Question From Noob Crafter

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
I've got My Tailor up to GM and a mid-level Spellcrafter & I was going to knock out some Spellcrafted armour sets suitable for something like Thid. Can any kind soul tell me what these tend to retail for, as I have no idea, never having bought or sold SC armour at this level. Thanks. :clap:

Diddyman

Fledgling Freddie
m8, i've tried selling 99% quality Thid Level Leather Armour via my CM, and I couldn't even give it away :(

I started off with it priced 10g per item (60g for a set), to start with and then lowered it to 5g per item it still didnt sell. I even had a couple of MP items too for 10g and then only 5g, but these would not sell either.

Eventually I removed all the Armour and stocked up with Thid Weapons, which do sell (Since ToA these are about the only Weapons I'm selling now :( ).

As for SCed Armour, its a catch 22 situation...People with alts will probably have guild members who can create them a set, and SC to their specific requirements, as they will likely have jewelery etc to use.

New People, who would benefit, probably wouldnt have the money...

It all gets down to if you are looking to provide a service or make a profit from it...

I suggest that you put some stuff up initally to sell pretty much at cost price to see of there is a demand for it.

Like with my Thid Weapons, I spend a whole plat the other day stocking up with a selection of 99% Quality Thid weapons and a couple of MP items, when I put it up on my CM, I had to increase the usual cost slightly just so I could break - even (had an exceptionally bad run), I stock these Thid weapons as a "Service" as sometimes they are not widely available, in the hope that perhaps they will come to me when higher level weapons are required....

Perhaps without the ToA factor (i.e. Everyone on Arti/ML Hunts/Scroll farming/Arti XPing), it would be viable, but ToA has really killed the crafting side of things.

Good Luck on Whatever you decide.

Diddy

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
Thank you for the excellent reply!

All I can say is 'bah! I hate ToA'..

Why? Because I (and others) have put so much blood, sweat & tears into crafting and along comes an expansion which makes it almost pointless. I honestly don't know if it's worth getting my crafts up to LGM now.

The thing is, even if it's worth it now, who is to say goa won't introduce another patch when I get to LGM which makes it pointless?!

I work all day & have a family, so I don't have time to go on long ToA hunts on an evening, so I'm going to effectively get owned in RvR with my sub-standard armour.

<sob>

Never mind, sorry to winge there are bigger problems in the world. It's just that I put a LOT of effort into my crafting.

But I see you know what I mean!

ToA = :kissit:

Diddyman

Fledgling Freddie
I work all day & have a family

Same here m8, ToA has almost made me quit the game...

Before ToA I was having fun...

The ToA comes along and suddenly, you need to spend way too many hours at it NOT having fun....

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
I think ToA has improved the need for crafters - everyone needs to re-do their character's template to make it fit with artifacts. If you have more than one or two artifacts its very hard to cap all your stats, people are inceasingly after 99 or better still MP items. I do however think ToA has screwed up W/C's as many people will be using weapon/shield artifacts but some (like me) wont be :)

Buliwyf

Fledgling Freddie
people only want mp's to go with their ToA template...

all my 99% leather/cloth/chain is still collecting dust on my cm. :(

Hence.. only make a crafter if you wanna help yourself / guild.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
People also need to think about the time this stuff takes.

Got a pm recently asking for 4-5 pieces of MP Chain. Wanted me to get it to them in the next hour. They were a little shocked to learn how long they'd have to wait !

A lot of people also don't seem to realise how expensive it is, especially now the 99% stuff isn't wanted (so it's cheaper in comparison, and you can't rely on selling it to reduce MP price). Unless you're making serious money from farming (inc selling drops/artifacts/scrolls etc), MP sets (especially Plate/Chain) are out of most people's reasonable expectations.

I'll try to make them for random people (non guildies as well as guildies), but only on my terms (Cost+10%, money up front for however long they want me to try. They either get the highest quality non-mp I made, the option to give me more money to continue, or the MP plus change. I give no guarantees on speed, as I still want to play the non-crafting side of the game!). I don't think that's unfair, though ?

Darzil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom