Question to Goa/any DEV/GM

Kaelimar

Fledgling Freddie
Is the engage tower/keep lord correct or not?

seen it being used many times and was wondering

engange lord in a lev 10 tower/keep with loads of people making any siege or any range useless beqause it can´t hurt em, any1 who enter facing a instant death

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
doubt it's an exploit but it sure is dull to fight against :(

effectively they get a tower we can't reduce to rubble for firing catapults into , and that stays at 10 unless released and left to reduce in level over time.

To pay for it they need to keep the lord engaged and kill the tower guards that pop.

They also get the "whoops, where did that door come from" trick where if timed right you can trap half the incoming forces outside and half inside and then outnumber and pbaoe them to bits.

Fluffybunny

Fledgling Freddie
could someone please explain what this is about i know what keep lord is :p and i know what engage is, but what is this about enganging keep lord = instant death and god mode thingy?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
you engage the keep lord so that the walls of the keep cannot be destroyed, i.e
-albion holds keep
-midgard gets into keep and engages lord
-albion cant destroy walls meaning there is only a limited number of ways into the keep
-albion pushes into keep
-midgardians kill keep lord, alb forces are trapped inside

its not a bug, working as intended as the inside force needs to deal with the guardpop as usual

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
The tactics is to beat down a tower door, get inside, not aggro lord since your staying on first floor, then wait for inc enemy and kill them at the door as they storm in thinking they are just in time to stop the siege. The benefit is that once the enemy realizes whats happening they cant set up trebs etc and destroy the tower and hit you with ae attacks when tower destroyed, since its their own tower. The drawback is you have no siegepoints yourself, no oil, no guards, you are constantly beeing attacked by guards inside, and if you aggro lord you have a hard hitting mob that a tank must engage for the rest of the siege.

EDIT: Chronictank beat me to it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom