Question about zerkers

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Hey all , my zerker just dinged 40 now and im wondering what weapon specc is best for rvr , was thinking malice/battler combo so guess that excludes axe, been la/axe till now but wanting to change so givf some insight on hammer or sword :)

Thx in advance.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
I dont think hammer vs sword is a big deal style wise since LA styles still do more dmg. Some prefer base weapon anytime because of the end cost (draw out comes very close damage wise) but myself I've just used good old doublefrost :eek:

Question pretty much is what you want to kill fast... With sword spec you have vulnerable druids / resistant blademasters but you have all albs neutral. With hammer you have vulnerable blademasters/bard but chain/scale is resistant.

I'd say you can't go wrong either way... I'm still using slash on my zerker because I find it more balanced overall vs different kinds of enemies but crush would be more effective vs the typical blademaster-heavy hib groups at least.

This is from group pov ofc, haven't thought much about solo but hammer would very likely be best because of low end anytime and having assasins vulnerable.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
axe, malice mainhand croc offhand..

two nice debuffs instead of the "no-effect procc battler procc" "i havnt noticed any differance off dmg when it proccs anyway :<"

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
thx , cool stuff people! keep it flowing :>

Zeratuhl

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:
axe, malice mainhand croc offhand..

two nice debuffs instead of the "no-effect procc battler procc" "i havnt noticed any differance off dmg when it proccs anyway :<"

battler proc = accuracy boost = chance to hit Oo

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I have to agree with the peeps that have said malice/croc, i wanted to stay axe/la because i am used to it and i find it better overall. Atm i got traitors LA and malice offhand, but would like to see that combo as i believe that to be the better one even though the current combo i have i find nice :) Just a pity that my zerk needs more dex/qui as he's far too slow now and you can't piss around now with slow speeds in NF tbh :)

Osri

Fledgling Freddie
Just go aka wyrd spec...around 36 sword, 36 hammer, 50 la, 26 parry. Good for grp or solo, use la styles. Not looked back since done it ;)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
i use battler as 2h malice/croc tooth as usual, battler 2h on openers/folowups so the proc goes off, rest is self explanitory

Osri said:
Just go aka wyrd spec...around 36 sword, 36 hammer, 50 la, 26 parry. Good for grp or solo, use la styles. Not looked back since done it ;)
uselesss till rr7+ even then i would prefer a true spec

Lethul

FH is my second home
Chronictank said:
uselesss till rr7+ even then i would prefer a true spec

explain why it would be useless? if i had a high rr zerk i would definatly used wyrd spec.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Lethul said:
explain why it would be useless? if i had a high rr zerk i would definatly used wyrd spec.
reading the whole sentance is a good habit

useless till rr7 because you wont be able to make up the difference to 50 in spellcrafting till then.

And i would rather keep the higher level styles such as ragnorak since when i land frost gaze my usual chain is ragnorak, snowsquall, icy, aurora
(ragnorak is the highest dmg 1 style move a zerker can get)

edit: you also will be missing glacial movement if you are going hammer/axe which i tended to use alot since the pf nerf when im axe/la specced to save my ickle caster friends

Chronictank

FH is my second home
nerf edit timer, you get conquer with 36 hammer so negate the glacial movement comment

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
battler is nice for utilities, otherwise is crap.

go for battler + malice if u want cheap and pretty decent SC
go for malice + croc if u have some nice items to include
go for sok + malice or croc if u're going to use GoLM

hammer is nice when u rvr in smaller groups a lot (often w/o a shammy).

and yes, DF 4 teh spam.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Chronictank said:
reading the whole sentance is a good habit

useless till rr7 because you wont be able to make up the difference to 50 in spellcrafting till then.

And i would rather keep the higher level styles such as ragnorak since when i land frost gaze my usual chain is ragnorak, snowsquall, icy, aurora

edit: you also will be missing glacial movement if you are going hammer/axe which i tended to use alot since the pf nerf when im axe/la specced to save my ickle caster friends

do 40/40/50/11 then, if you are rr1

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
nerf edit timer, you get conquer with 36 hammer so negate the glacial movement comment

aint it 39 for conquer anymore?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Lethul said:
do 40/40/50/11 then, if you are rr1
i was just pointing out the fact you didnt read the post before replying thats all

the way i play is building characters for purpose, a berserker is there for maximum frontload damage in minimum ammount of time, hence the ragnorak snowsquall chain, but thats just me. Everyone has their own opinion and style, try different specs and find what you like best. I tend to use alot of the higher end styles so stayed at 50/50 you may not, each to their own :)

conquer is 29 afaik, thought it has always been

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Chronictank said:
Ragnarok has a growthrate of 0.85. Snowsquall, Icy and Aurora has 0.95, 1.10 and 1.25, so all of those should do more damage then Ragnarok.

My zerker recently dinged 50 \o/ and i'm going Malice/Croc Tooth.
50LA, 39axe and 42 parry, since i'll be soloing, duoing or running in small groups.
But hey, i made a valkyn as well, so don't listen to me. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom