Question for all

S

silverthorn

Is this just a Clan paradise here or is there room for n00bies?

All the public servers are empty but the Clan servers are always mobbed (no surprise) but when you go to play on any of them all you get is abuse from the regulars be they in a clan or not!!!

What hope have us n00bies got of getting involved if all we get is threats in the games telling everyone to "just kick the n00bies off"?

I'm considering paying for a subscription to Game.net cos I think it's a fantastic idea, but this l33t1sm stinks :eek:

I mean, is it just me?

Rant over...

T

Testin da Cable

heh everyone was a new gamer once matey :) play up, and ignore l33tists...or better, frag them :D

A

adslrizla

Some of the "clan servers" have good admins and some don't really give a damn what goes on unless they're playing - in which case you're liable to random kicking for having the temerity to frag them anyway.

Best thing to do is play the game and treat people the way you'd like to be treated. Don't throw abuse around and when someone gets an exceptional kill on you then acknowledge it. You may not be the best but people will remember that you were one of the peeps that played the game with the right spirit.

Ignore the sociopathic 14 year olds that are all over the place on publics screaming cheat/wallhack/etc etc every time they get killed. They're really not worth bothering about. There's plenty of us around that aren't like that and if you catch us at the right time then you may even get help to improve your gameplay.

PS don't ask me anything about flying the Apache in Desert Combat - it would be a really really bad idea :D

S

silverthorn

appreciate it guys... I've been a gamer for many a year and have played many of these games online already but the whole ferocity of the in game chat kinda took me by surprise...

Hasn't put me off, it would be nice to remember that they were n00bs once too :s

D

Deadmanwalking

Ye the same goes for "We were all n00bies once" We were all 14 once but some of us could keep our hormones in check unlike Alot of the players u will see :)

And if u do need help just hit one of us "enlightened" ppl in IRC/Game webchat and we will do our best to help u :)

S

silverthorn

Cheers Deadman... appreciate the support... it just kinda put me off a bit :(

D

Deadmanwalking

NP - Little tip stay out of the "Your mother" arguments they normaly end pretty dead endish :p

C

Chameleon

The 'clan paradise' dies without new blood. Of course everyone is welcome. There are some 'kids' out there who will shout abuse and are full of elitest BS when you kill them. Ignoring their comments and killing them again seems to help ;)

M

=M<P=Xerxes

It's the same as leaner drivers, they always get called. But the ones calling them did the same stuff. LOL. Just idiots complain about new guys. I say Hello.

:cool:

C

Clowneh!

they dont hate newbies [i think :)]
they hate any idiots ;)

O

old.D0LLySh33p

I h8 noobs :(

/me rants at self in mirror.

=====

Seriously though, silverthorn, pay no attention to the 1337 kiddies!

E

Embattle

Hmmm I remember you blowing up in planes rather a lot yesterday :p

D

Deadmanwalking

... erm .... eh ..... BAH!

I did have a mouse though !! I lent out me joystick

G

Gumbo

Also you said you were considering buying a sub... If you haven't, you won't even see the non clan Game.net servers, which are finally seeing some action in the evenings.

The quality of the games on these is very good at the moment and you won't see the 'Lam0r, w4llhack comments that you get on publics.

Buy yourself a sub, and a copy of BF1942 and come and join in the Tuesday night games that are really filling up now, you'll have a good laugh, and don't sweat the noob thing. There's the full range of skills in that particular game, and the whole teamplay aspect, (rarely seen on true publics) means that your contribution can be important, even if you're not the fastest on the trigger.

M

Maljonic

it's a hostile planet, it's a bug planet; I say, kill 'em all!

O

old.D0LLySh33p

I can't wait til uni finishes finally and I get adsl at home.

I can return to my bw cs pastures once more :)

M

Maljonic

Originally posted by old.D0LLySh33p
I can't wait til uni finishes finally and I get adsl at home.

I can return to my bw cs pastures once more :)
I'm missing uni a bit now, all those books and bre... erm studying. Thinking I might go back this year for a Masters.

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Don't! Tis evil. Drains you of money. It gets so boring after the first couple of terms.

And you won't get a playable link to the outside net prolly if you live on campus :/

M

Maljonic

I wont live on campus, I love creative writing and the course is part-time so I'll still have my lovely job, and I'll still be here in my flat with my lurvly adsl;)

Users who are viewing this thread