Question about Vampiir styles

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
What styles do you use when pve'ing? Would like to know for the earlier levels if possible, I got a taunt style at 6 pierce and a headshot style at lvl 11. The taunt style has medium bonus to hit, medium penalty to defence while the head shot style got no bonus to hit, no bonus/penalty to defence. They are both medium fatigue and high damage styles. Which one should I use? I guess the taunt style as it has a bonus to hit and we have to be able to hit to be max. effective. I haven't experimented around a lot as I just dinged 16 yesterday and logged off, altho I tried killing a oj con mob with using the head shot style but I missed a lot and died because of that (was a oj con catacombs mob tho, they're a bit harder).

Any help is appreciated :)

ps. I'm SM spec so I can't debuff armor pieces where the head shot style would come in handy of course.

Wert

Fledgling Freddie
makes no difference, been using lots of different styles on my vamp (43) and i use torso shot, just cuz i like the animation :p what styles you use don't make much difference till higher level (43 pierce for feint shot/eye shot) just use styles, then claw fuck the mobs, draining end and using hot where appropriate

Don't fight in Cata, vamps suck there are leather = weak vs slash and everything there seems to have a blades weapon. Stick to older places (worms in muire) as they are weak vs. pierce so you can leech more power

Don't fight above a yel con if you aren't sc'd ... at 22 with a 2 handed hero (duo no buff bot) we were chaining oj's and red's ... get your self and exp partner @ 20 (some /level champ or another type of tank) really fast way to xp, since vamps have no DT and can handle 2 agro mobs pretty easily really you should have 0 problems with a partner.

Try and do taskmaster quests, they are piss easy and give a lot of xp, mobs are blue/yel and you get a large sum of money + exp for finishing the task. Also mobs are in instances, so instance bonus replaces camp bonus, and you always recieve max amount of exp. I think for level 16 you want howth instance.

As to your "i missed an oj con a lot" well that's cuz at low level weapons have no bonus, so you were using basic damage calcs, at higher level oj/reds solo, you being sc'd ofc, should be easy to handle, given that you pick your mobs wisely, weak vs. pierce are best, higher power leech so you can spam loads of spells more. And claws have weird damage/resist calcs, higher cons seem to resist less :p dunno if that's just me

you don't need to debuff, just leech everything you need (end n power) keep hot up as much as you can, and then just claw pwn.

Hope this helps

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Wert thanks a lot mate, great info there ;)

I'm wearing the lvl 20 Aurulite stuff and lvl 38-40 ROG with +stats and +resists on it (so no need to repair) and I'm capping everything atm, all stats/hits/+pierce/melee resists and even some magic resists are all capped atm so the suite isn't the problem :). I'm mainly doing the task-instances and yes at lvl 11-20 the taskmaster is in Howth. I'll move to Muire Tomb soon and do the instance there, at lvl 13 the mobs near the instance entrance were oj/red so I couldn't get past it ;). I can see that the classic/SI mobs are really a lot easier than catacombs mobs, cata mobs tend to parry/evade a lot and they are nasty cause they hit harder than the other mobs and all of em seem to have some kind of special abbility (dex/qui debuff, stun, styles, effectiveness debuff etc.)

thanks again ;)

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Ok I've did some testing for those who care, read on ;)

Testing Subject: Difference between the lvl 6 Taunt Style (Vampiirs Sting) and the lvl 11 Called Shot style (Head Shot)
Tester: Lvl 16 Vampiir with 15SM and 11+3 Pierce, 95% qua 5% bonus yellow con Piercer and capped stats/skills
Tested on: Orange con catacombs mob, called Glashtin Whelp

What I did was just simply use Vampiirs Sting in 1st Round, Head Shot in 2nd, Vampiirs Sting in 3rd round, Head Shot in 4rth and so on....

Here are the results, the numbers are the damage the style did on the mob:

Code:
Round:                 Vampiirs Sting:                   Head Shot:
1.                               31                             -
2.                               -                              29
3.                               25                             -
4.                               -                              36
5.                               31                             -
6.                               -                              miss
7.                               25                            -
8.                               -                              35
9.                               26                            -
10.                             -                              30
11.                             28                             -
12.                             -                              28
13.                             28                             -
14.                             -                              miss
15.                             27                             -
16.                             -                              miss
17.                             -                              miss
18.                             -                              miss
19.                             -                              27
                                          [b]Mob dies[/b]

As you can see after the 15th round I've just kept spamming the Head Shot style as the mob was on 4% health and I wanted to see what happens if I spam that style all the time...The result was 3x miss in a row and finally the style hitted and killed the mob.

Now I've also calculated the average damage I get from the styles:

Vampiirs Sting Used: 8x
Vampiirs Sting Hits: 8x
Vampiirs Sting Misses: 0x
Total Damage From Vampiirs Sting Style: 221
Average Damage Per Swing From Vampiirs Sting Style: 221/8= 27,63 average damage per swing.

Head Shot Used: 11x
Head Shot Hits: 6x
Head Shot Misses: 5x
Total Damage From Head Shot Style: 185
Average Damage Per Swing From Head Shot Style: 185/11= 16,82 average damage per swing.

Conclusion:

As you can see, the Head Shot style hits for a little bit more than Vampiirs Sting but it tends to miss a lot, which lowers the average damage per swing for the Head Shot style dramatically. The Vampiirs Sting style never missed in the 8 rounds I swinged it, and the damage difference isnt that big at all but if I look at the average damage per swing the Vampiirs Sting style wins it hands down! Also nice to see i didnt miss once which means I won't get in power problems when using this style.

Both styles got a medium penalty on defence and medium fatigue cost. The only difference between these 2 styles when delved is that the Vampiirs Sting style got a medium bonus to hit, while the Head Shot style got no bonus at all. So young levelling Vampiirs, don't use the Head Shot style if you aren't "debuff armor part" specced cause you will get in trouble a lot of times because of the miss rate ;)

Want to hear your suggestions about it as I spent some time typing all this and testing it :p (don't call me silly cause I compared low lvl styles but this test shows that using the proper style can make a lot of difference while leveling :))

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
i think the lowlvl shots dont gain growth rate as fast as the taunt, because it used to have higher caps but now my vamp is higher lvl they don't anymore

and anyways, in pve, use taunt cus it has tohit bonus.. the lowlvl shots dont, making you miss all the time. in thid i used headshot cus i avoid hitting the mp trainer chest

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
... in thid i used headshot cus i avoid hitting the mp trainer chest

good point you got there, thanks for the tip ;)

and as far as I know, in pvp the hit bonus/penalty and defence bonus/penalty don't count...so would be smart to use the style that does the most damage regardless of the hit bonus or defense penalty.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
tohit bonus in rvr only reduces chance to outright miss, so ye it's kinda useless, but at higher levels the taunt will start outdamaging the shots anyway

until feint/eyeshoot

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom