Questions about Reavers

A

Antedeluvian

What would be the best spec for a briton reaver autotraining Flexible weapons? (advantajes and disadvantajes please).
And, forgetting levi and slam :), what are the more useful styles/chains in RvR action?
Please givf answers, thx all.

L

Lustedelf

if ya autotrain flex n spec it at 48 or so

u can get 50 flex , 42 shield , 41 soul
uber spec :)

best chain ? ...i personally like flex 44 ...can drain 300 + ...back
but it's on the fourth block chain
this chain it's kinda hard to pull of in rvr but definitely a life saver in pve :)

parry chain is nice too
anaconda is on 3rd parry chain n does high stun

python which is an anytime move is quite nice ...i know aoe strength debuff kinda break mezz
But if u find a running away caster do it on him ..it kinda almost makes him encumbered due to low str :]
i did this a few times n found it very useful

O

old.Kian

First reaver I've seen who reckons Python is a nice style... having said which, it's had so much bad press I've never even put it on my quickbars. Read over at Drunken Friar that it debuffed an opponent for a massive 12 Strength, while eating half the reaver's end bar, and stuck to boomslang-> block/parry chains :)

Speccing... 99% of flex reavers will say you MUST have leviathan for the sheer, raw damage potential, so 50 flex is pretty much a given. Slam is the great debating point... some reavers go for it so they have an anytime stun, others prefer 50 soulrending. Without 50 SR you'll see a lot of resists in RvR. My own feeling is that 50 SR is the way to go if you can count on being teamed with a slamming tank, but I'm a natural pessimist and so am aiming for a 50 flex/42 shield/36 SR template (I *shock, horror* have been earning my xp rather than being powerlevelled, so I haven't used autotraining). If you go 50 flex/50 SR, you have a choice of raising shield and parry equally, or loading most points into shield. You get nice style chains off both block and parry - your 9 sec stun will be in the parry chain (albeit at the end), but if you autotrain and dump all your points into shield I think you can get 29 shield (which gives a 7 sec stun off a block).

I'm a big fan of landing a stun, strafing to one side and using indigosnake when soloing in PvE, and used that in one on ones in the battlegrounds, never hurts to land an extra lifetap :) Can see that being a bit trickier in zerg-vs-zerg situations. Boomslang (the detaunt style) is surprisingly useful as an anytime - it has a good defence bonus, so increases your chance of a parry or block... and once a flex reaver gets a parry or block on you, the pain begins!

B

bishibosh

other than leviathain the best chain for reavers is
Block-
viper-
copperhead-
taipan-
cobra,
which is very hard to pull off in rvr unless the guy ur attacking is 2H sword or something and u have high weaponskill - all the styles do average damage except cobra, which averages 300-600, and steals 200-400 hp.
U get cobra at 45

reavers Constit does not go up with levels so itll end up being somewhere around 140 or so, but dexterity is higher than other tanks (i have 180 with aug 2) so blocking is very high even with only 42 shield as long as it is large

A

Antedeluvian

Originally posted by -kro-
just dont autotrain flex.

Why not?, i lvled 2 chars to 50 and 48 atm, so if i'll go for the third better i'll look for a friendly m8 to pl me a bit, so autotrain is an easy choice.

OK, ty all for ur advices and to the Forun Deity, i wonder why u still postfarming, what's the next steep u want to reach?, just curiosity..

B

bishibosh

just his gotta-look-down-on-thread-starter thing, he does it every thread

T

Tilda

50 flex, 42 shield, 41 SR, 6 parry

Stlong spec, but u need to spec crush to 40 and then no weapon spec to 48
i love it.
probably best to auto train slash as well because then if they change out autotrain to being flex and SR you could make a stunning spec :D

Tilda

W

Waok

50 Flex, 42 Shield 16 Parry 36 Soul.

Thats the spec i'm using at the moment.

In PvE,
Cobra is like your lifetap at lvl 15 - 25, it will save you loads.

Indigosnake, you will use this alot, espiecally in groups up till you get slam and leviathian, it's the only thing you will do, it makes clerics and other healers happy as it has its own lifetap, and aslong as your grouped with a paladin, you dont have to worry about end draining styles.

As reaver, you will get aggro lots ;) and u wont use de-taunt.. i dont, and i dont know anyone who does, the way i have my qb is

engage <- start of battle in pve.. not used much in rvr by myself tho
viper <- after ive done a block ill do this, gives good stun, time to pull a indigosnake off
copperhead <- if i ddint do indigosnake, then i would have done this
taipan
cobra <- this one hurts real bad ;) and it doesnt use hardly any end at all
purge <- u all know this ;/
spirit venom <- why u ask? originally i had indigo here, but ofc i dont pve much anymore, so indigo has lost its value to me, in rvr, reavers are there to slam and levi, just like in duels, nothing else.
soul venom <- just a dot to scare the hibs ;p
leviathian <- mmm ;)
slam <- 9 sec stun, then leviathian.. woot ;)

my other q bar has
debuffs
self proc
surge of infliction
aoe, wrack

3rd bar has prot,guard etc

I am fine in rvr with that setup, i feel happy with it to be honest.

only thing that annoys me is python not really helping, need a better anytime ;) and we have alot of chain styles, that dont work much in rvr, and they wont all fit onto qbar, as i said, becuase of this, reavers spec 50 42.. cos of slam and levi, its a shame for most, as we lose soul rendering ;/

ofc 50 flex 50 soul is very nice ;) ive seen 50 f+s reavers tear s+l reavers apart.. its if u got the guts to, imo i would respec out of shield and go 50 f+s anyday.. give stones ;)

this is my first char, im new to game, and im enjoying reaver so far!

L

Lustedelf

Originally posted by old.Kian
First reaver I've seen who reckons Python is a nice style... having said which, it's had so much bad press I've never even put it on my quickbars. Read over at Drunken Friar that it debuffed an opponent for a massive 12 Strength, while eating half the reaver's end bar, and stuck to boomslang-> block/parry chains :)

Speccing... 99% of flex reavers will say you MUST have leviathan for the sheer, raw damage potential, so 50 flex is pretty much a given. Slam is the great debating point... some reavers go for it so they have an anytime stun, others prefer 50 soulrending. Without 50 SR you'll see a lot of resists in RvR. My own feeling is that 50 SR is the way to go if you can count on being teamed with a slamming tank, but I'm a natural pessimist and so am aiming for a 50 flex/42 shield/36 SR template (I *shock, horror* have been earning my xp rather than being powerlevelled, so I haven't used autotraining). If you go 50 flex/50 SR, you have a choice of raising shield and parry equally, or loading most points into shield. You get nice style chains off both block and parry - your 9 sec stun will be in the parry chain (albeit at the end), but if you autotrain and dump all your points into shield I think you can get 29 shield (which gives a 7 sec stun off a block).

I'm a big fan of landing a stun, strafing to one side and using indigosnake when soloing in PvE, and used that in one on ones in the battlegrounds, never hurts to land an extra lifetap :) Can see that being a bit trickier in zerg-vs-zerg situations. Boomslang (the detaunt style) is surprisingly useful as an anytime - it has a good defence bonus, so increases your chance of a parry or block... and once a flex reaver gets a parry or block on you, the pain begins!

Firstly , topic was set to set to ask other styles that are useful in rvr ...excluding Levia n slam

Power of scrolling up :)

About python well.....
have u even put on your quickbar before n try it ? rather than reading about it?
Don't knock till you try it i say
Like i said i made a kobold caster n dwarf healer encumbered b4 wif python

it doesn't take half your end bar mate guess you never used it :S
I only recently started using it in rvr while duoing n found it my battle effectiveness has increased

oh yes boomslang is uber
gives u more defensive bonus a must use move in pve and rvr

I agree though we reavers have really bad anytime moves

N

NightyP

Python sucks I will never use that style again eats up way too much end :mad: and the str debuff is not great
taunt is best anytime move imo
other than that, wait for a block and hit off the block chain :)

L

Lustedelf

no one listens :p i say it encumbers casters not use it everytime :)
n diamondback ain't as good as u get defense penalty = lesser blocking

boomslang for anytime

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom