Questions about spec...

P

[PS]Venom

I'm thinking about altering my spec - at the moment it's a bit gimpy. (45 2h, 20something slash, 35 parry, 43 chants).

I originally respecced from 50 2h to current spec but I've since discovered I have a respec available.

I've got a couple of questions at the moment - first relates to parry.

How much of a drop in parry rate will I feel if I loose say 10 points? Isn't that only about a 5% drop? I have mastery of parrying and intend to take it higher so I could easily compensate when (Ha, if) I get a few more RP. At the moment my parry works V. well in PvE and works ok in RvR so long as I find a solo target (Riiiiight.) I end up roughly blocking just under 40% of the time from what I remember.

Second is weaponskill. I've recently noticed my WS is alarmingly low compared to what I've seen - altering from 45 to 50 2 handed, how much of an impact will that have? Is it worth it?

My chants are staying at 43 - gives me a decent set of chants without killing my spare points too much.

At the moment I have a few ideas from using the character builder on catacombs - Would like opinions.

1:
13 Parry (Bigger drop than I hoped for), 36 Slash, 50 2 handed, 43 Chants. Large drop in parry, but brings my slash back up and gives me 50 2h.

2:
10 Parry, 44 slash, 44 2h, 43 chants. Should give me a very tight damage varience, but LOW parry, and not 50 2h.

3:
40 Parry, 20 slash, 44 2h, 43 chants. More parry, but seems dam varience would be a bitch on this one.

So far option 1 seems pretty much the best. I'm also guessing I can't go with leaving my slash down too low as I'll seriously pay for it with dam variance.

I'm really just wanting a bit of advice. Any people that reply telling me to spec sword shield will be roundly ignored :) I like being 2 handed - suits how I like playing my character.

The reason I'm thinking about this is I realised I quite miss the large bleed damage on sun+moon and although it would be a BITCH to pull off in RvR it shouldn't be too bad. Also, I've started noticing damage variance more these days. Don't know why, but I've noticed approx 50 points difference on decent hits.

So... opinions?

E

Ekydus

Basically you're telling us you want to go 50 2H. ;)

Personally I'd say go for the 50 2H myself. With Mastery of Parrying at a higher level as you said, you'd easily make up whatever you've lost, then you'll get your 50 style back.
13 Parry is still higher than the average S+S counter part. :p
If you're really into dealing some damage spec high in Augmented Strenth too. Maybe not your cup of tea; but atleast it's an idea.
Hopefully you'll take my point as a valid one. I am a Paladin, so what if i'm S+S. :p
But whatever spec you choose... (Option 2 Next best IMO. Option 3 doesn't sound pretty.)
... Get your spec sorted out and then get your MP+SC Armour / Weapons. You won't believe how much damage you'll do compared to your epic.

But don't worry too much about it, in the end you can just go farm the dragon and get another go at the spec. Practice makes perfect.

/edit :
There is no style at 36 Slash. Put it to 34 and you can get 17 in Parry /18 With Auto-train. However, you'd have 14 points left to spend rather then 5, as with your previous spec.
35 Slash and 15 Parry leaves you with 12 to spend. So it's up to you.

P

[PS]Venom

Well I already have a point in aug str I think - will have to check. Sounds pretty good, thanks for your input Ekydus :) Appreciate it. I'll let this topic float a while then maybe respec midweek :)

C

Ckiller ofDust

why 43 chants... stop at 42 instead for best end regen=43 more points to spend on parry or sumth

P

[PS]Venom

43 chants gives next personal AF buff. It's an extra 40 or so AF, so it does help, but that's not too bad an idea.

EDIT: Doh, should have read eky's post before replying :p

C

Ckiller ofDust

accordin to tests in the US af above 600 gives demishing returns.

And more and more so the higher it gets :(

dunno if this is true though but the tests kinda speaks for themselves.

O

old.Ramas

afaik, assuming you always use 2h, you get nothing for taking damage type over about 40, and you certainly get nothing for taking it over 50 including +items and realm ranks.

Armsman TL tests have shown damage variance to drop to it's minimum at about 40 spec.

I'd look at option 1, but maybe with a few points less slash.

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by Ckiller ofDust
accordin to tests in the US af above 600 gives demishing returns.

And more and more so the higher it gets :(

dunno if this is true though but the tests kinda speaks for themselves.

Untrue.

AF 683 with 6xmp

cast self af->

af 777

cast red spec af buff with mastery of arcane 3

af 899
af 901 with MoA4

with the red af chant u get 98x, it will not stack with the spec af buff.

Anyway about that 2hander spec.

I would go:

44 Two-Handed
46 Chants
34 Slash
24 Parry

or

44 Two-Handed
46 Chants
39 Slash
15 Parry

-SF

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by old.Ramas
afaik, assuming you always use 2h, you get nothing for taking damage type over about 40, and you certainly get nothing for taking it over 50 including +items and realm ranks.

Armsman TL tests have shown damage variance to drop to it's minimum at about 40 spec.

I'd look at option 1, but maybe with a few points less slash.

Oooh that's interesting. Can anyone confirm this for me? Would make speccing a fookload easier, and allow me more room for juggling.

Thanks for all the input guys :D

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by Arnor2
:ROFLMAO:

Shush. Why do you think I'm respeccing :p I changed my spec to that in a drunken stupor ages ago ;)

C

Ckiller ofDust

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok
Untrue.

AF 683 with 6xmp

cast self af->

af 777

cast red spec af buff with mastery of arcane 3

af 899
af 901 with MoA4

with the red af chant u get 98x, it will not stack with the spec af buff.

Anyway about that 2hander spec.

I would go:

44 Two-Handed
46 Chants
34 Slash
24 Parry

or

44 Two-Handed
46 Chants
39 Slash
15 Parry

-SF

guess u dont understand me then...

gettin over 600+ af gives diminishing returns in less dmg taken....

P

[PS]Venom

So if you're right, CK, there's not point me having 43 chants over 42? As my AF with self AF buff on is about 700.

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by Ckiller ofDust
guess u dont understand me then...

gettin over 600+ af gives diminishing returns in less dmg taken....

Then you might actually want to MENTION it.

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by *Hienrich*
So if you're right, CK, there's not point me having 43 chants over 42? As my AF with self AF buff on is about 700.

Heh, Last damage add, last heal chant ring any bells? How about the last triple resist chants at 44 chants aswell, go 46 if planning to stay as a 2hander. Still, I don't believe that test, till I see the results. Armortype/melee res/ etc. Don't buy that dimishing returns with hígher af.

Even if it was true, the last af chant would be worth it -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom