Question

Lethul

FH is my second home
How big are BNP in England? If there were an election , how many % would they prolly get?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
the only way they'd ever come close to winning is if such an event happend it turned the majority of the UK against anything foreign.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They have done better in recent elections. Thankfully not enough to actually matter as most people can see through their thinly disguised racist hate. Although they have seen an increase in support in recent years.

It also helps that their leader is a clown who gets owned every time he speaks in public.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Probably has something to do with Sweden's equivalent to the BNP getting almost 6% of the votes in our election yesterday.

It's a fucking tragedy.

An expected one nonetheless.

The current situation in Europe makes the perfect enviroment for national parties. Its happening in a lot of countries.

In the bad times, ppl tend to perceive more comfort and protection from right parties rather than left ones.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Probably has something to do with Sweden's equivalent to the BNP getting almost 6% of the votes in our election yesterday.

It's a fucking tragedy.
Well thats mostly because our failed immigration politics, i mean Södertälje reciving more people from Iraq than the entire US.

The immigration politics failed 20 years ago and none has done anything to improve it since everyone is afraid of being called racist when they want to make some demands of the people who come here. And the riots in Rinkeby, Rosengård and Uppsala this last year has not improved any relations either.
And the stonethrowing at the police, ambulances, firedepartment and busses, even been cases where they have been shooting at busses and trains in Stockholm.

The sad part is that the majority who behave and try to educate themselves and try to get a job, we dont see them. We only see the rowdy minority.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Under PR they would have what? Twelve Parlimentary seats? Fuck that, just one would be bad enough, twelve would be a disaster.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
An expected one nonetheless.

The current situation in Europe makes the perfect enviroment for national parties. Its happening in a lot of countries.

In the bad times, ppl tend to perceive more comfort and protection from right parties rather than left ones.

Read 'Cauldron' by Larry Bond, his story lets the nationalism scenario play out and it starts with protectionist policies on imports, before long the whole of Europe is at war again because everyones economies are on the verge of collapse. When countries look inward instead of working towards common goals the whole fucking thing falls apart, that is the road these nationalist would happily take us down.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
These parties getting votes is not necessarily a bad thing - it's a huge wake up call to the other parties and the apathetic part of the population. Also, the more political time parties like this get, the more their idiotic views and policies are exposed.

R2D3

Fledgling Freddie
Under PR in UK BNP would get nearer to 40 mps. They tend to do worse in general elections because no one bothers voting for them, but do better in European elections because of the proportional element (6.2% of UK vote at last European elections)

BBC NEWS | European Election 2009 | UK Results

Of course if you add in the Welsh and Scottish nationalists, then the numbers start to get pretty big...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom