Question to Moderators!

T

Thorgald

im just mildly curious about a few things here.... do moderators have some Written down rules about when a topic should be closed or is it just a personal view about the current topic??

seen quite a few topics getting closed recently that were quite harmless..

so i just like to know if theres any fixed rules or if its just a "lets close this for the heck of it" kinda way...

closing the topic so it wont be filled with non mod posts, but mods can open and answer...

B

Belsameth

I'll answer thisone then :)

partly there is ofcourse the CoC, which covers quite a few things, besides that it's common sense on part of the moderator.

I know this won't guarantee 100% unbiased modding (which is impossible anyway, when working with people) but in my time on the DAoC boards (both as mod and as user) I think we did quite a good job. tho I'll never deny we sometimes make errors too.
in which case you're, ofcourse, free to send us a civil PM

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by SilverHood
wtfpwned!!!1

:D

+1 tbh :p

and just to add some content to my post so I won´t be accused of spamming I would like to say

:wub: you belsa

B

Belsameth

this is actually quite an interesting topic (I think, at least) so please take your hijacking attempts somewhere else :p

S

SilverHood

To add content to this post, I say that harmless irrelevant posts be moved to off topic, rather than being locked / deleted / etc

*runs for the hills*

It would mean new blood in the Off Topic sections, (and maybe the excal forums could come out of the dark ages and into the ligh?)

B

Belsameth

I can't speak for the others, ofcourse, but when I encounter OT posts I generally move them, unless the content really isn't worth a thread of it's own (with which I mean excessive flaming and the likes, not just because the content is utter drivel), in that case I lock.
the only times I delete posts are when they're true and utter spam which hasn't been posted on by too many people, or account trading posts.

S

Sharma

Oi Bone im suprised you could be bothered to edit all them frames in your avatar. :p

P

PJS

Originally posted by Thorgald
seen quite a few topics getting closed recently that were quite harmless..

these harmless posts wouldnt happen to be effectively "+1"s with no real content would they? :p
think youre mistaking harmless for pointless

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom