but i know for sure no GM will tell you if she does or not... kill her n see.

5) depends what you mean here, what you said about stealth is true, but for weapons it gives higher weapon skill, also with spells it lower variance in damage.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Behemoth has always been behemioth and belthain has always been belthain, Now belthain the worm can be killed and drops good stuff, Behmoth is immune to melee and magic, needs you to be fighting legion to even get a chance of seeing him, and is level 99 so chances of killing him are slim and none. i Know its never been done.

right so what we do is each realm gets DF in turn, and parks 100+ people in there, each realm having its own BG ofc, then we zergungle it and see what happens, ever been tried? :D:D <hopes albs get agro>

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
wouldn't work imagine the mayhem that would be caused when people start trying to PB it to death !

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Sparda said:
and is level 99
Not true.

That story comes from various maps (incl stuff like the guide books) marking mobs/NPCs on which levels arent known as being lvl 99. Doesnt make it true ;)

Main point is valid though: its unkillable and intended to be that way.

Humo said:
hmm pretty sure stealth over 50 does soemthing.
It does do something - but only against enemies above level 50. For sneaking around in PvE its useful - but afaik thats all.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Kami said:
wouldn't work imagine the mayhem that would be caused when people start trying to PB it to death !

well id think ur stupid if u started pbaoeing, heck even casting dmg spells on him, wesist on huge lvl mobs sucks :(, also id hope people would preffer to atleast TRY killing Behemoth instead of dinging like 200k rps in 10 seconds..... right ill roll a SMer then we can get going on this raid? but seriously, how cool would it b if there was like 200-300 people from each realm, zerg Behemoth, and ALL die

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
You're stupid if you even think it's possible to get that many people from different realms together and have combat in the area without mayhem ensuing. 200-300 people would crash the server, be unplayable and more than likely include a few retards on each side PBing :)

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
It won't work, no. There are always asses who'll screw it up. But, it /is/ an interesting idea though. I'd love to see it killed.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I still remember the 'event' a long time ago (whatever happened to those /assist trains being built around the melee resist debuffing weapons by the way? Yeah, i'm looking at all the people who over-reacted here. Where the fuck are the /assist trains of D00000m you were bitching and yelling about for the better part of 3 fucking weeks!?)

There were plenty of nice Albs (infact I spent most of my time outside not bothing with the event itself so much as being able to run around and take various screenies with me /hugging other people :D), I didn't see many hibs though (I guess sombody had to be doing all the work) but there were the scattering of 'skilled' individuals who once again went out of their way to prove that the reason they force their 8v8 philosophy on everyone isn't because they want a challenge, but because they want easy RP so they can have a bigger dick on their head than the next 'skilled' guy.

And yeah. I'm in a bad mood i've just (well... about an hour ago now) been woken up by my stupid brothers girlfriend asking me to try and calm him the fuck down because he's once again getting pissed off over somthing stupid (I think it had somthing to do with him getting a bad grade in maths, which of course wasn't his fault! Hell no, he had to teach himself trigonomitry! And of course, it wasn't because he didn't do his homework until about half an hour before it was supposed to be handed in! Fuck no! Because nothing is every that dumb fucks fault!!! He could probably shoot sombody and still find some line of reasoning as to why it was in fact, that small spider which is currently making its way up the side of my wall!! GAH!!!) - you'd think she'd be able to do somthing about it, she's the only giving him head ffs!

Times like this I seriously consider just killing my entire family so I don't have to put up with this shit. Hell, I mean in prison they only gang-rape your ass. Atleast they don't wake you up at some stupid-ass time in the morning and make you deal with some nut-job 15yr old who thinks its cool to drink beer at 7am in the fucking morning!!!!!!!!!

ARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!! Stick a fork in me, i'm done! :(

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
was that the event in bg2?

coz there was plenty of hibbies there killing the endless stream of adds outside. was bloody good fun :)

if anyone was gonna kill behemoth in df.. surely hib woulda done it by now with animists. but it hasnt.. doubt it can tbh. and anyways.. think about it.. df.. drops.. not exactly great are they? hehe.

doing it ofc would be something u could cross off on your to do list in daoc. but surely it woulda been done by now if possible.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
yeah gotta agree with Ilaya, if it could be killed then shrooming it to deaths probably the only way to get its effective level down.

Then again..Ilaya, go charm a pet a min I wanna try something...

living

Fledgling Freddie
Just not possible tbh, no i dont think he is immune i have actually seen screenshots where a sorc had him messed for like 6secounds, tho it was maaany patches ago.

Problem is you have to get ported there nad it will be one by one so u will also die 1 by 1 :> Heck chances are legion is dead to dmg shield before 1/10 have gotten there who then woul be dead to him 1 by 1...

Only way i can see it possible is if 30+ get there the next resser who gets ported pop MOC and ress as many as he can be4 hes toast, which will take like 8secs ;>

It should be possible to kill him tho and i think it is a shame itsso hard just to get to him, he is most likely the hardest mofo in the game ;>

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
And yeah. I'm in a bad mood i've just (well... about an hour ago now) been woken up by my stupid brothers girlfriend asking me to try and calm him the fuck down because he's once again getting pissed off over somthing stupid (I think it had somthing to do with him getting a bad grade in maths, which of course wasn't his fault! Hell no, he had to teach himself trigonomitry! And of course, it wasn't because he didn't do his homework until about half an hour before it was supposed to be handed in! Fuck no! Because nothing is every that dumb fucks fault!!! He could probably shoot sombody and still find some line of reasoning as to why it was in fact, that small spider which is currently making its way up the side of my wall!! GAH!!!) - you'd think she'd be able to do somthing about it, she's the only giving him head ffs!

Times like this I seriously consider just killing my entire family so I don't have to put up with this shit. Hell, I mean in prison they only gang-rape your ass. Atleast they don't wake you up at some stupid-ass time in the morning and make you deal with some nut-job 15yr old who thinks its cool to drink beer at 7am in the fucking morning!!!!!!!!!

ARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!! Stick a fork in me, i'm done! [/QUOTE]

:eek2:

Ill do them all for a Grand :D
and your Daoc account
;) <wink>

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
From the top.
1: Dex + Qui for evade, Dex for parry
2: How do you mean? It's been changed in previous patches and get's completely redesigned in NF.
3: I'm not going to give monster stats. However I will say that other than certain realm guards and some encounter mobs at particular times, not many things are actually unkillable.
4: Try it. You'll never know otherwise.
5: Some skills can exceed 50 in power and have an effect, some can't. Envenom above 50 is pointless for example, however weapon and magic skills have an effect as noted by Sparda. Most skills have some effect over 50, not all will be useful at that level in RvR (stealth for example).

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
Ill do them all for a Grand :D
and your Daoc account
;) <wink>

Luckily I had the morning off so I managed to catch up on my sleep... sort of, so i've gone from wanting my entire family dead to mearly disliking them again... or atleast not disliking them enough that i'd give up my DAoC account... maybe we can negociate on the money?

Sorry for the micro-rant btw, i've been having trouble sleeping recently (probably all this burning rage i've got welled up inside me) and this was the first time in about a week i've been able to get to sleep in my bed, rather than passed out from exaustion infront of the tele at somthing like 4am in the freakin morning. So I was pretty pissed off at the time, jeez. Its almost enough to make me take up drinking again :(

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Magic over 50 increases your damage somewhat as well as reducing variance on high level targets.

Koyochi

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:

Even worse, imagine the mayhem of the lotto we would have to do with the drops from Behemoth :

SomeAlb picks a random number between 0 and 1000 in a language you don't understand
SomeAlb picks a random number between 0 and 1000 in a language you don't understand
SomeHib picks a random number between 0 and 1000 in a language you don't understand
You pick a random number between 0 and 1000 : 997
SomeHib picks a random number between 0 and 1000 in a language you don't understand

And then try to get that explained with emotes :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
pretty sure behemoth gives "Behemoth swiftly dodges your blow." if you attack him anywhere -same as the engage radius code on legion if you hit him from off the platform...

For spells it's just a constant resist...

However it's possible he's attackable in one part of his room ;) never know :)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Behemoth also hits for cap (2500 ish damage) always so is effectively untankable. :p

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
iirc damage shields hurt behemoth.

Anyone up for attack of the aug healers?

Mikal

Fledgling Freddie
1) 50% dexterity and 50% quickness, then of course there's things like the dodger RA, whether your opponent is dual wield, and his weaponskill I believe, that can further modify your evade chance

2) yes

3) behemoth is unkillable, if you try to hit him in melee you'll get a "Behemoth swiftly dodges your blow" message, and if cast spells at him you'll get "behemoth resists the spell" (unlike the normal "xxx resists the EFFECT" message) I dunno if damage shiled works, but you'd need like 50 people with dam shield, and another 50 ressers to get them up again as behemoth hits for 3000+ damage :)

4) try killing her, I heard a good group can kill her (though I've never tried myself) so a raid is hardly needed

5) depends on the skill, all weapon lines, and most magic lines benefit from skill over 50, some only benefit up to 50 skill, such as envenom and stealth (actually stealth does benefit above 50, but the bonus is pratically non-existant) and some skill doesn't even benefit from any bonus, be it from items or realmranks, such as pacification and chants

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
1: Dex + Qui for evade, Dex for parry

i thought various tests were done, (somewhere on VN boards cba to look) to prove that evade was solely affected by quickness..

my zerk recently had about 40 quickness short of cap, when i capped it his evade rate easily doubled..

Requiel said:
3: I'm not going to give monster stats. However I will say that other than certain realm guards and some encounter mobs at particular times, not many things are actually unkillable.

behemoth raid anyone? :p

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah and my merc's evade went up to 100% when I capped dex! :p

Flimgoblin said:
pretty sure behemoth gives "Behemoth swiftly dodges your blow." if you attack him anywhere -same as the engage radius code on legion if you hit him from off the platform...

For spells it's just a constant resist...

However it's possible he's attackable in one part of his room ;) never know :)

its the same with that **** 'Spirit of Lord Emthoro' in Inishali Island, he's such a pain in the ass :puke:

Gog

One of Freddy's beloved
Actually managed to drag Behemoth into the Legion room on a failed raid once. No idea how I did it, but I don't think anyone tried attacking him when he was in Legion room, so he may me killable in there - possibly on Legions platform?

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Archeon said:
I still remember the 'event' a long time ago (whatever happened to those /assist trains being built around the melee resist debuffing weapons by the way? Yeah, i'm looking at all the people who over-reacted here. Where the fuck are the /assist trains of D00000m you were bitching and yelling about for the better part of 3 fucking weeks!?)

There were plenty of nice Albs (infact I spent most of my time outside not bothing with the event itself so much as being able to run around and take various screenies with me /hugging other people :D), I didn't see many hibs though (I guess sombody had to be doing all the work) but there were the scattering of 'skilled' individuals who once again went out of their way to prove that the reason they force their 8v8 philosophy on everyone isn't because they want a challenge, but because they want easy RP so they can have a bigger dick on their head than the next 'skilled' guy.

ARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!! Stick a fork in me, i'm done! :(

the raid with that keep with the red flag and the cool eye on it? i remember that raid, i remember standing at the bridge hugging all the hibbies, and at 1 point all the mids had gone back to the keep and i felt surrounded, so i spammed /present on the hero who moosed :D omg i loved that event :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom