Question/Idea for Goa?

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
When/if the excal/pryd cluster is even more dead, is it then possible to do multiple clustering (as in usa)?

As i see it, it might be a problem since the different servers/clusters use different languages here in eu.

I don't want to play with french nor german players, or rather i don't care much to see other languages spammed, i have nothing against the players themself.

I would however prefer it come to that, instead of playing on a cluster with about 500 players at peak time. I would even happily embrace the different languages used if the server/cluster i play on, once again had about 3000 players at peak time.

Is it possible?

What do you daoc'ers think of this, would you prefer to play on a 300-500 cluster (at peak time) and keep it "pure" english?
Or to have a full server/cluster with the complications of people not understanding each other and getting frustrated of their realm m8s?

As a sidenote, about those camlann players.
Can't be fun with that low player base, would it be possible (if a majority would like to) for those players to get their chars copied over to the excal/pryd cluster(might be more needed later on when their numbers dwindle even more)?
Ofc they would be limited to get to use their own realm-items.

Toughts?

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
probably wont happen, id prefer low pop so i could solo anyway :e

Corran

Part of the furniture
I cant see this being possible because then they would have to select a single language to be used for all NPC's etc. Means people that play on a server of their language may not be able to make sense of things NPC say on the combined server. Though this may not be a major problem in the rvr zones it would mean locking the PvE zones.

But then I would suspect even then it wouldnt be possible to do, simply because each language has its own coding (hence delays in patching due to various language tests) and I would hazard a guess they cant integrate it all together.

Besides, it be a long time before this needs to happen.. the RvR groups are stubborn and there no game that matchs the combat in daoc atm so they wont leave - it is the casuals/keep forces need to worry about how the game going.. but with the mid zerg apparently out last few days, apparently that no where near an issue yet (90 people raiding by 18:00 etc)

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Eithor said:
As a sidenote, about those camlann players.
Can't be fun with that low player base, would it be possible (if a majority would like to) for those players to get their chars copied over to the excal/pryd cluster(might be more needed later on when their numbers dwindle even more)?
Ofc they would be limited to get to use their own realm-items.

Toughts?

There was/is plenty idea about the PvP server in the US that is in even worse shape the camlann is. I would rather keep my template on camlann then change so I have 1 more healer on [EN]cluster. there is so many other ideas that is more viable to save camlann and as some have pointed out the camlann pop actually increases over the last few weeks again.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
The population on Camlaan is probably as good as it will get without attracting the gankers and arseholes who killed it off in the first place...

To be honest, i'd prefer it if they changed it to a part Co-op/part PvP server - homelands become safe areas, where players from all realms can XP together in a PvE environment, but can travel out into the frontiers to fight against each other in whatever groups they wanted.

Give the keeps in the frontier more NPCs for stuff, then the hardcore PvPers can go hunt there, the Co-opers can stay in the homelands if they want...

gives opportunity to roam and compete in both, AND allows cross-realm Co-oping to go on. I think the thing that killed it for me was the bindstone campers - remove them from the homelands and voila - two servers in one...

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
if they done that i would be there in an instant tbh, sounds more like what i would want to do

VaaN^

Fledgling Freddie
tryet classic an got tired of those arogrant french fucks that cant understand there world is not all about them!!!! the day we get clustert with french ppl is the day i quit

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
VaaN so you rather play with say 400 people(about 100 in each realm together with buffbots) at excal/pryd cluster, at PRIME time(probably same rr9-rr11 people in set groups or the very same few skilled soloers) than to be able to be about 3000 players?
More action, more alive, more variety of skills etc.

Only thing that would (at this time anyway) have me quit daoc would be a very low pop.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
VaaN^ said:
tryet classic an got tired of those arogrant french fucks that cant understand there world is not all about them!!!! the day we get clustert with french ppl is the day i quit
hmm, so you're a tolerant type then - In the newbie guild it was easily done; English in /gu, French in /o

Wheres the issue there? If you join a guild then i would guess you'd join a guild that is predominantly your language, so wheres the issue there? If there was a French and German classic server, and you wanted the opportunity to play on it, would you expect them to at least respect you, if not actually accomodate the fact you speak a foreign language?

If you let this get to you that much that you have to blanket every French person as
arogrant french fucks
then, apart from the obvious educational issues it brings up, maybe you should think about being concerned equally about the amount of bigotted f*ck's on here that MAKE the language barrier an issue...

You'd have been a shit caveman, dude... :|

Himse

FH is my second home
Rediknight said:
hmm, so you're a tolerant type then - In the newbie guild it was easily done; English in /gu, French in /o

Wheres the issue there? If you join a guild then i would guess you'd join a guild that is predominantly your language, so wheres the issue there? If there was a French and German classic server, and you wanted the opportunity to play on it, would you expect them to at least respect you, if not actually accomodate the fact you speak a foreign language?

If you let this get to you that much that you have to blanket every French person as then, apart from the obvious educational issues it brings up, maybe you should think about being concerned equally about the amount of bigotted f*ck's on here that MAKE the language barrier an issue...

You'd have been a shit caveman, dude... :|

Its true though. tbh, they just talk french on an english server. Maybe they should get their own? Dont understand why GOA set up a German / English but not a french.. :S

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
player numbers i expect... The Germans are out in force every day of the week, but French and English servers took most of a hammering - i guess they did a numbers check and decided that there wasn't a big enough French userbase to commit another whole server cluster to them...

Looks like they're probably right now it's come to it, as Glasto is still often out-popped by the German classic server

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Rediknight said:
The population on Camlaan is probably as good as it will get without attracting the gankers and arseholes who killed it off in the first place...

Hi there
I logged on and got killed a few times before I was standing in the middle of a SI town asking for cash after I did /level.....

I must admit that as so many people say that everyone on camlann is such big f*** heads I am starting to wounder how I ever made it there. Got some really good friends from camlann that I never played with before I dinged 50 on camlann. You judge a whole server by a few bad moments instead of giving it a fair chance but guess that you can't handle people or something.

Rediknight said:
player numbers i expect... The Germans are out in force every day of the week, but French and English servers took most of a hammering - i guess they did a numbers check and decided that there wasn't a big enough French userbase to commit another whole server cluster to them...

More likely the other way around. Not big english player base to have a pure english classic server. And the english people would qq rivers bigger then aamazonas if they made a FR and a GE server but no EN.

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
Phoebee-v- said:
Hi there
I logged on and got killed a few times before I was standing in the middle of a SI town asking for cash after I did /level.....

I must admit that as so many people say that everyone on camlann is such big f*** heads I am starting to wounder how I ever made it there. Got some really good friends from camlann that I never played with before I dinged 50 on camlann. You judge a whole server by a few bad moments instead of giving it a fair chance but guess that you can't handle people or something.
have to agree with that, all my best daoc friends are now from camlann, was hard exping a minstrel old skool :) but i suppose that was the challenge!

Phoebee-v- said:
More likely the other way around. Not big english player base to have a pure english classic server. And the english people would qq rivers bigger then aamazonas if they made a FR and a GE server but no EN.

! Would be teh funny tho ^^

Everz

FH is my second home
Phoebee-v- said:
Hi there

Been playing there the past few days, ended up giving it a little break, the situation is so sad, 1 or 2 active PvP zones, 50s stuck to you timers camping, everyone adding no matter what % hp your at, or if the odds are already against you. Ill give it another go in a few days but..

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Phoebee - i said "killed it off in the first place" - the population was what caused 99% of them f*ck heads to come ganking on that server. That and because they could.

I've given Camlaan three tries since it went live - first one was ganked into bankruptcy, as was the second 6 months later (when i hope the server would've settled a bit). The third try saw me with a Troll Shammie - in an attempt to garner some love, as no matter how hard i tried i couldn't get a group, i begun my quest to heal up resting players, res dead ones and be the buff bot for youngsters if i had nothing better to do.

Sadly, all this got me was a lot of "cheers mate!" but nothing else. The levelling there was much harder then, relying on going to particular spots to hunt, which would inevitably be either camped by someone else levelling, or camped by someone 10 levels above you waiting for some one just like me to come along for some easy RPs...

I haven't been back there since - hell, i only came back to Pryd about a month ago - so im not saying it's still like that.

What i did say was that if the population DID increase back up to a decent number then that would encourage the return of the arseholes that wrecked it in the first place.

The suggestions i made that you didn't quote would solve that problem straight away, giving the co-op PvE option in the homelands and the cross realming PvP scene option for those who want that...

Zede

Part of the furniture
the french president walked out on some EU meeting today.....

because the guy giving the speech.....

used ENGLISH :clap:

arrogant french fookers !!

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
probably saw a very fetching baggette nearby and had to go investigate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom