Questions about spellcraft and staffs o_O

C

Cowled

Okay..

What is the diffent between qua 99 and qua 100, when spellcraft comes?

Heavy Shodquarter looks like a friar-staff, does it turn into a friar-only staff when i put magic on it?

Heavy Quarter looks like a caster-staff, does it turn into caster-only staff when i put magic on it?

And why do CLERICS order heavy shodquarter staffs from me? Aren't there any 16.5 dps hammers? :)

Thanks

/Cowled

B

Brennik

Yepp, more imbue points (32 vs 28).

No, can't make "class specific" staves. Every class that can use staves can use them, it's up to you what properties you imbue in them though.

S

Sortbane

The difference between qua 99% and 100% (endgame 51level items) is imbue points.. the 99% have 28 imbue points and 100% got 32 points.. (quite a lot actually :) )

Just of the looks items will NOT turn into "class-only" items.

Because it looks like a friar staff and the clerics are sick of looking like clerics so they want to look like friars?

hmm.. also saw a good tool for when spellcrafting and alchemy comes live on EU.. http://theharms.org/daoc/crafting.html <-- good program both for crafters and customers that wants SC items..

And if there's something else you wonder about when it comes to SC just take a look here: http://pub96.ezboard.com/fdarkageofcamelottradeskillsfrm32

my 2 cents :) (runs of and tries to get on pvp again)

S

sorry

Got a question about something I've been wondering about, conserning staffs and quality.. Does quality have any effect on focus bonuses?

B

Brennik

Well, "any effect", yes. Creating a tri-focus staff costs two imbue points, but as the lowest staves at 94 qua will have 10 imbue points... Won't matter what level focus you slap on in though, 5 and 50 cost the same.

S

sorry

Think you missunderstood my question :)
Hmm, try to explain what I mean.. Like dps and quality, is there any thing called "effective focus bonus", i.e. a 91% staff with 50 focus lvls will really only provide 45 focus lvls, where a 100% staff will give you the actual 50 focus lvls..
Just something I've heard somewhere, so I wanted to ask if it really was so.. :)

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Cowled
Okay..

What is the diffent between qua 99 and qua 100, when spellcraft comes?

Heavy Shodquarter looks like a friar-staff, does it turn into a friar-only staff when i put magic on it?

Heavy Quarter looks like a caster-staff, does it turn into caster-only staff when i put magic on it?

And why do CLERICS order heavy shodquarter staffs from me? Aren't there any 16.5 dps hammers? :)

Thanks

/Cowled

- more imbue pts

- no, but it's already friar-only

- no, won't be class-specific when you put focus levels on it.

- because frontloaded damage owns RvR and most clerics play support now.

Users who are viewing this thread