Question for Kemor/Zargar: RE Gorre

E

Eblessair

Are you planning on making Gorre a public test server again sometime in the future? or is access to it to be kept to E&E and internal staff only?

C

chi_

They can't be bothered, if you want to test something go to coad :rolleyes:

B

Brannor McThife

They generally only tend to open Gorre one or two days before release of the patch. Due to the increased amount of testing that the E&E teams (German, French, English) were doing since SI, I guess they didn't see the real need for lots of open testing.

-G

C

chi_

Originally posted by Eblessair
Been involved with CoAD for a while chi_ ;)

I know, I saw you on the member list :) Haven't had a chance to get on yet, how functional is it?

T

Tasans

There isnt anything to function with.
Tbh i cant even access the server now, any idea if its down?

C

chi_

Originally posted by Tasans
There isnt anything to function with.
Tbh i cant even access the server now, any idea if its down?

I think the server is only active from 6pm onwards, when the admin gets home from work or something :(

Z

Zargar

We do not have plans of opening up Gorre currently. The Eyes and Ears testers are doing an excellent job at ratting out bugs and problems, and currently this is the fastest approach to getting 1.60 live, which is the purpose of the test server. This may change with time and nature of the tests we need to do, but that is how it looks at the moment.

-Zargar

J

Jiggs

Well tbh they didnt do a good job on last patch. Fair few buggs in it, wrong style database for friars and a fair few others etc~

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by Jiggs
...wrong style database for friars...
I don't have a friar in Live, but I sure as hell played around a bit with a Level 50 Combat Friar in SI testing and the styles were fine. Given, this wasn't my focus, but I am damn sure the styles were fine on Lothian/Gorre when I played there in English. Must have crept in after that.

Also, there's nothing stopping you asking E&E people to test specific things, as they will have access to the GOA forums and other E&E's to get proper, cross-realm if needed, testing done. E&E people can report any issues to the GOA forums and with a restricted number of testers, GMs can test too without being overwhelmed by a gazillion people asking stupid questions about things that are clearly stated in the patch notes.

-G

E

Eblessair

Originally posted by chi_
I know, I saw you on the member list :) Haven't had a chance to get on yet, how functional is it?

Its been up and down alot recently, something to do with one of the devs pcs going tits up i think ;)

E

Eblessair

Originally posted by Zargar
We do not have plans of opening up Gorre currently. The Eyes and Ears testers are doing an excellent job at ratting out bugs and problems, and currently this is the fastest approach to getting 1.60 live, which is the purpose of the test server. This may change with time and nature of the tests we need to do, but that is how it looks at the moment.

-Zargar

A reply, cool :D

Damn, wanted to try out some diff specs on my chrs :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom