Question to Mids in Emain currently

Corran

Part of the furniture
Im just trying to understand you folks. You moan there no one in Emain but you sort of gave evidence why. You add into fights even when there is only 2people in the enemy group as they a duo.

Question is this... Do you think it is really necessary to have a balanced group ADD into a fight that another balanced group is having against a Scout/Sorc duo? Is it that necessary? Sure i got mezz of on 6 of the 8 mids but you really think you needed to come in behind with that 2nd group?

Sorta brings it home how RP hungry some you are.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
is it neccesary to add in a 5vs1 fight for all the alb stealthers?

same question can be asked to everyone

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
Corran said:
Im just trying to understand you folks. You moan there no one in Emain but you sort of gave evidence why. You add into fights even when there is only 2people in the enemy group as they a duo.

Question is this... Do you think it is really necessary to have a balanced group ADD into a fight that another balanced group is having against a Scout/Sorc duo? Is it that necessary? Sure i got mezz of on 6 of the 8 mids but you really think you needed to come in behind with that 2nd group?

Ported to emain, ran to mmg, fight infil, cabby adds.
Port to emain, run outside mpk, infil pops with battler charge.
Port to emain, run to mmg, bunch of albs zerg me.
Port to emain, run outside mpk, bunch of albs zerg me.
Port to emain, run to mmg, 2 RR11 stealthers camping.
Log.

Not that nice RvR for mids either.

Corran

Part of the furniture
xxManiacxx said:

still better odds then what i face :D

I just wanted an answer from these RvR groups that run about and moan yet do this sort of thing. I know it will happen im just interested in their reasoning as it goes against what they looking for. They say they want good fights without adds etc yet they act the opposite to it. As such they will never get that which they seek

Jimmyjr

Fledgling Freddie
Caeli said:
Ported to emain, ran to mmg, fight infil, cabby adds.
Port to emain, run outside mpk, infil pops with battler charge.
Port to emain, run to mmg, bunch of albs zerg me.
Port to emain, run outside mpk, bunch of albs zerg me.
Port to emain, run to mmg, 2 RR11 stealthers camping.
Log.

Not that nice RvR for mids either.

you moan about a inf with battler charge, wtf :eek7:

Ginius

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:

Alb stealther don't whine about not having enemys for rvr... :worthy:

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
hey at least you got Port to emain most hibbys got RUN to emain and when tards take bolg and ailine it just doubles the time taken.

Anyways who wants to play in emain its full of gank groups who just farm each other for rps real people rvr in epic :)

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:

Like alb stealthers would stop adding on fg v fg fights ? even we face a fg and a stealther pops he is first target, what goes around comes around .

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Really amazing people still question adds in the most active, most zerged zone in the entire game.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Zapsi said:
Like alb stealthers would stop adding on fg v fg fights ? even we face a fg and a stealther pops he is first target, what goes around comes around .

zapsi this is your problem though. You are more then happy to go with the "they did it so i will" and yet you will go on to moan when they continue to do it. Kinda makes it pointless saying anything in the first place about not wanting it to happen.

Fg vs FG fights and a stealther adds. It can sway a battle true, but you still got a high chance of winning. 8vs2 fight, i would of lost it, however i at least could of put a fight up before i died so that i would be in the mind of coming back. Ask anyone that i meet when in my duo or solo. i can die 30times to a fg and still come back because i had a chance to do something (bolt range mezz and run-nuke someone if weak group) however when you try dealing with 1 group and another group comes and decides they want 1rp more it puts me of returning.

You say go to another frontier and i do go to odins alot, however that pointless till about 18:00+ as it be empty. So go emain. 8:1 odds i deal with. 8:1 odds then get added on to make it 16:1 odds aint something people like.

Just hope you understand that your acts limit the fun you can have. zerg me with your group and i solo and i dont mind.. but adding into fights like that doesnt equal the challenge you sulking that is lacking for you.

Anyways, as said i was merely interested in what the people involved thought that such actions would achieve. Nice to see that a opted group fears a solo sorc or a duo so much they only will go near if they can add on fight. Good going zapsi :p

Corran

Part of the furniture
Marcus75 said:
Really amazing people still question adds in the most active, most zerged zone in the entire game.

im not questioning the adds, im questioning the reason behind it. I merely wanted to know what they thoguht they achiever apart from the 1rp extra. I can take being zerged, odds are 8:1 against me 95% the time at the moment. It the mentality that people feel the need to add in something there really is no point in them doing so. Goes against what half these people say "We want a challenge" yet they play like "Fuck a challenge, solo person already in a fight with a fg ... CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
zapsi this is your problem though. You are more then happy to go with the "they did it so i will" and yet you will go on to moan when they continue to do it. Kinda makes it pointless saying anything in the first place about not wanting it to happen.

Fg vs FG fights and a stealther adds. It can sway a battle true, but you still got a high chance of winning. 8vs2 fight, i would of lost it, however i at least could of put a fight up before i died so that i would be in the mind of coming back. Ask anyone that i meet when in my duo or solo. i can die 30times to a fg and still come back because i had a chance to do something (bolt range mezz and run-nuke someone if weak group) however when you try dealing with 1 group and another group comes and decides they want 1rp more it puts me of returning.

You say go to another frontier and i do go to odins alot, however that pointless till about 18:00+ as it be empty. So go emain. 8:1 odds i deal with. 8:1 odds then get added on to make it 16:1 odds aint something people like.

Just hope you understand that your acts limit the fun you can have. zerg me with your group and i solo and i dont mind.. but adding into fights like that doesnt equal the challenge you sulking that is lacking for you.

Anyways, as said i was merely interested in what the people involved thought that such actions would achieve. Nice to see that a opted group fears a solo sorc or a duo so much they only will go near if they can add on fight. Good going zapsi :p

Not telling u to go anywhere Play as u like keep adding run solo run 10fg dont really care, played sb till rr7l4 know what its like, u get unstealthed fg runs by u die what do u expect, people to sit down wait if more stealthers are around ,so if there is 8 and we can kill them ?
U think we kill u for the rps ? to be honest i rather face 2fg un stick then having small stealther group pop from nowhere double pa scouts assisting any targets goes down and u dont get a chance to mess them till damage is done normal.
Stealthers will allways add and report movement and fg will allways kill them to prevent that, isnt that part of the game ?

Btw is u moaning here not me :m00: so fix u problem talk to some NPC or fix a fg or more and move out.

Is not like if I ran solo with my healer u wouldnt kill me coz its an unfair fight ?
and albs would let me run till some cleric would face me solo and gives us 1 hour to find a winner.

There are days all goes wrong and u keep getting run over by mutiple u numbers and u cant do shit we all have them. U need luck to get even fights and its very seldom maybe 1 a day if we run 5 hours.

Iam sure u can arrange some fights 1v1 if u wish ,could even bring my gimp sb or something else if u would enjoy it. But I dont think people should expect people not killing them coz they less numbers.

I been runing solo and duo healer rm and got killed didnt expect anything else also been lucky and killed fg + in duo with eld NS combo, just releaxe and take it as it comes.

Fell free to pm me if u wanna talk more and I come with sb in epic :touch:

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
I have some sympathy with this thread but I am not sure how it is ever expected to change.

Hib activity in emain has been muted of late for a couple of reasons.

Our journey there is not as straightforward as a port and can be made even more difficult when a couple of key keeps are in 'enemy' hands.

There has become a time we call 'zerg o'clock' when one realm or another will somehow end up with a big zerg who wipes pretty well everyone else out. After a while the non-zergists get sick of being fodder and do not go back.

The days of simple 8v8 or even 1v1 seem to be over. Adds are a fact of life, stealther add groups are a fact of life. When on the receiving end it is not pleasant, when on the giving end then I suppose the desire for rps makes it worthwhile.

I have to admit I added the other day into a fight I could have easily left alone. It was instinctive but I am sure neither of the combatants really wanted it.

We all have our own preferences as to how RvR should run but at the end of the day this is a game we play for fun and to win. Adds is just part of the process it seems.

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
imo get rid of all the rvr zones would solve the problem, i personaly cant see what u all complain about, i solo 99% of the time with my zerker and more often than not get ran over by trios/fgs not much i can really do about it, it is my choice to solo. we all have it happen to us i personaly cant see the problem.

btw if anyone can make sense of what i just typed plz let me know :)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Jimmyjr said:
you moan about a inf with battler charge, wtf :eek7:

key word is "An inf" there, becouse that my friend... is impossible :wij:

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Well its 9AM CET now and guess what. I attack valique and boom Mrkill and Mooomin just have to add aswell. Was another alb there also but atleast he didnt join in.

I understand more and more those ppl that are running with regular ppl popping every alb stealther they see.

Dorac

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
Well its 9AM CET now and guess what. I attack valique and boom Mrkill and Mooomin just have to add aswell. Was another alb there also but atleast he didnt join in.
I really hope you're not suggesting mid stealthers are any different (or hib stealthers for that matter).

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
/shrug

I really tried to solo with my NS while I still played Pryd, was pretty damn impossible tbh so I gave up after one time when I tried to pass AMG to roam amgroad etc.. around 20 midstealthers popped there. (my 1st spontanious thought then was, ok fuck this shit, I aint playing NS anymore).

Suspect most soloers kinda have given up by now since its hopeless.

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
im not questioning the adds, im questioning the reason behind it. I merely wanted to know what they thoguht they achiever apart from the 1rp extra. I can take being zerged, odds are 8:1 against me 95% the time at the moment. It the mentality that people feel the need to add in something there really is no point in them doing so. Goes against what half these people say "We want a challenge" yet they play like "Fuck a challenge, solo person already in a fight with a fg ... CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Fair enough...afraid there are too few that respect a fair fight and let it take place without adding...most just see a big sign saying "Free reamlpoints here" and start bashing away...selfish yes but that behaviour wont ever go away Im afraid.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Zapsi said:
Not telling u to go anywhere Play as u like keep adding run solo run 10fg dont really care, played sb till rr7l4 know what its like, u get unstealthed fg runs by u die what do u expect, people to sit down wait if more stealthers are around ,so if there is 8 and we can kill them ?
U think we kill u for the rps ? to be honest i rather face 2fg un stick then having small stealther group pop from nowhere double pa scouts assisting any targets goes down and u dont get a chance to mess them till damage is done normal.
Stealthers will allways add and report movement and fg will allways kill them to prevent that, isnt that part of the game ?

Btw is u moaning here not me :m00: so fix u problem talk to some NPC or fix a fg or more and move out.

Is not like if I ran solo with my healer u wouldnt kill me coz its an unfair fight ?
and albs would let me run till some cleric would face me solo and gives us 1 hour to find a winner.

There are days all goes wrong and u keep getting run over by mutiple u numbers and u cant do shit we all have them. U need luck to get even fights and its very seldom maybe 1 a day if we run 5 hours.

Iam sure u can arrange some fights 1v1 if u wish ,could even bring my gimp sb or something else if u would enjoy it. But I dont think people should expect people not killing them coz they less numbers.

I been runing solo and duo healer rm and got killed didnt expect anything else also been lucky and killed fg + in duo with eld NS combo, just releaxe and take it as it comes.

Fell free to pm me if u wanna talk more and I come with sb in epic :touch:

Zapsi i not bothered about 1vs1. im not bothered about stealthers. Im a non stealther and always will be and expect to be run down alot when im on my own, i just dissappointed that a 2nd fg see's the need to add against me when in a fight against 1fg as is.

I always used to run unbuffed till i returned. Now i borrow a friends bot and buff myself just so i get to try and qc when multiple stealthers try to attack me. As for killing a solo healer, if i knew it was a healer i wouldnt necessarily kill them. hell i fought a shammy at mmg other day, killed him (close fight, he gt some dot's off on me so almost died :s however second time i got to mmg and saw him, knowing him a shammy and that the likely hood me+buffed pet kiling him was extremely high i mezzed him, ran next to him, emoted and left. If im in a duo in odins and meet a solo person, though i will put in the initial mezz (dont know if there any more hidden afteral) i will leave my partner to fight them 1vs1.

Unlike most people i do put a good fight above anything else and still trying to avoid being dragged into the zerg or die routine. I dont expect people of more numbers not to kill me. What i would of liked is people not to ADD onto someone that greatly outnumbered. Im sure all realms do it, and would like it to stop but wont happen :(

oh and i wont fix a fg and move out. Got bored with group warfare after time in Outcast, nice to not have the "We must win gahhhhhhhhhhh" pressure that some people have. Better to keep it small and hope to get the fun fights whilst just having a laugh.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Belisar said:
I have some sympathy with this thread but I am not sure how it is ever expected to change.

a big change to stealthers is needed in the ultimate end imo, (old horse ye i know but i bash it alil more now).

Stealthers are the single most overpowered archetype in DAoC imo, not because of their ability to kill, not because can stand up solo vs pretty much any class if they know what they are doing but simply because they can stealth.

Stealth in itself need a revamp, I think its silly that a stealther can hide and attack whoever whenever he desires to, if the odds are against him he can choose not to attack and just take another path, if he sees the chanse to add and make alil RPs, he do so without impunity really. Add in some more stealthers so its a group and suddenly you have a small force that can cause tremendous problems to anyone, if they time it right.

Its nothing but easymode to play a stealther, what stealther doesnt really matter, they dont need a group to make RPs, they can come and go as they like and there is no end to the leeching going on by stealthers. With the adding of vanish you cant even kill them as a visible class, even if you seem to win a fight, he vanish and you cant see him anymore. Great odds, for the stealther. He can win, but he cant really loose unless he's an idiot or really unlucky. Same syndrom that existed for minstrels until NF (stun-run, SOS-run) now pretty much applies for assassins aswell, archers now all have some getawaycard, hunters can snare, rangers can stun and scouts.. well.. lol. Add in the sojournerline on archers and we can all laugh alittle more about it.

The population on Prydwen have during the last 2 years gone towards stealthers, stealthers and now even more stealthers. Been lots of days when we ran FG and found more stealthers than visible people. Doesnt that say something in the end? To me it says that stealthers are overpowered and need a radical change. They need to make them harder to play.

In NF, archers is a plague, sure you can use guard, you can engage them etc but how in hell is 1-2 shieldtanks gonna protect a group? PBT doesnt even work well vs archers anymore. Gettin critshot for 1000+ inside towers from wallhacking rangers, isnt fun, and you cant do anything about it. Is 1000+ a reasonable damage from a 2k+ ranged attack? When they can hide? When they can assist? I dont find it reasonable. Nobody but an archer ofc find it reasonable I think.

Sorry bout the ranting but.. I believe that in the end, stealthers is a large cause of the mess DAoC has become, not imbalance between some classes like old zerks, savages etc. Archers, assassins and to a certain degree minstrels just ruin things tbh, they add nothing to the game except intel (which /rw and the new advanced deathmsgs does just as well) and ruin others fights and leech. The trash of DAoC is what they are. Cudos to the stealthers that solo and avoid adding instead of trashing everything they can for cheap RPs.

Whine away stealthers, tell me how weak you actually are, and tell me how "hard" it is to make RPs with a stealther when you even dont require a group.. and also tell me how skilled it is, when nobody else but stealthers can see you unless they are lucky and time a SL perfectly, or tell me how you pwn when you are 3 that jumps a soloing visible toon. Or let me know how hard it is to shoot someone from crazy range when he/she is busy fighting someone else. It is hard.. I know..

;)

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
so tempting to just get a mos5 char in grp in nf

Wilburn

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
a big change to stealthers is needed in the ultimate end imo, (old horse ye i know but i bash it alil more now).

Stealthers are the single most overpowered archetype in DAoC imo, not because of their ability to kill, not because can stand up solo vs pretty much any class if they know what they are doing but simply because they can stealth.

Stealth in itself need a revamp, I think its silly that a stealther can hide and attack whoever whenever he desires to, if the odds are against him he can choose not to attack and just take another path, if he sees the chanse to add and make alil RPs, he do so without impunity really. Add in some more stealthers so its a group and suddenly you have a small force that can cause tremendous problems to anyone, if they time it right.

Its nothing but easymode to play a stealther, what stealther doesnt really matter, they dont need a group to make RPs, they can come and go as they like and there is no end to the leeching going on by stealthers. With the adding of vanish you cant even kill them as a visible class, even if you seem to win a fight, he vanish and you cant see him anymore. Great odds, for the stealther. He can win, but he cant really loose unless he's an idiot or really unlucky. Same syndrom that existed for minstrels until NF (stun-run, SOS-run) now pretty much applies for assassins aswell, archers now all have some getawaycard, hunters can snare, rangers can stun and scouts.. well.. lol. Add in the sojournerline on archers and we can all laugh alittle more about it.

The population on Prydwen have during the last 2 years gone towards stealthers, stealthers and now even more stealthers. Been lots of days when we ran FG and found more stealthers than visible people. Doesnt that say something in the end? To me it says that stealthers are overpowered and need a radical change. They need to make them harder to play.

In NF, archers is a plague, sure you can use guard, you can engage them etc but how in hell is 1-2 shieldtanks gonna protect a group? PBT doesnt even work well vs archers anymore. Gettin critshot for 1000+ inside towers from wallhacking rangers, isnt fun, and you cant do anything about it. Is 1000+ a reasonable damage from a 2k+ ranged attack? When they can hide? When they can assist? I dont find it reasonable. Nobody but an archer ofc find it reasonable I think.

Sorry bout the ranting but.. I believe that in the end, stealthers is a large cause of the mess DAoC has become, not imbalance between some classes like old zerks, savages etc. Archers, assassins and to a certain degree minstrels just ruin things tbh, they add nothing to the game except intel (which /rw and the new advanced deathmsgs does just as well) and ruin others fights and leech. The trash of DAoC is what they are. Cudos to the stealthers that solo and avoid adding instead of trashing everything they can for cheap RPs.

Whine away stealthers, tell me how weak you actually are, and tell me how "hard" it is to make RPs with a stealther when you even dont require a group.. and also tell me how skilled it is, when nobody else but stealthers can see you unless they are lucky and time a SL perfectly, or tell me how you pwn when you are 3 that jumps a soloing visible toon. Or let me know how hard it is to shoot someone from crazy range when he/she is busy fighting someone else. It is hard.. I know..

;)

stealthers :puke:

Animus

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:

;)

What he said :worthy:

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
hey at least you got Port to emain most hibbys got RUN to emain and when tards take bolg and ailine it just doubles the time taken.

Anyways who wants to play in emain its full of gank groups who just farm each other for rps real people rvr in epic :)

you mean like the Wild Hunt zerg who is usually found around svasud/fensalir/jamtland border with 10+ zergs soloers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom