Question

S

swords

after reading the grab bag regarding +skill items, it mentions that +skill only affects spell dmg on players higher than you if you have the spell line maxxed to your level.

Is this the same for all +skill items?

for example if i spec 50DW and have +11 from items and say +2 from RR will the +11 from +item actually do anything if i am fighting an equal con opponent?

in the past few months i have been told +skill doesn't go over level, that only +skill from RR goes over level and that they both take it over level.

Now with this grab bad im just asking this to reaffirm my belief that having +11 DW will be viable when i craft my sc armour...

T

Tranquil-

The thing on the herald is only valid for magic.

Melee adds damage to equal levelled opponents if you get more +skills.

+dual wield is only an add to the %chance the offhand has to fire.

S

swords

right, cheers.
doesnt +DW also increase your dmg cap?

something about Dw increasing dmg cap and slash increasing min dmg and variance.

T

Tranquil-

No, unless you are an infiltrator your damage is only modified by your main weaponspec(slash/crush/thrust).

With infiltrators your minimum damage when using CS styles is controlled by weaponspec and max damage is controlled by CS spec.

S

smerf

Originally posted by Tranquil-
No, unless you are an infiltrator your damage is only modified by your main weaponspec(slash/crush/thrust).

what about 2h weapons? I thought weap skill/dammage caps were controled purely by 2h or pole arms skills, and variance was done on the slash/crush/thrust level?

A

Athis

Originally posted by smerf
what about 2h weapons? I thought weap skill/dammage caps were controled purely by 2h or pole arms skills, and variance was done on the slash/crush/thrust level?

Slash/crush/thrust raises the minimum damage cap with 2h/polearm.

T

Tranquil-

Aye, 2H controls the max dmg and weaponspec controls the minimum iirc.

F

-frostor-

does +50 thrustskill has effect on variance with pole?

D

Draylor

Yes Frostor, points over 50 in damage type do effect polearm damage.

But points over 50 make less difference than points below 50.

Of course a test server (or even very occasional access to one) would let us all test this stuff for ourselves rather than relying on third-hand information :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom