Question(s) about repairing items

Argyle_Avendale

Fledgling Freddie
I get very different views on this....

Some say you should repair items at 96'ish%, others say wait untill 90% that way you loose less dur somehow...even some saying you should wait untill item is at 75%

Anyone know how its calculated, or if it at all matters when you repair?

Maybe I should have posted this in crafting section, but I believe more ppl read here...

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
dont repair jewellry ever unless it has +skills on it, they will still function perfectly, also means you'll never lose that lovely lsoa necky

Suffix

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Curou! Me and Swipe get our internet tomorrow1!! xD

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Remember that the effectiveness or armour and weapons is modified by the quality and the condition.
So 100% af100 armour which has dropped to 70% con is effectively only af70 armour and a 99% 16.5dps sword at 90% con is a 14.7dps weapon (16.5x0.99x0.9).
I generally repair my armour and weapons at 97% but there's no point doing that for jewellery.

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
Argyle_Avendale said:
So what you're saying is, wait as long as possible to repair right?

Wait a while yes, but obviously as con drops so does the effectiveness, i wait till around 93-4% on cleric but thats cos i dont get hit much anyway

Aeatan

Fledgling Freddie
I repair my staves at 96% (because they suck a lot more power at 96% than at 100%), tho, I suppose it would be different if you have a weapon that can't be replaced (ie, artifact).

I repair armour (clothes) at 90% - 93%.

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
99%/100% Items have a Dur bonus, so you may not notice a massive repair etc. Also if you're a Necro, don't even bother repairing :p

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
At 70% condition:

EAF & EDPS drop as described by Requiel
+skills cease to work
Focuses begin to decrease gradually

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I've always repaired my Bonedancer's armour at 99% (he's a LGM tailor) and it's never lost 1 point of durability in over a year and perhaps 50/60 repairs. Same goes for my Theurgists staff, had the same one since level 40 and it's never lost a point of durability since I regularly check it's condition and repair the instant it hits 99%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom