Question

S

Stazbumpa

:(

My online gaming has been annoying of late. I get a WARNING: CL_FlushEntityPacket message in red at the top right of my screen and my ping then goes ballistic, normally jumping from around my usual 180 - 200 mark to over 4000 and back again via all points in between.

Any idea what is going on??

O

old.Ashes

There are huge numbers of posts about this on the CS forums but there doesn't seem to be a soluton :(

Sorry m8, it looks like you just gotta bear with it - I know I did. Try another ISP and see if that changes the situation - afaik it's because of packet loss.

Sorry for not being more helpful!

O

old.YORX Excelcus

Originally posted by stazbumpa
:(

My online gaming has been annoying of late. I get a WARNING: CL_FlushEntityPacket message in red at the top right of my screen and my ping then goes ballistic, normally jumping from around my usual 180 - 200 mark to over 4000 and back again via all points in between.

Any idea what is going on??

Yes m8,

As an earlier reply suggested, it can be a confusing error message, but typically it means that your modem and cpu have jammed up while sending info between one another. Usually it comes from too much info attempting to be sent back and forth. There are a number of things you can try that could help. I used to get that error often and eventually got rid of it. I haven't had it in 3 months or so. First off, go to http://www.lagless.com for a tutorial on how to configure your DUN. It won't take more than 15 mins and could fix it, as well as possibly cutting your ping by 50 or more.

Secondly, in the dun config there's a section under modem configuration/connection settings, called PORT SETTINGS. Looking at the fifo buffers, the lagless.com tutorial will tell you to set them to the right, on full, maybe try clicking them back to the left click for each slider. Also,try the RAM cache tip in the tutorial, if you have adequate RAM. It's helped my connection and modem no end.

Finally, if you get stuck, still, e-mail me at YORRIC@aol.com with 'YORRIC, stazbumpa packet problem'and I'll send you more useful info.

G'luck,
YORRIC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom