Question about zerks..

Bledavic

Fledgling Freddie
As long as spec + temp + RR = 50 (sword or axe or hammer) your damage is maxed when using LA styles (50 LAspec +11 LA from temp) right? I posted Bledavic's template on FH and got a comment about lacking +11 hammer :)confused:), wich made me have doubts about this. Correct me if I'm wrong..
Anyways, here's the template: https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=202762

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
That's right. As long as you only use LA styles, you'll be fine.
Not sure if it's 50 or 51 total. Guess it depends on whether you're rr5 or not. I went for 51 axe myself just to be sure. :)

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
zerkers mostly spec 50 weapon anyway so +11 weapon is pretty useless.

It would give u like 1% extra dmg.

Although if you split your weapon spec so you can switch damage types i.e. crush & slash then +11 is vital

My temp is the dogs bollox but has only +6 hammer. Your temp is very nice.

Nelex

One of Freddy's beloved
everyting you get over 50 will effect your WS (weapon skill) which will help you land styles.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Nelex said:
everyting you get over 50 will effect your WS (weapon skill) which will help you land styles.
No it doesn't. The weaponskill you gain from over 50 or 51 composite spec does not help you get through defences any better.
You only need more in axe, hammer or sword if you're going to use a 2-h or use those style while dualwielding.

However, the lv 50 style in LA(and other spec lines like DW, CS, etc) is affected by mainhand spec and will do crap damage if you're composite specced.
With the coming changes to LA styles, we'll probably use AB more and then it'll be better with a high mainhand spec, unless Mythic fixes that bug.

Nelex

One of Freddy's beloved
Zoia said:
No it doesn't. The weaponskill you gain from over 50 or 51 composite spec does not help you get through defences any better.
You only need more in axe, hammer or sword if you're going to use a 2-h or use those style while dualwielding.

shouldnt it help on your miss rate ?

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Missrate is 5% for champ/arti weapons and 10% for other weapons.
Part from weapon, missrate is only affected by to-hit bonus on styles, bonus on weapon(and i think armour) and some artifact/ML abilities.
Some will say to-hit bonus doesn't work in RvR, but they haven't had the "pleasure" of comparing hits/misses from conquer vs frosthammer in RvR for 4.5 years. :)

Weaponskill helps you get through defence and makes you hit closer to cap damage.
The weaponskill number that is displayed on your char screen isn't 100% accurate.
Tests have proven that the weaponskill you gain from speccing over 50 or 51 composite weapon doesn't increase you change to penetrate defence.
Though some tests have showed that composite specced chars might get a larger penalty after the new WS/con debuff from assassins. I haven't really seen any conclusive tests on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom