question about Theurgists...

Simemir

Fledgling Freddie
I just capped my theurg in thid, and respeced to Earth, so hes a bit more grp friendly. Currently im lvl 25, and looking to get to 26 for PBT.

It seems to me that i run out of power really quickly, anyone have any advice?

I seem to go down to 50% mana after 2 yellow con mobs?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
yep check your staff its probably quiet shit, get one from a CM even if it is purple with better focus, it will reduce the pet power cost significantly.

will check when i get home put thinks that is tha case.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Its a common problem with theurgists and normal sadly, pbt is very expensive on power to keep running and generally if your in a group without a sorc, minstrel or fop then running pbt is all you'll be able to do.

When you have some RA's to spend you'll want to invest heavily in either MCL or Raging Power and a few levels of Serenity helps alot.

I'd suggest making friends with an alchemist or taking it up yourself so you can make your own power pots and power regen buff pots.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
I might have the wrong idea, but if you're doing yellow con mobs I get the impression you're soloing, in which case its the spec thats the real problem - earth theurgs are simply one of the worst solo levellers there is. If you respecced earth for groups then make sure you're always in one, PBT is invaluable for PvE and you should even get into much higher level groups just for the PBT, but if you're going to solo even a bit, choose anything but earth.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
on the solo subject you should know that your pets also steal part of the exp (and rps for that matter). So if you want to get cap exp you need to fight orange mobs.

Tilda

Kagato said:
on the solo subject you should know that your pets also steal part of the exp (and rps for that matter). So if you want to get cap exp you need to fight orange mobs.
And orange players! Do RvR at 45!

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
This probably dont work for your level yet, but send 1 or earthpet(s), and earthbuff it(them)

but yes ... Earth-theur are bad PvE-soloer

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i was under the asumption that theurgists wernt penalised using pets in rvr or pve ?

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
They really shouldn't be, but I also heard a while back that they are, to a maximum of 1/6 experience... or something random like that. I've been wondering for a while if thats still the case so i'll test it later on my lowbie theurg.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
i was under the asumption that theurgists wernt penalised using pets in rvr or pve ?

They are, pets still steal exp and rps, and quite alot too.

Its still be raised in the Theurgist TL reports, and mythics reply was 'no, design decision' I believe.

gives you a warm fussy feeling inside doesn't it?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
they don't steal a massive amount but they still steal some - all pets do.

Think it's capped at 25% of the xp/rp if the pet does all the damage, might be less than 25%.

If you nuke along with the pet damage it'll take less.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
No, necro pets don't because 'you are' the pet, and are dependant on it.

Theurgist pets are our life line but apparently we don't qualify still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom